Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:11 AM
VertFish
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (53)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAGE!!!

The best benefit of being a member of RFC has been the friendship that I have developed with John D of southern Oregon. Today is his birthday and I want to wish him the happiest of all birthdays. I "met" John back in 2014 when my Kimber collection consisted of an 82-C Classic and an S gun. I sent him a p.m. with a Kimber question and he answered it immediately. Since that day, he has answered several thousand other of my questions, sent me several hundred pictures, fronted me thousands of dollars to buy and look at local rifles and was an integral part of a hilarious New Year's Eve ruse I foisted on my girlfriend. We have hunted squirrels of various species in three different states and crossed the Cascade mountains at least 10 times chasing sagerats in the Klamath Valley. Through him, I have met some real Kimber Characters, to say the least. While we have spent quite a bit of time shooting together at my Indiana range, the best shooting has always been in the alfalfa fields of Oregon. I can not count the number of times we have broke out laughing hysterically while dispatching alfalfa weasels.

Happy Brthday John!
Old 10-27-2020, 10:57 AM
SageRat22

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Thanks Mike, you are the best. Meeting you and the fun we've had is one of the great benefits of collecting these cool little guns. And the conversations, "just because" are always fun. Sadly, I should be there right now, but this covid deal fouled that up. Hopefully this spring we can terrorize the sagerats and whack a few rock chucks too.
Old 10-27-2020, 12:06 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Happy Birthday Sir!!! Hope you enjoy your day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2020, 12:08 PM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (260)
Happy Birthday, indeed, John. You've answered a few of my Kimber queries over the years as well. And, Mike, you are a piece of work! I've truly enjoyed our many conversations -- and even your ribbing. I envy you guys with those "alfalfa weasel" adventures -- nothing even close to that around here.

One of the great things about RFC is that it offers so many opportunities, not just for information, but more importantly, for new friendships. I have found many new friends here, from all over the country and even Australia. Several I have had the pleasure of meeting and some spending many days shooting together -- rifles and the other stuff.

Happy Birthday again, John. My best wishes for many more.

Doug
Old 10-27-2020, 02:40 PM
leenie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
happy birthday sage did your cows bake you a cake or just more cow pies.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:23 PM
SageRat22

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Thanks Doug, you are right, he’s definitely a piece of work.
And Leenie, just more pies.😂
Old 10-27-2020, 03:42 PM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
Once upon a time I found a source for a rare Remington 40X sporter magazine. Then I thought about who could use such a rare mag. Well I had noticed that member Vertfish owned a 40X sporter so I sent him a PM. He grabbed the magazine. After a phone call or two he felt sorry for me because I didn't have a 40X sporter so he invited me to go to the alfalfa fields in Oregon to hunt sage rats. He said another RFC member would also be there hunting. Claimed he was a nice guy, great shot, and could answer most any question about Kimber rimfires. When I arrived at the fields there sat Sagerat looking out over the field with a Kimber 17HM2 and dead sagerats scattered out for 150 yards in front of his chair. And he did turn out to be a nice guy and Kimber expert. Met him again at a Kimber get together at Dennis the Stock Doctors place. Sage BBQ'd some beef that was probably the best I have had!! Since then I have had the privilege of getting many Kimber questions answered, seeing pictures of Sage covered in mud and dung after a rodeo in his cow corral, and helping him with some parts so his grandson could keep an old Remington 511 up and running to rid the garden of digger squirrels.
Happy birthday Sage!!!! Hope to see you and Vertfish in the alfalfa again soon!
Old 10-27-2020, 04:21 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Happy Birthday Sir, I've never met you but have a friend who thinks highly of Vertfish and you and that's good enough for me. Have a great day.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:48 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Happy birthday Sage! I no longer own a Kimber rimfire, but still enjoy reading about them.
Old 10-28-2020, 11:31 AM
SageRat22

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts. RFC is the class of online forums and you all proved it.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:00 PM
leenie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
what do you get when you have a rancher, a lawyer, a watch guy on the east coast and I don't know what doug or hushkaboom does but they show us some very nice kimbers. a little slice of gun heaven. plus you guys seem to have a cents of humor
Old 10-28-2020, 12:20 PM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This is a pretty special place to hang out. I belong to several gun forums, but this is the pick of the litter!
Old 10-28-2020, 03:31 PM
Tgilmer

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Happy Birthday John!!

One of my favorite parts of the gun buying affliction is all the friends I've made along the way. Sage being one of them. It is my pleasure to have gotten to know him. And I can say he is great company. Happy birthday John!!
Old 10-28-2020, 07:06 PM
72coupe
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Happy Birthday. I have enjoyed your writings over the years.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:53 PM
TimHa

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Happy birthday

Really enjoy your essays on Kimbers, not to mention the pictures, hope you had a happy birthday, I look forward to another Kimber cook out, only if you are cooking.