Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-13-2019, 10:32 AM
jrsbike
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beretta 22LR Conversion Kit ?

Has anyone purchased the conversion to adapt to the 92FS? I assume the kits are Umarex products. Thx
Old 12-14-2019, 02:03 AM
SRV1

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsbike View Post
Has anyone purchased the conversion to adapt to the 92FS? I assume the kits are Umarex products. Thx
I bought mine used years ago and Im pretty sure mine was made by Beretta. I do not know if the new ones are made by Umarex
Old 12-14-2019, 02:25 AM
johnrr65

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV1 View Post
I bought mine used years ago and Im pretty sure mine was made by Beretta. I do not know if the new ones are made by Umarex
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2019, 09:10 AM
1911CCW
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I did some work with one of the Ciener conversion kits years ago. The kit was well built but preferred high velocity ammunition to run reliably. The magazine was surprisingly well-built. It was made of aluminum and you could disassemble it into four pieces for cleaning. Not bad for a $200 conversion kit. The main downside I saw was that there was no last round hold open so you either had to count rounds or put a drywall anchor in as the last round so you didn't dry fire it.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Gripen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
97% (27)
I saw this thread just as I was about to create one for my Beretta/Umarex 92 conversion. Funny how that works.

I purchased the .22 conversion kit (with 10-rd mag) from Beretta USA during their Black Friday sale, along with a couple spare 15-rd mags. I considered purchasing a threaded barrel too, but held off on it - my mistake, I should have gotten it and probably could have used at least two additional mags as well.

So far I've put nearly a thousand rounds through my conversion, and it's been flawless. I lubed it generously prior to use (Hoppes gun oil on the slide rails and barrel), but haven't cleaned it yet. The mags are very reliable and easy to load, and while the sights are kind of cheesy (can't tell if they're plastic or metal) the conversion is very accurate nonetheless. I've only used bulk ammo so far, primarily Federal value packs from Wallyworld and Academy.

I'm very happy with it, I didn't have high hopes for it since it's made by Umarex but it seems they've upped their game and are turning out pretty good stuff now. It's a really great way for me to cheaply practice double action shots on my M9, and turns my Beretta into a fun plinker too. I considered buying an M9-22 instead of the conversion, but I'm glad I went with this. I highly recommend it, especially if you can get it on sale.

(P.S. If anyone reading this has a spare 15-round mag and wants to trade for a new, unused 10-rd mag, feel free to PM me. )
Old 12-27-2019, 10:40 PM
Frankenzuki

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a new one purchased earlier this year. Made in Germany by Umarex. Never used it. It came in 2 days after my wife bought me a M9 in .22lr.
I purchased the kit and 4 extra 10 round magazines. Probably should list it for sale in the classifieds.
Old 01-14-2020, 01:41 PM
Frankenzuki

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Now for sale in the classified section!
Old 01-20-2020, 10:17 AM
NuJudge

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I asked on the Beretta forum a little while ago who made the old and new conversion, and the consensus was that the old one was made by Beretta, and the new one by Umarex.

I bought one of the old conversions some years ago, and I have been happy with it. I shoot it better than many of my dedicated match pistols. The old conversion magazines (10 rounds) have the ejector on the magazine. I got some of the new conversion magazines (15 rounds), that do no have an ejector on the magazine, and they work fine with the old conversion.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:04 AM
Tex45LC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsbike View Post
According to the reviews, the new kit is indeed made by Umarex. I've got the old 10rnd made in Italy version. I don't know why Berretta says improved as my old one has adjustable rear sight and the new one looks to be fixed.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:33 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (129)
I have the Beretta Italian made kit, bought it last year from a fellow member unused.
I shot it today for the first time. The magazines are horrible, constant failure to feed the first or second shot. I tried a couple doses of One Shot cleaner/lube spray in them to no avail. The feed lips look kind of wide.
I disassembled the mags when I got home from the range, they had some kind of greasy lube in the follower spring channel. The mags also have striations in the channel from the metal forming process.
I cleaned them and tomorrow will buff the channel and see if it improves function. It worked well on my Ruger 22-45 mags which don't function particularly well unless massaged.
I have a couple of the German mags bought from midway, they look much better in overall build quality, and the follower channel is smooth with some form of coating on the metal, maybe hard Teflon. The feed lips also are much closer than the Italian mags.
Will shoot them next time and see if they work any better.