Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:21 PM
newbplinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Buckmark feeding issue

Hey guys, been struggling with jamming on my buckmark lately. I noticed there is a small gap between feed ramp and barrel breach. Any way to fix this?
Old 04-03-2020, 10:26 PM
newbplinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here’s a pic for reference

https://imgur.com/QDGYD8W

Last edited by newbplinker; 04-03-2020 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:47 PM
2LayZ2
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Online resources detail how to post from Imgur. Essentially you need to copy the share link for the specific photo you want to post. So far you've only posted the Imgur webpage link...No biggy!

Now for the important stuff..

I say you just need to tighten things up a little.

1) Not to worry about the minor gap between the feed ramp and the breech. That's just the nature of the beast.

2) Loosen the small #8 top screws and the large under barrel screw.

3) Remove the shorter #8 screw in the middle of the gun and insert a fresh external tooth countersunk washer.

4) Tighten that screw to around 20 inch pounds.

5) Remove the longer #8 screw over the end of bolt the and insert a fresh external tooth countersunk washer.

6) Tighten that screw to around 20 inch pounds.

7) Tighten the under the barrel screw to 25 inch pounds. Browning uses Loctite C5A copper based anti seize lube here, and so do I.

8) Test fire the weapon to determine if I'm full of baloney or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2020, 09:06 AM
ammohog
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Just checked my BuckMark Hunter to compare to the gap in your picture. Yes, mine has practically no gap. Sounds like you have received some good advice so far. I did notice from the pic posted, your pistol is in need of a good cleaning. I did at one time have trouble with function with the Hunter, I thought I had cleaned it very well. After about a box, I started having trouble again. After cleaning, I borescoped it and found that I was wrong. It was not clean. The chamber and the leade area was suffering from very severe carbon (and lead?) buildup. My fav 3 .22 semi auto pistols are the MK IV Competition, Model 41, and of course the BuckMark Hunter. In my experience, I know for a fact the BuckMark chamber gets dirty much faster than the others, and needs constant attention to the fact. I had to change my cleaning routine for the BuckMark. Before you get out the sanity pills , you might borrow or buy a borescope and take a look to make sure that is not part of the problem. Just a suggestion based on my experience. Good Luck! ......... AH
Old 04-04-2020, 09:29 AM
GladesGuy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I also pulled my Buck Mark out to compare with your pic and there is NO gap between the pistol and the barrel assembly. The BA should sit like a saddle over the body of the pistol with no gap between the two. I would remove the barrel, clean everything and reassemble carefully to make sure the BA sits perfectly flush with the pistol body.
Old 04-04-2020, 09:59 AM
coltlog

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's a link to a recent thread on this very topic: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1185907. I'm not sure any resolution was achieved.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:05 AM
newbplinker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the responses guys, I recently bought a 2nd buckmark because I really enjoy them and was disappointed at the issues my first was giving me and my new one has virtually no gap. The ramp touched the breach so sounds can enter easily. This troubled one had a hard time chambering rounds so thatís what made me look and notice the gap. Itís puzzling, but I guess as recommended above I need to taken it apart and make sure everything is properly assembled.

And yes it is in need of a good cleaning, I only gave it a quick spray down of Hornady one shot before the photo