0% (0)

LEUPOLD, bar none.
Old 12-17-2019, 03:37 PM
squirrel1
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got news for folks.
Vortex is putting a hurting on the other makers in the scope industry.
They are making scopes that fall into lower class, intermediate and best class.

Leupold, Nightforce, etc I am sure are feeling the heat.

Btw, when a company that supposedly has lifetime warranty on their product(s) and they go TU, too bad for the owner of the supposed lifetime warranty. Warranty is GONE.

Last edited by squirrel1; 12-17-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:16 PM
OldCZFan
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Leupold Optics

Some years back, I purchased an old 3x fixed power scope in a western North Carolina gun shop and later returned it to Leupold for a parallax change. Leupold discovered that the internals were damaged. They corrected the paralax to 60 yards at a minimal charge and repaired the internals at no charge. This was done rather quickly, too.

Only this year, I returned an old Leupold 1.5-6x42 LPS scope which would no longer hold point of impact. I received a call from Leupold in a timely fashion and was advised since they no longer had parts for this model, they would replace it with another scope. We agreed on which scope and it shipped quickly. Again, all was done rather quickly.

I have always been a Leupold Optics fan and I have never been disappointed by either their product, service or warranty.

Best quality for the price in my opinion.
Old 12-17-2019, 07:04 PM
trh9905
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Vortex! I put a Vortex Viper Rifle Scopes 6.5-20X44 MDBDC on my CZ452 Super BRNO SAA 2500. Lifetime Warranty and excellent service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2019, 08:03 PM
Texcl2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love Nikon, can’t believe they are going out of the scope business. On the plus side I’ve never had one break and have bought a couple since the announcement for 30-40% off.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:23 PM
Oldgringo

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardS View Post
I wonder how Nikon will handle their Lifetime warranty now that they are discontinuing scopes?
Nikon's discontinuing scopes?? I have three 3-9 EFR's on HW airguns. Oh, the horrors! What to do, what to do?
Old 12-17-2019, 09:30 PM
LeonardS

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgringo View Post
Nikon's discontinuing scopes?? I have three 3-9 EFR's on HW airguns. Oh, the horrors! What to do, what to do?
So, are you just being an %%% with this post, or do you always act this way?
Old 12-17-2019, 09:55 PM
I6turbo

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Funny that nobody mentioned Burris. I think their warranty is the best in the industry. They are mostly center-fire hunting scopes, but I have an excellent Signature Series 6x24 with fine cross-hairs on my 453, and it is deadly accurate. Will hang with any 64 action if I do my part.
I don't think a warranty can be any better than Burris'. I bought my first Burris scope used, when I received it, it was clear that it had been abused and messed up through NO fault of Burris, no manufacturing defect, or anything else. They sent me a brand new one, no questions asked. And their scopes are good. I've bought several more since that first one.

Sightron's warranty is also good, similar experience to mine with Burris, but the scope was not clearly damaged. It just didn't completely satisfy me and they analyzed it and replaced it with an outstanding one.

Last edited by I6turbo; 12-17-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-17-2019, 10:01 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBirdie View Post
LEUPOLD, bar none.
100 yrs and going strong. Burris since 1971. Leupold O it is for me.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:19 AM
TrblShtr
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've had two occasions to call Burris, first was a small piece on the clamp of some rimfire rings broke during installation. Burris sent me a new set of rings. The other was because the battery cover on a FastFire III popped off while I was shooting my .357. I found the cover but it just wouldn't stay threaded on anymore. In that matter they sent me a new battery cover, which fixed the problem. During the original call they told me if the new cover didn't fix it they'd send me a replacement FF III. This all gave me confidence in the company when it became time to buy another Burris product. Can't speak to lifetime warranties for Leupold, Nikon, Vortex or the other brands of scopes I own as there have been no issues with them.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:01 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
My two experiences with Burris have been outstanding as well.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:25 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The three best lifetime warranties are Leupold, Leupold and Leupold!
Old 12-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Rob01
US Marines Veteran Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel1 View Post
Got news for folks.
Vortex is putting a hurting on the other makers in the scope industry.
They are making scopes that fall into lower class, intermediate and best class.
Yup they are making a bunch of companies up their game. Their VIP warranty not only covers mechanical issues for the life of the product no matter if you are the original owner or 15th person to own it but they also cover accidental damage and will fix or replace. Drop rifle from your tree stand and break scope in half? Covered. Burnt up in a house fire? Covered. Accidentally run it over with your truck? Covered. Nice piece of mind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vortex VIP.jpg (156.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 12-18-2019, 05:38 PM
kkd

TPC Rating: 
100% (61)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABear View Post

I had an expensive Bushnell scope that went bad....
Sent it in (at my postage). their solution was "we don't make that model any longer, but we will let you buy XXX model for 20% off list.

If you want your scope back, send us $17 for return postage".

The scope they offered was selling at the LGS for 35% of list.
I had basically, the same experience with Bushnell
They said the same thing to me.
Found the same scope that they were offering me for their discount for less $$ through NatchezSS

So.....
I won't be buying anymore Bushnell
Old 12-18-2019, 05:53 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I dont know when you had the problem with Bushnell but I bought a rifle with a bad Simmons 8 Point 4-12X40. I did not pay anything for the scope so I thought send it in. This was just after Bushnell bought out Simmons. Called them and got an RA. Cost me $8 to ship it and they sent me a Simmons 4-14x44 SF Aetec which was their top of the line at the time. Still have that $8 scope.
I dont know what will happen with Weaver and Nikon. I remember when Redfield went under and no warranty service. Leupold now has Redfield. I currently have 1 Nikon and 1 Weaver GS. I have several Bushnells but have had no problems. My 1 Vortex has had no problems. No problems with my 2 Leupolds either.
I bought an air rifle and it came with a Centerpoint. It lasted about 10 shots and I just tossed it. It was not worth the cost of sending it in.