Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-11-2018, 03:18 PM
Skintback
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kidd 10/22 receiver

Wanting to put together a light weight plinker/occasional hunter. I have usually shyed away from Bull Barrels due to weight; I shot off of the bench maybe 25% of the time and plink from field positions and hunt the remainder of the time. Iíve been looking at the ultralight no taper barrels, specifically the Kidd ultralight weight (which I believe tapers to .870) and the TacSol barrels. I will need at least a donor action so I started looking at a complete rifle, receiver and all. Iím r ally liking the Kidd for a complete kit. After all, if I buy a used complete rifle, Iím not but $100-150 difference by the time I do all the upgrades from just buying all the good stuff on the front end. I know I can recoup some money from the parts I donít use too.

So, my long winded above post is to ask this question... what do I gain with the Kidd receiver and guts versus using a Ruger receiver and say Kidd or CPC guts?
Old 03-11-2018, 03:24 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you get the Super Grade receiver you will have the ability to change barrels with just two screws and go from ultralight barrel to a heavyweight .If you get the slip fit receiver from Kidd then you will have a better picatinny rail to mount a scope over the stock Ruger receiver as that is a real weakness of the Ruger receiver. Certainly the machining on the Kidd receiver is much better as well.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:26 PM
stevebla
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Go for it Kidd makes great stuff. I am getting ready to get Kidd receiver to go with my Kidd single stage trigger.

Last edited by stevebla; 03-11-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2018, 03:53 PM
Chaser
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Using a OEM Rec. and TG you can add the KID/KIDD Trigger Kit and a Lite Wt. or Ultra-Lt. barrel and be sub-MOA... done it many times. The KID/KIDD Classic Rec. gets you a better look/stronger/tighter tolerance.. will not net you anything on paper.. but, they are indeed a piece of artwork.

ALL KIDD...

OEM Rec. - Ultra-Lt. KIDD Barrel ...

Old 03-11-2018, 04:22 PM
Wiley Coyote
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Got 5 10/22s with OEM Ruger Receivers and Kidd Internals, Triggers, & Rails. They all function flawlessly, and they all shoot better than I can!
Old 03-11-2018, 05:46 PM
27 Beck

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Some, not all, Ruger receivers are bored to make the barrel slightly cant left. For this reason, I now only use Kidd receivers.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:23 PM
22/45 Fan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Calculate the economics. Calculate the total cost of a new or used 10/22 plus the all of the KIDD components you want to add to it vs buying a complete turn-key rifle from KIDD. You may recover a bit from selling your OEM 10/22 parts but it probably won't be much.

Also, KIDD will stand behind the compete rifle if there are any problems but if you assemble one yourself it will be a lot more difficult to trouble shoot (pun intended).
Old 03-11-2018, 10:26 PM
Skintback

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Many thanks for the replies! Iím going all in on this one. Itís gonna be all Kidd less the stock. Conflicted on the stock but am leaning towards Magpull right now but thatís a totally different forum and thread. Thanks for all the info guys!!
Old 03-11-2018, 10:28 PM
Skintback

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Using a OEM Rec. and TG you can add the KID/KIDD Trigger Kit and a Lite Wt. or Ultra-Lt. barrel and be sub-MOA... done it many times. The KID/KIDD Classic Rec. gets you a better look/stronger/tighter tolerance.. will not net you anything on paper.. but, they are indeed a piece of artwork.

ALL KIDD...

OEM Rec. - Ultra-Lt. KIDD Barrel ...

Love these!
Old 03-11-2018, 11:39 PM
jam_ppp

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintback View Post
Many thanks for the replies! Iím going all in on this one. Itís gonna be all Kidd less the stock. Conflicted on the stock but am leaning towards Magpull right now but thatís a totally different forum and thread. Thanks for all the info guys!!
well, you can go all-all in and get the kidd ultra lite built on the magpul stock.
Old 03-12-2018, 12:33 AM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Factory Ruger Receiver - $90
Hogue stock - $76 (optics planet coupon)
JWH Spider Bolt - $100
JWH Bolt handle - $17 (sale)
VQ ultralight barrel - $191 (Black friday backorder for over a month)
Takedown screw - $4
Cross pins - $6
BX Trigger - $60
Brimstone Job and mag release - $130
Allchin comp - $45

Its a steel gun built to be somewhat lightweight rather than an accuracy gun, but my cousin built it for around $825. The barrel does not cant to the left with the OEM receiver, and I think he bought that piece in November or early December from JWH.

Just an idea of how it adds up and this was with a factory receiver and some of these parts on sales (barrel and charging handle mainly). Just throwing it out there for price comparison purposes on how it can at times be a lesser cost to buy a complete rifle or piece one together with higher end parts than was used on this particular gun.