Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:08 PM
the highlander

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The "Queen" is For Sale on RFC, Mts-12

Well gang, I have just listed the "Queen" of my collection in the classified's here on RFC, my 1961 Russian Mu-12 (or Mts-12) Olympic-grade target rifle.

If you've read AOM-22's threads with the American Rifleman article on this gun, it's "all that" and more. This gun was purpose-built for the very best of the Russian Team to do one thing very well, make very tiny holes! Mine was cherry-picked for me by Mac Tilton at MT Guns, and it is a sweet one. Nice stock, good sights, and a DST that breaks at under an ounce, almost with a strong breath (it is safe, and adjustable). check out the several pic's that I put in the ad, and you can e-mail me for additional pic's if you need them.

Bill
The Highlander
Old 09-26-2007, 05:52 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glamour Shot: The Queen

the highlander

Classified Profile:

1961 Dated Russian Mu-12 (or Mts-12) .22 Olympic Match Rifle
Old 09-26-2007, 06:48 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MTS 12 Sports Target Rifle

Sports Target Rifle: MTS 12

Quote:
12 caliber rifle MTS 5.6 mm is a class sporting rifles random sample, and is intended to achieve, the best performance in shooting at fixed targets at distances of up to 100 metres. To apply shooting target 5.6 mm lateral fire.
Gun barrel weighted manufactured with great precision and connected with receiver box sending two cylinders and threads. The length of the tube 750 mm.
The closure length sliding. Channel 4 in the locked trunk of battle stress in turn handles the shutter.
Casing extracted from the Chamber extractor and are moving shutter in the back position.
Sight dioptric with removable dioptrami. To make accurate amendments to the shooting sight has screws and barabanchiki vertical and horizontal changes.
Mushki replacement ring or rectangular.
Trigger mechanism shnellernogo type to regulate push down in 35-200 was length of trigger hook is also subject to a 0.05-mm 3.
Bed form with pistola handle made of walnut, beech or birch wood.
By permitting reliance attached to the left arm and antabka for belt and to the rear end of a gun mounted zatylnik. Situation reliance, and antabki zatylnika regulated.
Weight rifles 6.25-6.5 kg.

Rifle supplied with a set of protective cover, flies, and dioptrov tool deployed in a comfortable and beautiful nature.
MTS 12 rifle issued since 1952 and in that time has earned great popularity among gruffy athletes.
Rifle has been successfully applied leading masters of the USSR in international sports competitions in the shooting.
At competitions in the world primacy in the cities of Caracas, Moscow and Cairo (1954, 1958, 1962 years), with a rifle shooting team MTS 12 gunmen USSR has been the first place to get the world championship title and prizes rolling Switzerland. At the Olympics also have achieved high sports performance.
Machine Translation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 11:22 PM
the highlander

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thumbs up Both the Ural and the Mts-12 Are Sold

Same lucky buyer bought both. I'll let him decide if he wants to share the information, but I'd look for a new poster and match shooter here on the Russian Forum in the near future.

Bill
The Highlander
Old 09-27-2007, 12:45 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thats to bad you had to sell your rifles Highlander.
I hope thing turn around for you soon.
Do you have any Russian match grade ammo ????
Things are tight with me too. I have to play with what
I got for now myself.

Swiss
Old 09-27-2007, 07:43 AM
the highlander

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Swiss,

Just a part of life sometimes. I actually cleaned out my ammo locker too. I had already shot up all of my horde of the old "Olymp-R" except for one box. Still have a few boxes of Temp and Sniper, and a couple bricks of Junior. I'm keeping all of them and a few boxes of Wold Match Gold to shoot in my little TOZ-78-05 HB, if I ever get to shoot it.

I did, however, sell shakey all of my other rimfire target ammo, which included the original Federal Gold Medal Ultramatch UM1, couple bricks of good Wolf, and several boxes of Lapua Multi-Match, Master and Midas. Just didn't want to mess with trying to ship it and Dale's a good guy who has bought guns from me before. And I sold another friend all of my centerfire ammo and my loading setup and dies (except for an old Lyman tong tool for .44 Special and a new can of Unique).

I also gave my Son a couple bricks of Winchester T-22 and one of Federal 900 that his Ruger likes and stashed several boxes of Green Tag for the Grandkids two training rifles, an old Rem 580 and a Mossberg "L" single shot Martini action. The two oldest will be ready to start shooting on their next birthdays and their stuff is safely packed away and waiting.

The only things the wife and I kept were the TOZ, a muzzleloader that I personally built years ago, and our 2 personal protection pieces, my early post-war .32 PPK and my old S&W 1914 .44 Hand Ejector. Oh well, look at it this way, if things do turn around, I get to start a whole new gun collection

Bill
The Highlander
Old 09-27-2007, 09:01 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am always on the look out for some Russian match grade
ammo. You never know when some will pop up.
I bough two bricks of sniper from a nice gentlemen last
feb. here on RFC. I am down to 100 rnd on my Russian
match (white box) now. My CM-2 loves the stuff can you
imagine a Russian rifle loves Russian ammo. LOL
This fly was shot @ 50 yards with my CM-2.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1/100_3711.jpg
But I have the two bricks of the sniper.

Later......Swiss

Last edited by midwest swiss; 09-27-2007 at 09:08 AM.