Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-12-2019, 01:03 PM
rm877

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Aperature/Peep Sighs for RPRf

Has anyone tried putting aperture or peep sights on their RPRf rifle? I've been shooting in a weekly rimfire league that only allows iron sights (no optics). Course of fire is 10 shots @ 15 yards standing and then 10 shots each at 25 and 50 yards benched. Tripods, sandbags are ok to use but no rear bags, monopods, etc. Have been shooting this league for the past 3 years using my Savage Mk II FVT with the Williams aperture sights that came with the rifle and have been doing pretty well with it. Rifle has been re-stocked into a Boyd's Varminter stock and it's very accurate. I have, however, began to get the gun collectors wandering eye and, on a whim, bought a new Ruger Presicion Rimfire rifle. I have several pairs of aperture sights from previous projects (mostly AR type rifles in .22lr) but none seem to fill the bill. Biggest problem is the front sight. I have put on a short M-Lok section of Picatinny rail but everything is much to tall. Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this rifle and iron sights? Appreciate any responses. Thanx.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:34 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This might work better for you.
https://www.eabco.net/TechSights-920...s_p_14186.html
Old 10-12-2019, 04:10 PM
72coupe
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have installed aperture sights on my rpr. The rear is an RPA Tracker that installs directly to the top rail and the front is a Sinclair tallboy that installs on the Uptagraff bloop tube.

Works great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2019, 09:29 AM
rm877

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks 72Coupe - this looks exactly like what I'm looking for. Appreciate the response.
Old 10-13-2019, 09:31 AM
rm877

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanx aztarget. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't work as the RPRf barrel is smaller than .920. Appreciate your response.