22 Victory Broken Extractor - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:13 PM
Waldo Pepper
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
22 Victory Broken Extractor

Well nothing is perfect, and just to prove it my 22 Victory with about a brick through it had the extractor break today. Well I call S&W tomorrow and ask for a repair and hope they are still sending out the free shipping boxes....been about 20 years since I sent a gun back for repair.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:57 AM
JeeperJake
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo Pepper View Post
Well I call S&W tomorrow and ask for a repair and hope they are still sending out the free shipping boxes....been about 20 years since I sent a gun back for repair.
hope they can send just the repair part; the current situation has led to increased time of response for repairing my own (other model S&W) now dragging into a couple months with repair still pending.

Maybe explore what such as TDK part might cost vs wait time?
Old 04-07-2020, 08:41 AM
FrankW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You can buy a extractor from Tandemkross for $13 plus shipping. I have a spare parts kit with a spare extractor just in case. I have shot about 14 thousand rounds in my Victory and still going strong.

I think the standard shipping is $5.99

Frank

Last edited by FrankW; 04-07-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2020, 09:03 AM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
+1 On the Tandemkross extractor. They work very well and are purported to be stronger than OEM. I strongly suggest you take the installation instructions seriously, though. The extractor is quite easy to replace, but the little plunger and spring have a tendency to want to launch 8 or 10 feet without notice. When the instructions recommend working inside a clear plastic bag, believe it.

For an extra $10, you can buy a spare plunger and spring, too. Either precaution would have saved me an hour and a half on my hands and knees with a flashlight...and I got lucky.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:14 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If that were to happen to my Victory I would just automatically order the extractor and plunger replacement from Tandemkross. Lots less down time and better parts to boot.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:24 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Done the same when my Ruger 10/22 extractor failed; ordered a superior Volquartsen extractor and just put it in myself, saved a ton of time!
Old 04-07-2020, 10:24 AM
Waldo Pepper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNH View Post
+1 On the Tandemkross extractor. They work very well and are purported to be stronger than OEM. I strongly suggest you take the installation instructions seriously, though. The extractor is quite easy to replace, but the little plunger and spring have a tendency to want to launch 8 or 10 feet without notice. When the instructions recommend working inside a clear plastic bag, believe it.

For an extra $10, you can buy a spare plunger and spring, too. Either precaution would have saved me an hour and a half on my hands and knees with a flashlight...and I got lucky.
Well I ended up having to call my order in because of a glitch in their computer so they gave me free shipping. Figured it was better then waiting no telling how long for a repair and cheap MIM part and a much better part.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Waldo Pepper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Spring and plunger on back order.
Old 04-07-2020, 12:44 PM
Oysters

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks, a spare parts kit sounds like a great idea. So far mine from 2017 has run flawlessly.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:09 PM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo Pepper View Post
Spring and plunger on back order.
That's a disappointment. TK is close enough to me that I usually just go bang on their door. Not these days, I guess, but it wouldn't matter anyway because of the back order.

Did they give any indication of how long the wait might be? I have one each of all three parts. PM me if you need them.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:31 PM
Waldo Pepper

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNH View Post
That's a disappointment. TK is close enough to me that I usually just go bang on their door. Not these days, I guess, but it wouldn't matter anyway because of the back order.

Did they give any indication of how long the wait might be? I have one each of all three parts. PM me if you need them.
Thanks for the offer, but I have the plunger and spring, both look pristine.
Old 04-07-2020, 10:59 PM
JeeperJake

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
[QUOTE=FrankW;11842801 I have a spare parts kit with a spare extractor just in case. I have shot about 14 thousand rounds in my Victory and still going strong.

I think the standard shipping is $5.99

Frank[/QUOTE]

what all do you have in that spare parts kit? I may have to cobble one together myself, it's such a pleasant pistol to shoot a lot so easily.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:25 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Tactcool 22 has superb plunger and spring and extractors
Attached Images
File Type: png 635CF0AC-2870-4BF9-98A9-20AE70D57DF3_1586449508210.png (149.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-09-2020, 03:26 PM
FrankW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperJake View Post
what all do you have in that spare parts kit? I may have to cobble one together myself, it's such a pleasant pistol to shoot a lot so easily.
Hi JeeperJake,

I have the Essential Maintenance Kit from Tandemkross. Plus a Spring & Detent for the trigger in case I have to remove the trigger for some reason. The Spring and Detent is for the Tandemkross trigger.

Frank

Link to Essential Maintenance Kit
Old 04-11-2020, 08:37 AM
JeeperJake

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankW View Post
Hi JeeperJake,

I have the Essential Maintenance Kit from Tandemkross. Plus a Spring & Detent for the trigger in case I have to remove the trigger for some reason. The Spring and Detent is for the Tandemkross trigger.

Frank

Link to Essential Maintenance Kit
thanks for the link and information