The Watering Hole 11-22-2021 - Page 19 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 12:25 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Just about to head over to Mom's house to eat with most of my family! The ones not there this afternoon will be there later.

So far the menu is turkey, my mom's stuffing (beef, pork, eggs, chopped olives, seasoned bread crumbs and mom magic!), gravy, mashed taters, string bean casserole, assorted veggies like carrots, asparagus, broccoli etc., shrimp cocktail, pickled peppers from my garden, antipasto, squash pie, homemade apple pie, and more than likely a whole lot of other stuff folks will bring!

Serious diet cheating will ensue! I'm putting on my comfy pants!

Y'all have a great day!

R
Old 11-25-2021, 12:36 PM
Gobblerk5
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I just assisted bride's 93+ yr old grandparents out vehicle and into the inlaws house...

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2021, 01:37 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
When Prius first populated the So Cal freeways with the car pool lane, seemingly too many Prius were trying to maximize their fuel mileage while traveling in the car pool lane, thus traveling much slower than the both flow of traffic and the posted speed limit. Certainly not a positive way to promote the advantages of a particular vehicle nor successfully soliciting the love and admiration from other folks also using the freeway system.
I think people were looking at the computer more than the road. On a highway Iíll cruise around 70mph comfortably and get close to 50mpg. If I put in power mode the mileage drops of course. Iím not looking for any speeding tickets.
......Tom Petty
Old 11-25-2021, 02:20 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well fed black Tubby is huge!

I forgot KoolWhip or ice cream for the pumpkin pie? bad Al

Mini charger for the very small 12v batts was pretty warm so I let it cool for 1/2hr while I poodled around shoveling snow, filling feeder, glueing some styrofoam to a ductwork's 90˚ edge where I've rapped my head several times in the past playing with the the furnace's waterpad humidifier, etc., before plugging it back in. Every time I've checked the noggin for blood after bonking myself while asterisking at volume!!

Alexander Dumbazz drooling watching Mecum Auctions.
Old 11-25-2021, 03:36 PM
GreggieBoy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Getting ready to head out to pick up one of the daughter's. We should be eating around 5 pm today. Looking forward to having all the kids under our roof.

Wishing everyone all the best.

Cheers
Old 11-25-2021, 04:11 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Thanks for the feedback, Gerald!

Have mostly just been puttering about inside much of the day and staying out of the bride's way. I've loaded a flat of 1 oz # 8 trap loads on a single stage MEC 600 Jr. and almost finished another of lower velocity 24 gram # 8.5's for skeet, all in once and done European hulls.

Cowbot's game should be a good one this afternoon. Grandson is coming over to watch it and eat w/us. Not sure of the bride's time frame on the food, but she has monster roast going in a large Dutch oven. The onions and carrots are already in, but the taters are still like brides' maids in waiting. Its going to be a really tasty traditional Sunday dinner kind of meal today and it suits me just fine. We'll get some roast beef sandwiches from it afterwards, since I figure the three of us will be incapable of eating more than half of it today. It would easily serve 8 persons. I'd bought it in the summer when I thot we gonna be doing just that, for a dinner that didn't happen, as it turned out.

Back later.. or not.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:25 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Post-prandial waddle around the lighthouse at Beavertail this afternoon. Temps around 50, light fantastic, not many peoples. Perfect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _SCB4497_resize.jpg (102.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg _SCB4483_resize.jpg (149.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _SCB4484_resize.jpg (100.7 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _SCB4491_resize.jpg (165.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _SCB4492_resize.jpg (174.4 KB, 11 views)

Old 11-25-2021, 06:05 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I muffed up buying bacon bits and got smokey ones that the Finn used in the greens beans that weren't that great but edible. We threw the unused bits we would use in our salads into the round file. They shmelt like the insides of someone else's old boots. Don't ask Splatz.
Dinner was otherwise great and the pie ok fine w/o whipped cream.

Garbage nite and I had to take a couple swipes up n down the drive with the snowblower for the first time this season to drag the two 96gal bins to the street. We never realized how much paper we used until we saved it for y'all.
Didn't breathe thru my mouth and wimpy self got brain freeze @ 18˚.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:24 PM
Shorty123

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Nice pictures. Something mystic about light houses.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:58 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanksgiving Dinner was Grand.

We et. Then I et some mo.

Full

Saint's play tonight. I don't think I'm going to make it through the game.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:02 PM
Rosscoe

TPC Rating: 
100% (38)
We're doing a boneless roast this eve. , Just the two of us..................

Beautiful pics Sail. My wife loves Light Houses & covered bridges.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:21 PM
wrwindsor
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Christmas eve 2009, I was driving my hot new GF and her 11yo child up to my mother's place for the holiday in my '87 4Runner. (side note: still have that ladyfriend, now she's my hot wife.)

Anyway, we got north of I-40 on US75 heading up towards Tulsa and hit blizzard white-out conditions. I chunked the transfer case into 4H and kept on truckin'. I cracked the driver side window and just tracked the grass line in the median so that I would stay on the hard-top.

We got to Tulsa and my then GF was stressing out so much we decided to just get a hotel room in town. We got on I-44 and was heading over to the hotel area when we came upon a Prius that was having a very difficult time. He'd get started up the hill and just not make it, could have been TC issues, could have been bald-ish tires, dunno. He backed down next to us and had us roll down a window -- "Can you give me a push?"

This was a 1st-gen Prius with the glass mini-panel on the rear. "um, no, sorry, not equipped to do that."

We kept on cruising up on I-44 and saw a cop parked in the middle of the freeway with flashing lights. We pulled up slow next to it and stopped to see how/if/when we could proceed. Up in front of the cop was a Mitsu sports car with low clearance and low-tread tires. He'd back out of the ditch, wiggle the car to get the nose pointed uphill, give it a whole lotta gas and the car would just veer slowly off and nose into the ditch again.

After watching a few cycles of that, we proceeded around it right as the nose went into the ditch again.

I still have that 4Runner.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:57 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I'm extremely thankful that I came upon this scene...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1070 (2) dock scene 105.jpg (241.9 KB, 9 views)

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 11-25-2021, 08:59 PM
Gobblerk5
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I bet that family would like that pic as a memory keepsake...

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2021, 09:08 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good dinner and conversation at my sister and bil's house. I et in moderation, tomorrow the scales will tell me how moderate.

Snowing with ice covered roads.

Nice family photo, dad gave up his coat for mamma. I'm sure they would like that picture.

Canceled my air pistol order, built the same order with a few additional items like a red dot sight and pressure regulator, if the forecast is correct it should show up next month on my birthday.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Closed Thread