Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:56 PM
Garugerfan
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Getting light primer strikes XT-22M

I recently acquired a new XT-22M. I'm pleased with the accuracy of this rifle, but I'm experiencing some light strikes. When this happens I can lift the bolt handle, push it back down and when the trigger is squeezed again it goes "bang". Any ideas on what might be causing the light strikes? It doesn't happen every time and doesn't seem to be ammo specific. I have tried CCI, Speer, Hornady, Federal, Winchester, and Remington with similar results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank, Mike
Old 08-06-2017, 09:12 PM
hizer4648

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did you disassemble and thoroughly clean the rifle before shooting it? Was it repeatedly dry fired?
Old 08-06-2017, 09:26 PM
Garugerfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hizer4648 View Post
Did you disassemble and thoroughly clean the rifle before shooting it? Was it repeatedly dry fired?
Yes I disassembled, cleaned and lubed before doing any shooting. I did dry fire a few times with a snap cap in chamber to check the trigger pull with my Lyman trigger pull gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2017, 10:29 PM
hizer4648

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've read about poor QC at Marlin, as to the extent I haven't any idea how bad it is. I bought an XT 22 TR last year. The only problem I had was front sight was barely inserted on my rifle. I just brass punched it to get it right. You might've purchased a lemon.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Henry88

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would pull the extractor off the bolt. the firing pin will fall out. be mindful of the firing pin spring below the firing pin. it cannot fall out, but will likely come out of place. it goes in a small hole and holds back the firing pin in position. clean the firing pin and all that area well and then lube. be sure the firing pin spring is forcing the pin to rear (so it can travel forward when struck).

Good Luck
Old 08-07-2017, 05:25 PM
Garugerfan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry88 View Post
I would pull the extractor off the bolt. the firing pin will fall out. be mindful of the firing pin spring below the firing pin. it cannot fall out, but will likely come out of place. it goes in a small hole and holds back the firing pin in position. clean the firing pin and all that area well and then lube. be sure the firing pin spring is forcing the pin to rear (so it can travel forward when struck).

Good Luck
Thanks, I'll try that.