Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:03 AM
BLUE72CAMARO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
kidd magazine release tripping bolt release

So just got my 2nd 10/22 put together over the weekend and havent had time to shoot it yet but I noticed while messing around with it that if the bolt is locked back and and I push the mag release down all the way it trips the bolt closed. Is this normal? I havent pulled the gun back apart to look at it but I would prefer it didnt do this.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:19 AM
rawhp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUE72CAMARO View Post
So just got my 2nd 10/22 put together over the weekend and havent had time to shoot it yet but I noticed while messing around with it that if the bolt is locked back and and I push the mag release down all the way it trips the bolt closed. Is this normal? I havent pulled the gun back apart to look at it but I would prefer it didnt do this.
If it's a factory modded bolt release, I usually polish this radius and the sides to eliminate the roughness of the stamped steel since it can bind/catch on the mag release:
Old 03-07-2018, 09:26 AM
BLUE72CAMARO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhp View Post
If it's a factory modded bolt release, I usually polish this radius and the sides to eliminate the roughness of the stamped steel since it can bind/catch on the mag release:
It does have a modified factory release that was done by brimstone when the trigger was there for work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2018, 09:29 AM
rawhp
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
It does have a modified factory release that was done by brimstone when the trigger was there for work.
If the Kidd release was already installed when they did the work, I'm guessing they'd fix the issue for you. But if you're taking it apart anyway, I'd still check for roughness in that area. I notice that the factory mag release has such loose tolerances that the binding issues don't show up until you put in aftermarket parts.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:53 AM
BLUE72CAMARO

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhp View Post
If the Kidd release was already installed when they did the work, I'm guessing they'd fix the issue for you. But if you're taking it apart anyway, I'd still check for roughness in that area. I notice that the factory mag release has such loose tolerances that the binding issues don't show up until you put in aftermarket parts.
The kidd release was not installed when it was sent to brimstone, I put it in last weekend when assembling the rifle.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:14 AM
PhilF
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Bolt release

Had the same problem, seems to be a clearance issue. Replaced the Brimstone modified release with a Kidd, I also have the Kidd magazine latches in both of my Brimstone triggers (they do seem to make a difference) Now all is well

Phil
Old 03-07-2018, 11:25 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
The kidd release was not installed when it was sent to brimstone, I put it in last weekend when assembling the rifle.
Sounds like the mag release is dragging against the bolt hold plate. Remove both and polish the adjoining contact surfaces, then dry lube and reassemble.
No graphite- it doesn’t play well with aluminum.

DrGunner