Centerfire has Biathlon Basic Rifles ... BI-7-2-KO BASIC - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:50 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Centerfire has Biathlon Basic Rifles...

..... priced at $329.99. I was just on their web site and they have them in both .22LR as well as .22 Mag for the same price!

Link: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/

Last edited by aom22; 05-23-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Restore Original Title
Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 PM
mr_ouija
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nice price, when did they get those? I just ordered one on the 15th for $365 shipped.

I bet if I ordered the same day from them, it would've been here by now. =/
Old 05-23-2008, 12:46 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_ouija View Post
Nice price, when did they get those? I just ordered one on the 15th for $365 shipped.

I bet if I ordered the same day from them, it would've been here by now. =/
I ordered mine from the same place as you did.... for the same price, of course.

I checked the Centerfire Systems web site this evening for the first time in several days so it's very recent that they received their rifles.

When I called Stanley's Pro Shop today to order the spare mags, I asked if they had any Biathlon Basic rifles and he said they wouldn't be able to get any for awhile because of problems getting them into the country. Now I think that may have just been BS seeing as how Centerfire has gotten them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 AM
mr_ouija
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yea I realized that after I had posted.
Btw, did your BB ship yet? Mine's not supposed to be here til the 27th and the wait is killing me.

MT Guns told me they had about 1000 new rifles coming in about 10 days after I called them. I strongly believe MT Guns and R&R both use Zanders as their distributor.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:23 AM
GovtMule

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looked at the pix of those biathlon rifles. Can one of you knowledgeable folks please explain the rather unorthodox looking bolt contraption? I'm assuming its all just designed for ease of chambering, but is there more to it than that?
Old 05-23-2008, 01:28 AM
mr_ouija
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Its a 'Toggle Bolt' or 'Fortner Action' and similar to a straight-pull bolt action.

Here's the Gunblast Review with some good pictures of it.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:34 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_ouija View Post
Yea I realized that after I had posted.
Btw, did your BB ship yet? Mine's not supposed to be here til the 27th and the wait is killing me.

MT Guns told me they had about 1000 new rifles coming in about 10 days after I called them. I strongly believe MT Guns and R&R both use Zanders as their distributor.
Years ago when I had an FFL (01) I used to get Zander's catalog. They always seemed to be slightly higher than other distributors. I'm going from memory so take that with a grain of salt.

I fully empathize with the pain of waiting. I suffer every time I order something.

My rifle has shipped and could be here tomorrow. Your order should have processed before mine so it may be that the routing to OK is slower than to GA. I really have no idea why your delivery isn't until Tuesday unless it has something to do with method of payment. I paid by Visa over the phone.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:42 AM
mr_ouija
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I paid by Visa through the webpage. They charged me the next day (16th) and it didn't ship til the 21st. I'm watching the UPS tracking, and it is in Kansas City right now, which is 5-5.5 hours from OK City, so I guess its stopping at every exit on the way down the highway to get here. =/

I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is early, but not expecting it to arrive on Memorial Day.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:02 AM
mr_ouija
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
It made it to Wichita, so 3 hours away now...

So far, its taking 2x the time it takes average people to make the drive, and the last stop it sat for 4 hours before heading out again. Next stop is OKC, but it *appears* it will be too late for a delivery today. It'd be awesome if it does get delivered today though.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:10 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CenterFire Systems SAGIA Biathlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubs43 View Post
Centerfire has Biathlon Basic Rifles
CENTERFIRE SYSTEMS INC. has Izhmash Biathlon Basics in-stock.

Saiga Biathlon .22LR Rifle (aka: Izhmash Biathlon Basic 7-2 KO Imported by RAA)

NOTE: the Sagia Biathlon .22 WRF depicted is actually a .22LR Model

Last edited by aom22; 05-23-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Add Additional Images
Old 05-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Looter

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
'Already said it in the other thread, but just for the sake of any Russian newbies that may be reading: The Russian "Biathlon" rifle and the Saiga are not the same thing. Don't be confused by vendors selling it as such. The Saiga is a line of centerfire, semiautomatic rifles and shotguns.

