Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 03:50 PM
RonL
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

In! 22° when I got up at 7am this morning. Leaves coming down hard.
Sorry about no elk Sophia. That's why they call it "hunting". Been there and done that. The Cascade mountains running the length of Oregon are brushy and hard to hunt mostly because they are so up and down. Very steep country. Eastern Oregon is much easier to hunt. Oh well, next year, right?
Have a ghoulish week everyone. Ron
Old 10-25-2020, 03:55 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sophia is going to kill me but couldn't resist.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:57 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Thanks for the tip W8LON. They take pills that kill fleas and ticks when bit but I don't like seeing them bail off in the house. TSC in the morn. I found ticks on them all winter last year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2020, 05:05 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by W8LON View Post
I use Bronco Horse and Stable spray on my Brittany’s to keep the ticks at bay. A 32oz spray bottle from TSC runs around $7 and is approved for adult dogs. Also spray on my hunting clothes allowing them to dry outside for a few hours before wearing. Permethrin knocks the ticks dead and you’ll find them dead in your cuffs. Just must the dogs down every couple weeks and no ticks or fleas.

Have Lymes myself and don’t want the dogs to get it too!

I started using Permethrin on clothing, socks, shoes and hats about 15 years ago, wet 'em down good and then let them dry before wearing. Lasts about 6 weeks on clothing even with a washing or two. In doubt, hit 'em again, pretty inexpensive. Undress in the garage when I get home, leave clothing out there.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:17 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
Thanks for the tip W8LON. They take pills that kill fleas and ticks when bit but I don't like seeing them bail off in the house. TSC in the morn. I found ticks on them all winter last year.
This is the stuff I’ve been using for about six years. Didn’t kill a four pound Chihuahua that got the fleas bad when visiting gramma!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1603660588523.jpg (374.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-25-2020, 06:15 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W8LON View Post
I use Bronco Horse and Stable spray on my Brittany’s to keep the ticks at bay. A 32oz spray bottle from TSC runs around $7 and is approved for adult dogs. Also spray on my hunting clothes allowing them to dry outside for a few hours before wearing. Permethrin knocks the ticks dead and you’ll find them dead in your cuffs. Just must the dogs down every couple weeks and no ticks or fleas.

Have Lymes myself and don’t want the dogs to get it too!

I started using Permethrin on clothing, socks, shoes and hats about 15 years ago, wet 'em down good and then let them dry before wearing. Lasts about 6 weeks on clothing even with a washing or two. In doubt, hit 'em again, pretty inexpensive. Undress in the garage when I get home, leave clothing out there.
Last year the vet clinic here in town had 168 positive cases of Lymes in dogs tested. Nothing to mess with in humans or pets. I’ve lost friends to Lymes that were early cases, and misdiagnosed.
I insisted on getting on the treatment within three days of being bitten. I woke up with a spiked fever of 106 and a hot red spot on my butt cheek. Examined and fever had went down the ER Doc said no worries without the ring. They were wrong!

Tested positive on every test in past four years and have had a few rounds of Doxycycline since. Funny how every tick since always finds the same spot to attach to.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:01 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Good shooting & report, TD.
--

I made the correct decision to stay in today; high RH turned to mist & wet shortly after my last post. Drippy wet now. Watched some very good IndyCar & Moto GP on the telly while NASCAR sat in the wet not that far from here after 51 laps and is still doing so, I think.
--

I'd forgotten about that one, AZ. It did make me laugh. Thanks!

Eat your vegetables! Many of us has heard it, but not at the expense of red meat.. or chicken, fish, crustaceans, shellfish .. and pork, if allowed. As Brother Dave Gardner said, 'Man cannot live by bread alone; he must have peanut butter." And bacon. Most anyone could have said the latter appendage .. and prolly did. BLT is still in the vernacular vocabulary, yano. That's a good thing, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:00 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
See where the cowbots are an on-gong train wreck. Not watching any of that football junk any longer personally, but did see the outcome posted. Pathetic, just pathetic. Was a time.. when it was vastly dif. And it honestly was.
--

Just hang in and continue to do the right thing, dlong. You'll be fine in spite of having no good deed go unpunished and your conscience will be perfectly clean. We know you are a very decent sorta person and so do a lot of others, whether or not they ever say so or not.

Set this fine young man up w/a drink of his choice, would ya, Al? Its why ya call places like this 'speak easy's'. We can talk openly & w/impunity. Of course the world can peer in anytime it wishes to, but its always been that way, if we are honest about it. Such is the nature of bars, virtual or otherwise.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:44 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Sorry to hear that Al. Was he otherwise healthy?
R
No idea R as I didn't know him well. I didn't know he died till I saw the obits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post

So who do you think will win this afternoon, Al?
Mother nature?

Good on ya Dave.

Good range and RO'ing report TD.

Good Lyme's likes hot cheeks report Lon. My fox n coyote stuffer almost died cause his doc said it wasn't Lyme's. He finally got checked elsewhere where they found out and began treatment. You're the 3rd or 4th person to tell me such. What is it with docs being afraid to test for it, especially up here?

Packers put em away correctly today.

1/2'+ of white stuff so far. Renters across the street parked a fancy Triton bass boat next to the garage, right where their plow guy shoves the snow. This batch of renters are gonna be entertaining for sure.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:56 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
How many of you old geezers check the obituary every morning to make sure you're not in it?

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2020, 09:09 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye57 View Post
Sorry about your friend Al.

Numbers getting out of control here also, but no one seems to care about it.
Al very sorry to hear about your friend.

On the Crud front, my brother in the UK is "getting tired" of taking precautions. I asked him how much more tired he would feel in a hospital bed unable to breathe and was told that was a "silly" thing to say. (words changed to protect my account)

Let's just put it this way - I prefer him with 3,500 miles between us....

Old 10-25-2020, 09:19 PM
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sorry about your friend, Al.

≡✪≡
Old 10-25-2020, 09:21 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Al very sorry to hear about your friend.

On the Crud front, my brother in the UK is "getting tired" of taking precautions. I asked him how much more tired he would feel in a hospital bed unable to breathe and was told that was a "silly" thing to say. (words changed to protect my account)

Let's just put it this way - I prefer him with 3,500 miles between us....
I feel the same way about my brothers.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2020, 09:47 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks again guys.
We went to visit my FIL today he gave me some old power tools for my garage.
Good pcc report TD1.
Sorry about your friend AL.

Last edited by M92pv4u; 10-25-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 09:50 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Sorry about your friend Al.

CBug numbers going way up here also. I think the positivity numbers are around 7.5 to 8%. County HD graph is not well defined and dates on the graph don't align with the dots above. Main County HD dashboard page doesn't give the date of last update, and is not updated timely at 3:00 p.m. as they state it it will be. State and county numbers don't jive and many sources are days apart and behind in their most recent updates. It's like comparing a number of variety of apples to a variety of oranges. I try to watch the % positive as well as new cases per million, but some places it is reported as cases per 100,000, so then you need to do math.

Lots of staying safe fatigue going on in the area. I myself don't see the sense in giving up taking precautions as I've done it this long. Don't share the air is my new motto.

Hair is getting longer, but the beard is somewhat self trimmed.
Wolfe Van Winkle