Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

HELP! CZ452 Scout or CZ452 cut down American??

5K views 49 replies 20 participants last post by  USCGret 
#1 ·
Saw an interesting rilfe collecting dust in the corner of my LGS. Asked to see it thinking it was a 452 Scout. It was marked as an "American", but had the short bbl (didn't measure), and what *seemed* to be the LOP typically found on a full size CZ452 American. It was also threaded for a can. My initial reaction was that it is a cut down CZ452 American, retaining the full-size stock. My questions: Were the 2007 era 452 Scouts marked as such? Or were they possible marked American, but shortened and sold as Scouts? I think this rifle is a cut down American, but I liked it and wanted to see what ya'll thought. Also, if it is a cut down rifle, thoughts on accuracy?

#4 · (Edited)
16: Barrel 452 American

Sir -

I have a 2007 CZ-USA catalog and in that year, they did in fact offer a 16" barreled 452 American. The catalog describes it as "New!" and "Features a threaded muzzle with a steel thread protector". .22LR, turkish walnut, blue finish.

If it has a threaded muzzle, I would jump on it. It would seem to be prize in my opinion.

It was listed as late as the 2011 catalog but I did not find it in the 2013 catalog.

#19 ·
Sir -

I have a 2007 CZ-USA catalog and in that year, they did in fact offer a 16" barreled 452 American. The catalog describes it as "New!" and "Features a threaded muzzle with a steel thread protector". .22LR, turkish walnut, blue finish.

If it has a threaded muzzle, I would jump on it. It would seem to be prize in my opinion.

It was listed as late as the 2011 catalog but I did not find it in the 2013 catalog.
Tnx for helping me ID this rifle Old CZ!

#5 ·
I can’t say I remember who it was but someone on this forum cut his 452 American and threaded it and it seemed to be as accurate afterwards as before. Does the barrel have a thread protector on it and how does it fit against the shoulder? Does the crown look good? And what is the lgs asking for it?

According to the chart that used to be on the store web site the 452 Scout had an 11mm dovetail so I’m skeptical it would have been marked as an American.

#20 ·
I can't say I remember who it was but someone on this forum cut his 452 American and threaded it and it seemed to be as accurate afterwards as before. Does the barrel have a thread protector on it and how does it fit against the shoulder? Does the crown look good? And what is the lgs asking for it?

According to the chart that used to be on the store web site the 452 Scout had an 11mm dovetail so I'm skeptical it would have been marked as an American.
No new tricks, the protector fits perfectly and the crown looks perfect as well...starting to look like this is the CZ452 American with 16" threaded bbl.

#7 · (Edited)
The rifle you looked at is in fact an American with a threaded, 16 inch barrel. I have one that I purchased in 2007 and is market as such on the action and barrel. Should be checkered wood on the forearm and at the wrist. With sling anchors in the forearm and back stock. Serial number should probably start with a A3XXXXX. No open sights, walnut stock. Trigger pull length is 13 1/4 inches. Stock has a high gloss acrylic finish and the wood may be semi fancy in grain structure. The action is a dull bluing as well as the barrel.

If it has a reasonable price I would buy it and use it. They shoot great. Are light weight. I have a Weaver 3 - 9 with an adjustable objective. The reason for the scope is that it is light weight with a parallax adjustment. The one I have likes SK Standard Plus for a diet. There is no need to do any bedding after purchasing it is good to go the way they are. It is not a bench gun it is a general shooting and hunting rifle.

With a suppressor on them they are very nice and quiet.

Go get it.

#28 ·
I've had a 452 scout(gave it to my dad) but I would really recommend the 457 scout. So many improvements and a fantastic little rifle. It quickly became my favorite. You can see the some of the differences here. I have mostly shot mine with the Williams peep and love it. A set screw removes the sight and the scope is easy to install without having to sight it in.

Iron

Attachments

#29 ·
Good Morning Iron, nice rifles/pics. I've been wanting a Scout for a while now. Actually saw a 457 Scout yesterday but I spent my $$ on the 452. But, there's always another day right? ;) Interested in that peep you installed on the Scout. Required any fitting?

Bob

#30 ·
No sir just a simple Williams peep that fits a 22 rail. Works perfectly with the front sight too. I know the feeling about spending money and having to wait :D I highly recommend fondling it when you get the chance.

I plan on skim bedding mine when I get home from work (who knows when that will be:confused:) and also adjusting the trigger. But it is a very very fine little rifle.

The 452 I had like the one you just purchased was one of the most accurate 22’s I’ve ever shot. It kept up with my 54 Annie and that’s saying something. Will you run a suppressor?

#31 ·
No sir just a simple Williams peep that fits a 22 rail. Works perfectly with the front sight too. I know the feeling about spending money and having to wait :D I highly recommend fondling it when you get the chance.

I plan on skim bedding mine when I get home from work (who knows when that will be:confused:) and also adjusting the trigger. But it is a very very fine little rifle.

The 452 I had like the one you just purchased was one of the most accurate 22's I've ever shot. It kept up with my 54 Annie and that's saying something. Will you run a suppressor?
Tnx for the info; no can, just planning on woods-walking/tree rat work this autumn with the 452. I like a 'carbine-sized' rifle. This looks perfect for my intended use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.