New Buckmark, some issues and questions - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-02-2022, 07:22 AM
BobCole
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyBluntObject View Post
Well, it looks like I have some cleaning to do, I will start with that. As for spray lube, Rem Oil? I have been told that is not a good choice on things with tight tolerances, I do have some One Shot dry lube, would that be better here?

Breakfree CLP is among the top tier products, if not THE best, IMO. They've been around for over 25 years now & I've used them almost exclusively. Never had a single issue from this lube.

Brownells, Midway & lots of gun shops carry it. I buy the big bottle as it's more economic. I use long pipe cleaners to apply lube in the slide channels & hard to reach places. It also won't harden with time & age, which not all products can claim.

My .o2
Old 01-02-2022, 09:24 AM
rc.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine was like that out of the box. It was shaving lead on the bottom lip of the chamber and that was causing frequent light strikes, feeding and ejection issues as the chamber would gunk up quickly. Look at the bottom edge of the chamber for a sharp transition at the top of the feed ramp. Shoot a few rounds from a full mag and extract one that cycled once in awhile.to see if it's scraping lead. I bet the ones that don't fully chamber or had light strikes scraped lead. The power of the hammer goes into seating the round and not crushing the rim.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:11 PM
rdas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chim View Post
Yep. Removed one of the grip screws and BOOM!
Chim, you're so lucky! At least your tiny c-clip stayed in place, so the recoil spring stayed on the guide rod.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:43 AM
Gdlt31

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I shoot CMP Bullseye every Wednesday and my 15 year old is in need of an extractor (on the way)I shoot CCI 1070fps. And the key is to keep it clean,I bought one of those oilers with needle point on it. Best thing ever pin point oiling to keep from over oiling. Also try a different ammunition if possible,feel the bullet some are oily like Norma Tac 2 and some are heavy wax. If so a extra cleaning is in order. With a new or used itís always a challenge.
Oh yeah,get the Striplin guide rod and your c-clip worries are over!
Old 01-13-2022, 10:36 AM
GladesGuy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I shoot at least 100 rounds of cheap bulk ammo out of my Buck Mark every week. All I do is run a Carbon C4 Bore Tech-soaked patch through the barrel and then use a BT soaked old toothbrush on the bolt face and breach face. Every once in a blue moon oil the side rails and extractor with a drop of Eezox. I've never had any failures to extract or eject unless you get dud round. I must have 20-25,000 rounds through it.
Old 01-14-2022, 06:10 PM
prairie maggot

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Heavybluntobject, did you get your problem resolved?
Burt