Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

In!

Happy Anniversary M92. Hope that you and Mrs. M92 do something special and are able to celebrate the occasion many more times.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:13 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Too cold!

We went down to the (south) park yesterday, we saw 2 eagles there.
No-seeum for several months. An adult and a juvenile delinquent The eagles like to hang out in the (north) park where we often go. It was a treat to see 'em returning...

A banner tower Super Cub did a fine job of getting a huge banner (vote for XXX in 2020) aloft, also boats with the same message

Hazy day, not good for pictures...

Last edited by COW 54; 10-31-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:19 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I wish. Too often nowadays "horror" is interpreted as "gore." Don't want gore... want spine-tingling scares! The Exorcist was good for that. That moment when the demon's voice comes from the little girl sent shivers!
My exact feelings on the matter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsquirrel View Post
In and happy to report the pup jumped up without a limp today.
That is really good to hear!

R

Old 10-25-2020, 02:53 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same age almost classmate that went to a Catholic school died from the Bug this week past. He was a Native American USMC gunner on a chopper getting shot down once and wounded twice. What a fecal material way to check out. RIP Glen.

Bug numbers in town have exploded.
Old 10-25-2020, 02:54 PM
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Sorry to hear that Al. Was he otherwise healthy?

R

Last edited by Rhody; 10-25-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:07 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I'm in.

Glad to see your safe return Sophie.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:13 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
In and happy to report the pup jumped up without a limp today. One hour hunting trip at my Mother's produced 18 ticks off of the pair. She has a pine forest that they love. Small, the size of a pinhead.
I use Bronco Horse and Stable spray on my Brittany’s to keep the ticks at bay. A 32oz spray bottle from TSC runs around $7 and is approved for adult dogs. Also spray on my hunting clothes allowing them to dry outside for a few hours before wearing. Permethrin knocks the ticks dead and you’ll find them dead in your cuffs. Just must the dogs down every couple weeks and no ticks or fleas.

Have Lymes myself and don’t want the dogs to get it too!
Old 10-25-2020, 03:14 PM
Wayne Sihler
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend,Al.

Happy anniversary M92

Range trip was wet & cold. #1 45-70 right on target. Mossy 308 continues to confound. New load with 165g bullet hit dead center @100yds for first shot, rest in about a 2" group.Old 150g load was in the black,2nd round 4" to the left, other 3 back with the first one..
Too windy and my fingers getting cold,455V did not produce any fridge worthy groups.

Came home and went to bottom to pull game camera, drug some brush down the hill on my way, heard noise,Blue Heroun spooked by the 4 wild turkeys that were running by.Focused on removing camera ,only to have 2 Deer run by.

Checked photos (31) mostly Deer (does & fawn) But did have several pic of a nice 8 pt Buck. May just hunt from home this year.....
Old 10-25-2020, 03:16 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Same age almost classmate that went to a Catholic school died from the Bug this week past. He was a Native American USMC gunner on a chopper getting shot down once and wounded twice. What a fecal material way to check out. RIP Glen.

I noticed that the UP is showing a lot of covid in many counties. I'd have thought most of the UP would have been fairly safe but I guess not. Did downstate flee up there and bring it? My area is still looking good.

Very sad news about your friend Glen.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:16 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
In and happy to report the pup jumped up without a limp today.
Glad to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post

Sorry about your friend Al.

Numbers getting out of control here also, but no one seems to care about it.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sorry about your friend Al, the way it’s looking up here everyone will know someone effected by this plague. Iron, Dickinson, Menominee and Delta counties have far surpassed case per million of the lower counties. They don’t seem to care about wearing masks in this area at all!

Dunham’s in Iron Mountain apparently was closed down yesterday for a thorough scrub. Could be the manager that didn’t believe in masks.

Son working in the grocery store just wears a clear deflector. Harped on him all last week with my bottle of alcohol in car to wash hands before touching mask. Very high risk occupation clearing jammed soda and beer return machines.

It’s everywhere here!
Old 10-25-2020, 03:37 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
I noticed that the UP is showing a lot of covid in many counties. I'd have thought most of the UP would have been fairly safe but I guess not. Did downstate flee up there and bring it?
Tourists, NMU, prison guards, pandemic fatigue, ignorance, and plain ole disregard is to blame they say. 150+ guards tested positive of which many live in town. I know but one guard and he being young, and with kids no less, went about his business around town when he was supposed to self quarantine.
Yoopers went up 160 cases Sat. and I'm in the center of the hub. Counties next to WI are and have been bad also.

Al the geezer hermit with short hair
Old 10-25-2020, 03:37 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Cut and mowed the leaves yesterday and backyard is full again. Our leaves are just starting to fall and wii probably go on another month. Iíve been mowing the leaves for years now and I think it helps the lawn. Leaves turn to soil, right??

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1603654636
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D1D0CE76-9BEC-4F1D-A5E6-AD6DA80368DB.jpg (589.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-25-2020, 03:39 PM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
62į, near 80% RH w/drab heavy gray overcast and the promised sun hiding the other side of that thick blanket and not looking to come out at all before the day is over. Have decided to just stay in and monitor the NASCAR race once it gets under way on this not too cold, but gloomy afternoon. Wind SE 10. Have had enough of shooting in crappy light recently. May be able to shoot in the sunshine come next Thursday, but it doesn't look probable before then.

Bride & I and the cats have been entertained by the peafowl from before noon 'til just a few minutes ago. Jack is monitoring his domain in back as he is being closely watched by a lone MS-13 gang-banger making periodic pecan runs by violating his air space. Watched him make one jump that was almost a pecan too far; it was close.

Bride says we are having beef fajitas for dinner this evening; she pulled a skirt steak to thaw in the fridge yesterday afternoon. Could be a tequila sunset kinda afternoon w/o the sun, but too early to start that particular program. OTOH, a Michelada may be in order, along w/some munchies. I'm not going to mope about the lack of sun; no point in it; just can't practice as I'd wished to, that's all. Hardly world ending.

So who do you think will win this afternoon, Al? BK starts 3rd on the grid; not a bad place to start, but winning is more about being still running toward the end and staying out of the inevitable sprint to the chequered flag. Joe Gibb's guys just got the wind taken out of their sails. Apparently their spoiler(s) spoiled it for them. Some things never change. Smoky Yunick left a fine legacy, but today's guys aren't as smart on how to go about skinning that cat.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:48 PM
dlong

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
October is my favorite month. It always goes by in the blink of an eye and I never really have time to enjoy it. Work is crazy busy and weíve been overwhelmed with helping care for an elderly Aunt which is quite draining. Plus she is very combative with being cared for. She doesnít want to spend her money. I tell her thatís what itís for. When was the last time you saw a hearse towing a uhaul? Keep telling her I donít need or want her money. This our 3rd go round overseeing care for old relatives. Not fun. Most relatives run the other way and donít want to get involved. ....until the reading of the will. Cork soakers they are.

Anyway bringing up some pot roast to her and will have dinner. Plus sheís 40 minutes away.
Closed Thread