10/22 Carbine scopes - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:01 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Most folks arenít, but Iím a big fan of Bushnell (made in Korea) scopes.
Iíve never had one that wasnít a good one.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:31 PM
Woodeneye2020

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Doug, you are right about that Bushnell 3.5-10, I have been super happy with that model. It is very clear and crisp (especially with old eyes)
Old 11-19-2021, 08:29 PM
Trhammer
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've got both Leopold and Vortex. IMO Leopold glass is slightly better but comes at the higher price.

Leopold is made in the US. Vortex is made in several countries to include China.

Both have lifetime warranty. So depends on what you want. For one scope, i have a Vortex with lighted reticle and first focal plane FFP. A similar Leopold would be significantly more expensive. After shooting on a Vortex for an hour or so and then switching to Leopold, i can immediately see the improvement in the glass.

If you've never shot with a FFP, i highly suggest it! problem is more companies make their FFPs only on their more expensive scopes thinking it's a serious shooter that wants and is putting on a serious rifle. so get that FFP whenever able - totally worth it!
Old 11-20-2021, 10:21 AM
bob hardy
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a Bushnell Nitro 6x24/50 a few months ago, and put it on my Ruger 10/22T. It is a fabulous scope, and the scope was on sale at less than $300. I've been using Mueller scopes with great results. You may want to check their website.
Bob
Old 11-20-2021, 10:46 AM
NWFRS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I standardized on the previous generation of Leupold rimfire and centerfire scopes. Now I just keep an eye peeled for them on gunbroker. How the scope looks on the rifle, and how the aesthetic makes us feel is just as important as performance in my book. I personally canít tell much difference in optical clarity between scopes within the same price range. I love the FX-I 4x28mm for its small size, excellent eye relief, and fine reticle. The VX-I 2-7x28mm is a close second for me. Mine are all matte, but I think they were available in gloss as well.

Absolutely love those old glossy Redfields too, although I only owned one, years ago, on a little Mini-14 ranch rifle. I wouldnít hesitate to pick up another for older projects.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:03 PM
50Shifty
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
The problem is that most of the lower price scopes, even the lower power versions, are made in China. As mentioned above, your best choice for a smaller, excellent quality 3-9X scope, and MADE in JAPAN, is the Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32 AO at $220. (And Clearidge is an RFC sponsor.) The icing on the cake is the choice of a Gloss finish. The downside (temporary, one can hope) is that the Silver version is the only one currently available. They do show up in the RFC Trading Post occasionally as well.

Doug

EDIT: It occurs to me that there may be another good choice (though not in Gloss) and that would be the Bushnell 3.5-10x36 AO Scope (Fine Duplex). I believe that most of this model are made in Korea (mine is). And they may be more readily available.
Are you talking about the Prime or the A17 or are they the same scope seems like there is one more but can't remember right now.
Old 11-24-2021, 05:56 PM
milsurp_man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
Most folks aren’t, but I’m a big fan of Bushnell (made in Korea) scopes.
I’ve never had one that wasn’t a good one.
I'm a fan of the Japanese Bushnell's made by Baush & Lomb. Have a half dozen or so. Haven't had a Korean but I like the vintage Japanese.

Last edited by milsurp_man; 11-24-2021 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-24-2021, 05:58 PM
milsurp_man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
The problem is that most of the lower price scopes, even the lower power versions, are made in China. As mentioned above, your best choice for a smaller, excellent quality 3-9X scope, and MADE in JAPAN, is the Clearidge Ultra RM 3-9x32 AO at $220. (And Clearidge is an RFC sponsor.) The icing on the cake is the choice of a Gloss finish. The downside (temporary, one can hope) is that the Silver version is the only one currently available. They do show up in the RFC Trading Post occasionally as well.

Doug

EDIT: It occurs to me that there may be another good choice (though not in Gloss) and that would be the Bushnell 3.5-10x36 AO Scope (Fine Duplex). I believe that most of this model are made in Korea (mine is). And they may be more readily available.
I contacted them. They hope to be back in stock spring of '22. I have my eye on them even if not for this application.
Old 11-24-2021, 06:07 PM
milsurp_man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWFRS View Post
I standardized on the previous generation of Leupold rimfire and centerfire scopes. Now I just keep an eye peeled for them on gunbroker. How the scope looks on the rifle, and how the aesthetic makes us feel is just as important as performance in my book. I personally can’t tell much difference in optical clarity between scopes within the same price range. I love the FX-I 4x28mm for its small size, excellent eye relief, and fine reticle. The VX-I 2-7x28mm is a close second for me. Mine are all matte, but I think they were available in gloss as well.

Absolutely love those old glossy Redfields too, although I only owned one, years ago, on a little Mini-14 ranch rifle. I wouldn’t hesitate to pick up another for older projects.
I just bought a pre '74 Leupold M8 4x. I have plans for it on my 1973 Winchester 9422M. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm hopeful.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:54 PM
dwarren
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would go with Athlon or Vortex for a 22 lr.
Just my opinion.
Old 11-25-2021, 09:25 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by milsurp_man View Post
I'm a fan of the Japanese Bushnell's made by Baush & Lomb. Have a half dozen or so. Haven't had a Korean but I like the vintage Japanese.
Just guessing but Iíd guess that Korean is probably better quality than Chinese.
And yes, Japanese optics are usually very high quality.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:09 AM
50Shifty
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Anyone tried the Sightron SI Rimfire 3-9x 32 ?

I have a Bushnell 1.5-4.5 x 32 on my 10/22, i reset the parallax to 40 yds , works for me . I hunt squirrels with it made a 60 yd shot the other day ,squirrel on the ground heavy quartering away to the left aimed at the neck left side hit just into the left front leg pit .

Last edited by 50Shifty; 11-26-2021 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:36 AM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Optics Planet has an 11% discount code BLKF.
This one may be gloss.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold...fle-scope.html

Last edited by JTJ; 11-26-2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:48 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (284)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Optics Planet has an 11% discount code BLKF.
This one may be gloss.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold...fle-scope.html
Some of the pics show a gloss finish, others a matte finish. The color is simply stated as "Black" -- which of course applies to both Gloss and Matte finishes. Given the rarity of new Gloss scopes these days, especially from Leupold, I'd bet you would receive a Matte finish scope if you were to order that one from Optics Planet.

Doug
Old Yesterday, 12:34 PM
Alan Copeland

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have a Bushnell 4-14x40 on my Target Model 10/22. it's overkill, but I got it on sale for cheap.