Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2020, 03:20 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

a good trick for laying salt in winter I came up with is get one of the plastic scotts drop spreaders and cut every other tooth off of the auger. deposits the salt nice and even and cheap use less salt because of uniform spread.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:26 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
People like Delong are why I have a nice color laser printer for eight bucks from a thrift store.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:30 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bacon is on the stove top. Going to make waffles for dinner.

Adulting is hard.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Dlong epson eco is the best.

Sent from my LM-X220 using Tapatalk
If your hindsight was any better your name wouldn't be Splatz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Sorry about that Al, but we needed that!!!

R
Better the Bruins than the ones 1 point behind em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Went to Home Depot and got some lime and the Scott’s 3 in 1 lawn stuff. Also stopped at the bird store and got another seed cylinder. Limed the lawn. My arms are tired as my battery powered spreader wouldn’t spread the heavy lime pellets. So I had to spread manually. That sucked. Wife is out buying something at the mall, I wasn’t paying attention.
I tossed my batt powered hand spreader and use the Manuel one.
My cheap wifi Epson do-it-all is still working after 3 years with usage approx. 2X per year. Knock on plastic and yay for ConsumersReports.

Good lousy range report Sails.

Bummer on the stock Szumi. Heat and a razor blade is what I read for the CZ pads.

I shoulda messed with treating a bore vs being treated to a lackluster Wings performance. They deserve to wither on the NHL vine. Sour grapes!

Carwash is a rip. When the rear wheels hit the lil curb into the stall entrance the water bottom blaster quits. Chintzy amount of soap dispensed and the rinse begins before it can soak lest someone be waiting behind for 15 seconds; no power blasting of the rear wheels n rockers on back. Last time I chewed out the owner for pizz poor performance she pleaded ignorance as her heiny was in Florida for the winter. poor baby.

Temp skyrocketed to 19˚F hence the trip to the carwash w/o frozen soap bubbles on the truck.

Dibs on Last tomorrow a.m. @ 11.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:00 PM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
That I know of our girls never went against 'MOM'.
I do however have no doubts about where I am on the totem pole at my house!!
My forte is conditional love - I know what I gotta bring to the table to get above the cats on the totem pole. Snacks and cash prizes never fail.

If you need to delete all signs of your post, LMK. If your daughter need it deleted we can bribe her.

Thanks for that, Mike. It's good to have friends.

I've always wished that daughter and Mom had a better relationship. Perhaps someday??
Old 02-15-2020, 04:13 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
People like Delong are why I have a nice color laser printer for eight bucks from a thrift store.
Not really, as my old printer is going in the trash.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:24 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Actually I just listed it on our town website for free. Maybe if someone has a 5 year old in the house they can troubleshoot it. No way am I spending an hour on the phone with some tech support in India trying to fix it.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:28 PM
Wayne Sihler

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Another 2 wagon loads of woodcut&hauled in this afternoon.That finishes up all the downed trees in the bottom.Several dead trees on the hill side,,they can wait.

Son showed up when I brought the last load to his house. He was at his sisters getting the gen-set she replaced due to a fried regulator card.Used the Kubota to lift off trailer,it was almost too heavy...had son stand on drawbar to balance load.Placed it at an out of the way area ,until needed.

I'm done for the day....
Old 02-15-2020, 04:36 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
Actually I just listed it on our town website for free. Maybe if someone has a 5 year old in the house they can troubleshoot it. No way am I spending an hour on the phone with some tech support in India trying to fix it.
actually did you try puting the originals back in and then try the replacements.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:39 PM
jnyork

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
I

Carwash is a rip. When the rear wheels hit the lil curb into the stall entrance the water bottom blaster quits. Chintzy amount of soap dispensed and the rinse begins before it can soak lest someone be waiting behind for 15 seconds; no power blasting of the rear wheels n rockers on back. Last time I chewed out the owner for pizz poor performance she pleaded ignorance as her heiny was in Florida for the winter. poor baby.

Dang automatic car washes are a coin toss whether or not they're any good, when you find a good one stay with 'em. I do my own whenever possible.

Kinda cool to be washing your rig, aint it?
Old 02-15-2020, 04:52 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
actually did you try puting the originals back in and then try the replacements.
The cartidge carrier would slide to the left from under the plastic making changing cartridges impossible. Played with it for an hour. Plug , unplug, reset, no soap. Can't put a price on agrivation.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:32 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Kinda cool to be washing your rig, aint it?
10˚ is the cutoff per frozen windows and mirrors.

According to the tracks one pint size bunny to go, that I just saw headed for TNWWTTMC's backyard bushes and feeder droppings. shick shick
Old 02-15-2020, 06:04 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Well, that's a bummer about the spring, sails. However, a good smith should be able to fabricate one if you have all of it or possibly make one of the other variants work. Another option might be to see if the gunsmithing school in Trinidad, CO would help you out by taking it on as a 'project' for one of their students. Idle thots. But first, check w/Jeff Lee in Irving, TX. Lee's Gun Parts. He may well have what you need or know who does or that can fixit for you. Worth a shot anyway, eh?
--

I've remained inside today and can't tell that I'm any worse. Saw zero reason to push it. Winds from the south now. Tomorrow will be ten degrees warmer. I did get a nap in and am running a low grade fever w/a throat that isn't quite sore, but that I'm aware of and a bit hoarsely for validation. Still just coffee, tea, and water + the OTC soft gels. And none of it as appealing as a tumbler of good whiskey, but I need to kick this stuff and they don't mix. Contraindications, ya know. No point in pushing that either.

Hope you get some better rest, Szumi and that you are improving as well, Mr. York. Some of this old junk going around is just plain nasty. I'll probably get a sore throat out of mine before its over. Just whot it is. And I'm not waffling on the alcohol until its gone. Then I might give it a salute or not.
Old 02-15-2020, 06:22 PM
mikeypizano

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did a thing...

Old 02-15-2020, 06:44 PM
62Ranger13

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wrens?
In the middle of February in Missouri?!
Apparently so, but these must be Winter Wrens according to my Cornell search. Ive never seen Winter Wrens here before. Three loquacious newcomers at the barn today; scolding and carrying on, most likely at the barn cat. Overhead, hundreds and hundreds of geese flying in formation. That, Id expect. And between the expected and the unexpected, I enjoyed them all.
Closed Thread