The Watering Hole 2-17-2020 - Page 11 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 10:16 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Yeah that Atonic. We worry about sick folks and others who have a tendency to go into silent mode.

Movie #2, 21 Bridges, was about Dlong's party turf, NYC with drugs, guns, and cops.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:24 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
YES!! Reclinerized again. Remember 11:05 and episode about to end. Better rerun the next episode.

55 and rainy.

Gerald, OK with the Duke thing unless you are an UNC fan.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, jnyork, Atonic, COW, Ranger, Gerald, 404, Mikey, Hawkeye, wr, M92, AZ, OldDave, Phil, Gigi, Carrij, Rock, Brent, Wayne, Mike, GP, koonta, dlong, RichJ, Randy, IHMS, JimWY, Greggie, Dean, Tex, CMR, JV, Squirrel, Ground, Alec, 404, 1917, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Old 02-18-2020, 11:37 PM
M92pv4u
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ordered some arrows on Sunday from Amazon and they came today. My friend is going to help me cut them and glue the tip inserts in tomorrow. I also ordered a truglo release, the trigger pull is horrible until it gets a load on it and then it is nice. I installed this jet pump and tank today in between a different service call. 20200218_152617_1582090545028.jpg20200218_165627_1582090583656.jpg20200218_170904_1582090608013.jpg
Old 02-19-2020, 12:13 AM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Were they having a sale on elbows? Or do you own stock?
Old 02-19-2020, 12:18 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
May I double ditto that, Al? Its quite true, ya know; the concern for others found here.

Was the '21 Bridges' movie good?
--

Started watching the first season of 'Narco' this afternoon w/the bride, after HDF mentioning it a couple of times. She'd not watched it before either, so it will kill some hours as we mend. I've not watched many movies in years, aside from the few I've taken her to, so most any recent ones are new to me. Mostly only races or football on TV for me and then only on network broadcast. Never paid any attention to the gazillion VHF rentals earlier or Netflix or other stuff she watches until very recently. The no commercials part I like and the ability to stop & then come back to it as well.

May watch the Dallas Predators play in the new football league on Saturday afternoon, since its being broadcast by Fox on network TV. Shall wait & see. I'd rather be back outside shooting, if the weather breaks and will have some friends in town that will shoot some sporty clays Saturday, weather permitting and I'm cleared up enough to not go contaminating them. I'm feeling better by the hour now, but not wholly there yet. I'm not wanting a relapse, so its a hard call knowing when you are fully out of the woods and making a bad one can sometimes prove worse than the first time around. I'd like to avoid that, but also have lots of stuff that needs doing before the vernal equinox [1st day of spring] that falls on March 29th this year. Its a personal goal thing and I do have a mental list.

If I could but remember where I put it, it would help immensely. I'll have to make a mental note of that too.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:31 AM
M92pv4u

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
Were they having a sale on elbows? Or do you own stock?
There isn't really any other way to connect the pipes under ground with doing it that way.
As for the 1" pipe going down the well that's the best way to plumb it. There isn't enough room for 1" pipe to elbow down the well over the 1" pipe. 20200218_222918_1582093768015.jpg here's one I installed a couple of weeks ago with unions on the suction and pressure line for the jet.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:57 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good luck with the foot Don. Nice looking Bearcat. A friend carried one in her purse for years.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:58 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 404tbang View Post
Don, that statement about needing 30% fusion in a joint.......how long ago did you have that done now? Hasn't it been several years?

I'm not meaning to pry, but it jumped out at me. I had a lumbar fusion surgery recently and I'm more than a little curious how long it takes to get solid bone joining the two vertebrae all into one piece.

I hope your surgery goes well.
I think it's been about two years and four months.
~A year ago, in preparation for the surgery that never happened, a CT scan revealed <50% fusion. I explained to the radiologist, yesterday, that a number like that does no good for my doctor. Less than 50 could easily be more than 30%. She was a cute young gal from Minnesota. She said she will note that on my chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
Good luck with the foot Don. Nice looking Bearcat. A friend carried one in her purse for years.
That's a formidable lady friend, Wes.
Mine will likely live in my safe, unfired.
I'm only buying it to rescue it from the heathens at the LGS who all want to hear those four clicks in the action.

I've got nothing on today's calendar. I'll likely go out to the ballistic lab after breaking fast, and begin the manufacture of ammunition anew.

I'd rather go to the club with Wook, shoot at a few clays, then enjoy a libation in the clubhouse with good food and company. Alas, no such facility exists anywhere near my abode.

Hope all of y'all sickly people feel better today.
Prayers for Dean.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:32 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post
YES!!

Gerald, OK with the Duke thing unless you are an UNC fan.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, jnyork, Atonic, COW, Ranger, Gerald, 404, Mikey, Hawkeye, wr, M92, AZ, OldDave, Phil, Gigi, Carrij, Rock, Brent, Wayne, Mike, GP, koonta, dlong, RichJ, Randy, IHMS, JimWY, Greggie, Dean, Tex, CMR, JV, Squirrel, Ground, Alec, 404, 1917, JDWin, Johnny, pans, RonL, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight
Wake Forest fan Mayor, we're fortunate to have some really good teaching Hospitals here in NC, I try not to discriminate too badly.

On the fusing front, my neck surgery left a titanium brace with screws but they use a slurry of my own bone and something else to "cement" it it also, over about a year and a half the bone etc. grows solid. I believe it was about 18 months when they declared it fully healed. Don't know for sure if that applies in the case mentioned here.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:52 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
out the door in a bit for a blood letting and water test.Its a dark morning in the Valley,cool & cloudy but no chance of rain.

After the testing I'll go down the road to find out what's happening with my CPAP supplies.They were having trouble getting info from my Dr.,whose office is across the street. May have to get personally involved.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:56 AM
Carrij
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another range day today. Shot pistol Monday and Tuesday. Today the.410 gets a workout at skeet. Already 80 degrees out with air you can wear. Cold front is supposed to come through tomorrow it will only get to the mid 70s for a couple days before going back to the 80s. Im out of here for now.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:24 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

Was the '21 Bridges' movie good?
W/o giving it away its a typical beeg city choot-em up. It was lacking empties ringing on ceement & azfault now that I recontemplate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrij View Post
Another range day today. Shot pistol Monday and Tuesday. Today the.410 gets a workout at skeet. Already 80 degrees out with air you can wear. Cold front is supposed to come through tomorrow it will only get to the mid 70s for a couple days before going back to the 80s. Im out of here for now.
Heat wave! No wonder the glaciers are dying!
Some dissing of the 410 in the Shotgun Forum if you want to have some extra fun.

Dunno how long it took for my 21 yr old tip n fib to fuse but there's no longer any metal init per my osteomyelitis likes to flourish on metal hence the plate added later removed. No biggie as I have more metals in muscles to spare elsewhere.

Deer & fox tracks in the front yard but no action in the killing zone. Methinks Briar Fox is a male looking to make kits.

2˚F
Old 02-19-2020, 08:43 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ETA- cutting arrow shafts for arrowhead mounts perfectly is necessary for tight groups lest one likes shooting around trees when hunting.

Al the arrow spinner
Old 02-19-2020, 09:08 AM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Why is it my fault Al?

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2020, 09:10 AM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
I ordered some arrows on Sunday from Amazon and they came today. My friend is going to help me cut them and glue the tip inserts in tomorrow. I also ordered a truglo release, the trigger pull is horrible until it gets a load on it and then it is nice. I installed this jet pump and tank today in between a different service call.
Nice work, M92.

What kind of bow are you shooting?
Closed Thread