The Tandemkross Ultimate 10/22 trigger announced today, Oct 22 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:46 AM
octanejunkie

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The Tandemkross Ultimate 10/22 trigger announced today, Oct 22

Received via email today
https://www.tandemkross.com/Ultimate...cid=7dbf0065e2
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 6.41.13 AM.png (349.2 KB, 394 views)
Old 10-22-2018, 09:51 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would love to hear from Brim on this one!
Old 10-22-2018, 10:23 AM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Cool looking trigger. Looks like functionally it is in direct competition with a Brimstone Tier 2, which is 2/3 this price and has many more colors to choose from.

IMO, still Brimstone FTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2018, 02:12 PM
slipup
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Does the Brimstone kit include the hammer and sear?
Old 10-22-2018, 05:14 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipup View Post
Does the Brimstone kit include the hammer and sear?
No, they re-work your parts when you send the TG in. By not actually furnishing separate parts (and leaving you with the stock parts you now have no need for), they save you money.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:27 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Brimstone makes the hammer and sear for this kit for TK. TK supplies the trigger shoe. I guess maybe you use the factory disconnector? I got all the emails, but haven't looked up on it. Its about $135 for the kit.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:33 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
Brimstone makes the hammer and sear for this kit for TK. TK supplies the trigger shoe. I guess maybe you use the factory disconnector? I got all the emails, but haven't looked up on it. Its about $135 for the kit.
Well that's ironic!
Old 10-22-2018, 09:40 PM
nodak
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
I'll bet money that is a super sweet setup but for the money I'll pass.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:42 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Supposed to come in under 2lbs. I don't need a trigger right now for anything, so its the perfect "wait and see" for me.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:48 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For the price of these parts I would spend a little more and get a single stage Kidd trigger complete unit.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:02 AM
BadaBing11

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
For the price of these parts I would spend a little more and get a single stage Kidd trigger complete unit.
For $105, you can get the Kidd trigger kit and get under 2lbs. I think drop in single stage is $185. I'm not sure if Kidd offers a flat trigger. I like their standard one so much, it never crossed my mind to look. Until now
Old 10-24-2018, 11:49 AM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Should also point out that they want $10 more for red, and $10 more for the BX version! So $155 for a red-trigger BX kit.

You could buy a BX trigger @ Brownells right now for $49 with free shipping; buy the Brimstone BX Tier 2 kit and get a trigger in one of 16 colors, not 2, for about $50 with shipping. So total cost of a complete BX trigger and its Tier 2 kit is about $100. The Tier 2 BX is a great trigger; only mod needed to the original BX parts is polishing, which should be done to any stock trigger anyway. And squirt some Dry Lube in there after assembly.

Not saying anyone should not buy the TK kit--different strokes--just that it does not make economic sense.

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 10-24-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:34 AM
TANDEMKROSS
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_in_MO View Post
Should also point out that they want $10 more for red, and $10 more for the BX version! So $155 for a red-trigger BX kit.
Just to clarify, the reason the BX version of this kit is $10 more is because you need to use a factory standard disconnector with the Ultimate trigger. The disconnector that comes with the BX kit will not fit in our trigger shoe. So that $10 covers us sending you a standard disconnector in addition to the trigger, sear, and hammer, which are all the same no matter which version you're buying. So it's not really a different version at all, just an additional part.

If you previously upgraded from a standard housing to a BX kit, you can just buy the regular "version", dig out your old disconnector, and install all that into your BX housing. If you can't find your old disconnector, or if you bought a gun that came with the BX parts already and don't have standard parts to go back to, then you need the version that's $10 more.

Last edited by TANDEMKROSS; 10-25-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:59 AM
Brimstone
RFC Sponsor
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Hey guys, I never get out of the 10/22 Action section and Iíd completely missed this!

Yes, this hammer and sear is my/Brimstoneís invention after a decade of doing 10/22 trigger jobs and installing everyone elseís kits. The issue we ran into with everyone else, and when we are doing trigger work, is they reduce the pull weight by reducing the depth of sear/hammer engagement, and trigger return spring force. But the geometry was wrong so we would end up with a trigger that could ONLY be installed in a polymer housing, or a trigger that wasnít long term reliable, and that tended to have a sluggish reset.

We designed this trigger to be a drop in 1lb trigger, in any trigger housing, and we were successful. It has completely new and proprietary sear/hammer geometry; a theory I had that paid off beautifully!

But when we started running drop testing, the trigger return spring was too light to prevent firing with the safety off. Simply a side effect of a light trigger where there is very little pressure on the sear/hammer engagement, which is what you want for reliability and consistency long term. So we added the much heavier trigger return spring this kit ships with. Drop test safe, under 2lbs, and it is the best steel target trigger in existence today because itís still light, incredibly reliable, with a stupid fast and positive reset. Easily the best on the market.

But itís not the benchrest trigger I was expecting it to be. Now, IF YOU MESS with the trigger return spring and then drop a loaded gun with the safety off, thereís a good chance the gun will fire. So consider yourselves warned. But lets just say that if you went with more traditional torsion spring materials, the results will rival a Kidd two stage.

I actually made a video that I havenít posted up yet, giving back to the RFC community, because this torsion spring is the ultimate evolution of the Bobby pin trick invented here in this forum, then picked up by Skeeter (for those of you goIng back that far) inherited by Brimstone, and now refined a little further by the brilliant minds over at TandemKross. And for you tinkering types, which is the core of this forum, the Brimstone hammer and sear has a TON of potential!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or find us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/BrimstoneGunsmithing
Old 11-15-2018, 11:15 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
just saw this -

Have quite a few TK products and a barrel done by Brimstone

Question:

does this trigger put the LOP for the fingers a little farther forward?...... Asking for a friend that has bigger hands

I love my TK buckmark trigger and am seriously starting to think about another 10-22 build with all the neat stuff out there now.