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/saiga.shtml

And Izhmash is the company that makes them both:

http://www.izhmash.ru/eng/product/weapon.shtml

Last edited by Looter; 05-24-2008 at 10:08 PM. Reason: added links
Old 05-24-2008, 02:44 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looter View Post
'Already said it in the other thread, but just for the sake of any Russian newbies that may be reading: The Russian Biathlon rifle and the Saiga are not the same thing. Don't be confused by vendors selling it as such. The Saiga is a line of centerfire, semiautomatic rifles and shotguns.
While the same factory complex (Izhmash) makes both the Saiga and the BI 7-2 KO Basic, they are indeed two different lines of rifles. On their web site, the Basic is listed as a hunting rifle (so are the Saigas) while the Biathlon rifles are sporting rifles.

Interestingly, the illustrations on the Izhmash site of the BI 7-2 KO show a rifle with a different stock than those being sold in the US as the Biathlon Basic.

Why the dealers are describing the Biathlon Basic as a "Saiga" is a mystery to me.

Last edited by doubs43; 05-24-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:16 AM
joe1347

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubs43 View Post
..... priced at $329.99. I was just on their web site and they have them in both .22LR as well as .22 Mag for the same price!

Link: http://www.centerfiresystems.com/
Looks like CenterfireSystems is still offering the Biathlon Basic 7-2 (apparently now known as the Saiga Biathlon SAI-22LR) for $329. Curious, has anyone actually purchased a BB from CenterFire and gotten a close look at the rifle? From the few reviews out there, it certainly sounds like owners are very pleased with the accuracy and the great trigger - but how about reliability? Any problems and who do yor send the rifle back to if it needs repairs or warranty service? Or more pointedly, is there even a warranty? Given it's limited distribution, the Biathlon Basic seems to be somewhat of a mystery or an unknown, then again it's 'exclusivity' contributes to it's appeal.

Old 03-07-2009, 09:33 AM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BIATHLON-7-2-KO BASIC from Centerfire Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1347 View Post
Looks like CenterfireSystems is still offering the Biathlon Basic 7-2 (apparently now known as the Saiga Biathlon SAI-22LR) for $329.
Nothing special from Centerfire Systems.
The model designation SAI-22LR is a re-marketing name by CFS - nothing else.
Just a plain-jane BIATHLON-7-2-KO BASIC as imported by Russian American Armory Company.

Quote:
... Any problems and who do yor send the rifle back to if it needs repairs
or warranty service? Or more pointedly, is there even a warranty?
You will need to contact CFS an ask them your questions.
CFS customer service should be your point-of-contact.

Quote:
Given it's limited distribution, the Biathlon Basic seems to be somewhat of a mystery or an unknown,
then again it's 'exclusivity' contributes to it's appeal.[/IMG]
If you are intersted in buying a BIATHLON-7-2-KO BASIC
it will not be difficult to locate one for sale - used or NIB.

Now a Legion Sobol ... that is an exclusive rifle.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:44 PM
joe1347

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aom22 View Post
Nothing special from Centerfire Systems.
The model designation SAI-22LR is a re-marketing name by CFS - nothing else.
Just a plain-jane BIATHLON-7-2-KO BASIC as imported by Russian American Armory Company.

You will need to contact CFS an ask them your questions.
CFS customer service should be your point-of-contact.

If you are intersted in buying a BIATHLON-7-2-KO BASIC
it will not be difficult to locate one for sale - used or NIB.

Now a Legion Sobol ... that is an exclusive rifle.
Thanks for the advice. Just sent off an email to CenterfireSystems (CFS) with a few questions regarding warranty, return policy, and repairs. Suspect that I'll get referred to original importer RAAC.

As for purchasing a NIB Biathlon Basic .22LR, CenterfireSystems seems to have the best price. Used Biathlon .22LR's seem fairly scarce. Suspect that I'll purchase a Biathlon once I get a little more comfortable with warranty and repair details.

One question, if anyone is interested in answering, does the finish on the stock vary considerably? I've seen Biathlon Basic photos with both a light beech? stock as well as a stock that looks more like walnut. Personally, I strongly prefer the darker walnut stock. Not certain what CenterfireSystems is currently offering?