Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Just scored a 1962 off Gunbroker

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  *Doc Holliday 
#1 ·
Well, just got my first model 41 on Gunbroker, as everyone probably knows anytime Gunbroker is involved a premium price is paid and I can say without a doubt I paid a premium price for it but I’m happy and I guess that’s what counts. I’ll post pictures when it shows up. Looking at the pictures it looks like it spent most of its life well cared for in the safe. I found a 5.5” barrel for it on Numrichs web site. Not sure if I’ll buy it from them or not. I also know nothing of the handgun so it’s a learning experience for me.
Thanks
Pat

#2 · (Edited)
Congrats!!:bthumb:
Everyone says the older guns are better.
Fun
Can't wait to see pics of your new Model 41 and a range report!

Your going to like your new pistol! I can't believe how nice the trigger is in mine. Great to shoot and accurate!

I have been struggling to obtain some SV ammo for mine.

Enjoy!

#5 ·
Congratulations, I hope it treats you well!

Just today I purchased a model 41 manufactured in 1967 that should arrive in a couple of days.

And like you, this is my first S&W 41, a 5.5" barrel model, and since it's an early example I've already been exploring the options for a newer barrel that's drilled and tapped for an optics rail, as I'm finding myself relying on optics for a clear sight picture, though I can't seem to decide if I want to go up to the 7" length or not. I also like to shoot suppressed .22's, so I'm also tossing around the idea of either a 5.5" or 6.5" threaded Clark STC barrel.

This pistol is also arriving with anatomical grips, which although in great shape their size is an unknown, so there's a distinct possibility that I'll be looking for grips as well. I've looked into all the usual suspects such as Hogue, Altamont, etc., but nothing really stands out to me, so I guess I'll cross that bridge if and when I get to it!

Please be sure to post up some images of your new to you model 41, and I'll try to do the same :)

#7 ·
" . . . This pistol is also arriving with anatomical grips, which although in great shape their size is an unknown, so there's a distinct possibility that I'll be looking for grips as well. I've looked into all the usual suspects such as Hogue, Altamont, etc., but nothing really stands out to me, so I guess I'll cross that bridge if and when I get to it! . . . "

Drew:

Take a look at these:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/888547809

#8 ·
All I can say is...oh boy, I've seen the Nills grips like those and they sure are handsome, but I'm kind of up in the air about ambidextrous grips. I've seen where some folks have sanded down the opposite side thumbrest and refinished them, but at over $200 as is that seems like a lot of trouble to go through! So I guess I'll keep on looking.

Thanks for the link :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.