low budget ultimate - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:22 PM
jakes22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking low budget ultimate

I have had my 22 for about 2 years and I love thing, I've been working on it and its still a work in progress but its come a long way from just the factory ruger. I have put a green mountain 20in fluted bull barrel on it, the stock is the factory stock with my own mods done to it, the barrel is a full floating barrel and its had all the internals polished. I haven't gotten any new internal parts, I have only modified the ones that were in it, I have a few other mods coming this weekend to lighten up the trigger pull and also to secure the receiver to the stock, all my mods have been with money in mind, ive spent a total of 180 on this gun not including the cost of the gun and im keepin the cheap mods going as long as i can, this is my version of a ultimate is to build one as cheap as you can and still be very accurate. Im new to the forum and this is my 1st build and my 1st post and I would really like to know what everyone thinks.

Last edited by jakes22; 04-11-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: figured out out to post pics
Old 04-11-2012, 06:04 PM
yellowjacket265
US Army Disabled American Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Talking Welcome To RFC

Welcome to RFC. From the look of you project rifle I think you're gonna like it here.

Great start on personalizing you Ruger 10/22.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM
jakes22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, I am very happy with the info i am getting from this site so far, I decided that I am going to anchor the receiver after i found the wright up for it on this site, I would have never thought about it if i hadn't found it on here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 PM
#1fisherman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Very nice
Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 PM
polecat53

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
10/22 gm 20'

howdy folks,
i seem to have the same set up (factory rifle) and have put the same gm 20" barrel
on the action. shoots great! this barrel is a real tack driver!! seems the bolt is a little sluggish though, upon chambering the first round,and after a few 5-6 shots it loads the round but dosent fire it?Hammer falls but seems the bolt wont close all the way. any advise?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 PM
jakes22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
see i dont have that issue but your bolt may be binding up or maybe the inside of the receiver where the factory powder coated it is all torn up and needs to be cleaned, i strongly suggest you polish all the internals, it will make it shoot better if nothing else but thats all i can really think of that would cause it other than really bad ammo