Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-06-2022, 09:31 AM
AndyKunz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEC View Post
I thought the Chaser and Airbug were identical pistols except for the wood/plastic grips. This Airbug suppressor implies otherwise. A question to you Airbug owners - is the barrel threaded?
The muzzle on my Airbug is held on with a grub screw accessed from the bottom. That suggests very strongly to me that there are no threads.

The Buck Rail is more than likely correct. I've gotten a number of items from him and they all fit perfectly and were printed in a high-quality mode.

I'd trust him.

Andy

Last edited by AndyKunz; 01-07-2022 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:09 PM
TCBeard
Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
I have a threaded 3D-printed suppressor on my Chaser that I got from a family startup business that seems to be expanding by leaps and bounds. Recently, they announced a suppressor for the Airbug, and to my surprise, it's a press-on.

https://buck-rail.com/product/diana-airbug-suppressor/

I thought the Chaser and Airbug were identical pistols except for the wood/plastic grips. This Airbug suppressor implies otherwise. A question to you Airbug owners - is the barrel threaded?
I can confirm that the Airbug does NOT have a threaded barrel.
Old 01-11-2022, 04:56 AM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I have a threaded 3D-printed suppressor on my Chaser that I got from a family startup business that seems to be expanding by leaps and bounds. Recently, they announced a suppressor for the Airbug, and to my surprise, it's a press-on.

https://buck-rail.com/product/diana-airbug-suppressor/
Thanks, for the link, and $18?
Old 01-11-2022, 09:14 AM
AndyKunz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Expect some drop after installing it. Mine was shooting about 4-5" low at 10y.

On the good side, my dog stopped complaining.

About the noise, about the noise !!!!

Andy
Old 01-12-2022, 07:16 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've had the Crossman 2300S for a few weeks. I really like it. I ordered the GravMag from the chap in Great Britain. It came in this week. The mag is very pellet specific and most of my pellet varieties won't work in it (.177). I do have some flat heads that will feed in the mag. Frankly, if one were to simply look at the two pistols you'd think the Diana was the more expensive.

You can see I've added a Match Dot II to the Crosman. The Crosman was nearly 2.5x's the price of the Diana. The Diana fit and finish (metal) is better. While the Diana stock is beech, it is finished quite nicely and feels good, albeit just a bit beefy for my medium-sized hands. The Diana is on top.

The only bad thing for me in these recent purchases, I ordered a Diana Airbug from airgunns.com (yep, 2 s's) on December 22nd. I still haven't received it and the vendor isn't returning e-mails, there is no phone number, and lo and behold, when I googled reviews for this vendor, they aren't good. So, I ordered the 2nd one from PyramidAir with whom I've bought many airguns in the past.

I'm going to shoot these through FX chrony at 10 paces with a rest for accuracy and "power" comparison. I'll report back here with what I find.

BTW. I can't believe the Diana is so economical at $129! I bought my grandson a Chaser for Christmas. I'll probably put it through the same comparison as I note above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Crosman and DIana.jpg (141.0 KB, 3 views)
Old 01-12-2022, 10:04 PM
PuddleJumper65
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the update,,I’m smitten with my Aidbug, but secretly have a side thing for the 2300S also. ,, I can see this turning into a threesome soon…lol
PJ
Old 01-13-2022, 11:26 AM
AndyKunz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a 2400XL (with GravMag) and an Airbug. The Airbug is by far the better tool.

I have big hands, so the Airbug's grips are good. I'd still like to make a custom replacement that doesn't have the block at the bottom (it's in my way).

Best of all, the bolt is on the correct side. It's obvious the Crosman is just re-using rifle parts. For the price you'd think they'd flip things over for the 90% of us that aren't lefties.

OTOH, my left-handed son finds the Crosman a better fit for him.

Andy
Old 01-14-2022, 03:55 AM
FredVK
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just picked up an Airbug from Pyramyd Air. With a rail (3D printed) and a red dot it's a shooter. Great value for 130 bucks. Chose it over a Crosman 2240XL. Check out the Buck Rail blog on what he has coming for an AR style collapsible stock/grip conversion for the Chaser, Bandit, and Airbug.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Airbug (Large).JPG (265.4 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by FredVK; 01-14-2022 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:05 AM
FredVK
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowwild View Post
The only bad thing for me in these recent purchases, I ordered a Diana Airbug from airgunns.com (yep, 2 s's) on December 22nd. I still haven't received it and the vendor isn't returning e-mails, there is no phone number, and lo and behold, when I googled reviews for this vendor, they aren't good.
Airgunns.com is a scam site. They have actually stolen the identity of Airguns of Texas, a legitimate airgun business. Hopefully you used a credit card to get your $$ back.