Octoberber 2020 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:40 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Octoberber 2020 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match

Getting in the short rows for 2020. Not many chances left for that 250.

And a reminder, post up any target you shoot so we can all praise you for your perseverance and improvements. Just don't forget to go back and mark your best as "Official Entry" before the end of the month.

Guidelines:

CZ or BRNO scoped sporters – less than or equal to 9.0 lbs when weighed with the magazine removed. The CZ 452, 453, 455, and 457 Varmint models should qualify unless your glass and rings are more than 2 pounds, but as far as BRNO Models 3 and 4 -- sorry guys, you'll have to step up to the 50 yard distance.

Any safe trigger. Maximum magnification of 9x on the scope. (Those with variable scopes set them to 9x or lower).

No aftermarket barrels or stocks — only CZ's original stocks and barrels. It is also prohibited to swap the stocks of different CZ models such as taking the stock from a Varmint and putting it on a Trainer. If one has damaged his/her original CZ stock, they may order the same exact factory replacement stock for their specific model. There are other BR games on RFC for dramatically altered rifles. We are trying to encourage competition with unmodified or minimally modified scoped CZ sporters. As to custom stock bedding performed on a factory stock, no compound-bedding allowed, pillared or non, and plain pillar bedding is prohibited as well.

Target is the USBR Target (The Green Monster)

22 long rifle

Fired from a benchrest using front and rear support, must be free recoiling (no gun vises), but a bi-pod is fine if the shooter prefers.

Distance to target is 25 yards

Time limit - 1 hour for unlimited sighters and the 25 rounds for score

You can shoot on an indoor range if it is your only option, but please report that fact in your post.

You can post multiple targets if each is fired with a different CZ. For example, a shooter could post one with her CZ Varmint and another with her CZ American and a third with a scoped Ultra Lux! You may shoot up to FOUR targets with EACH rifle and post the highest score fired with each one.

Post a pic of your target (required) and the equipment you used (recommended) in this thread by October 31, 2020. There will be a new match next month and every month thereafter during our shooting season of April through December.

Honor system, and we couldn't ask for a more honorable bunch.

Wind flags are fine. I usually tie a piece of bright streamer or the like to a hammered-in stake.

Use this format to post your score(s):

Official Entry
10/20/2022
250-25X
MM (Marty McFly)
CZ 462 United Ultravision 3x9x32, Flux Capacitor Extreme
Hoverboard front and rear
87* F, 8-9 mph wind, 77% humidity

How to score:

A scoring board is helpful

TARGETS?

Good question!

http://www.americantargetcompany.com...us_targets.asp

(third row down on the right)

Last edited by lasttombstone; 10-05-2020 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:57 AM
2011ERIC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does anyone sell the scoring boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2020, 09:10 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Not that I'm aware of but I've only been doing this a couple of years. They are easily made with a hole saw and a little plywood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2020, 09:33 AM
2011ERIC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
Not that I'm aware of but I've only been doing this a couple of years. They are easily made with a hole saw and a little plywood.

I just wanted to make sure I couldn’t support a side business before attempting to make one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2020, 10:22 AM
LeeJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Killough has ARA scoring board

Lee
Old 10-05-2020, 06:57 PM
Squirrelbark
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My wife is frying squirrel tomorrow. That has nothing to do with the 25 Yard Scoped CZ/Brno Match...or, does it? Going hunting tomorrow morning to hopefully add some more squirrels to the fryer. Not heating up all that oil for nothing
Old 10-06-2020, 04:17 PM
Hicksville Kid
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was reading this thread from Feb 2019 “ CZ 457 accuracy reports “ and they talked about placing a thin piece of rubber between the barrel and stock to dampen vibrations and improve accuracy. My question is: is this legal in the monthly competitions?
Old 10-06-2020, 04:54 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksville Kid View Post
I was reading this thread from Feb 2019 “ CZ 457 accuracy reports “ and they talked about placing a thin piece of rubber between the barrel and stock to dampen vibrations and improve accuracy. My question is: is this legal in the monthly competitions?
I questioned that back in 2017, and it was OK. Just nothing permanent ( no compound ) I hope it's still OK or I'm in do do again.

I mold mine out of Permatex gasket maker, but a piece of old innertube will work. Test it in increments from breech to tip, and check with the thinnest paper you can find to make sure you have contact.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:07 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I got that tip from an old geezer in the matches some time ago. Many people use it and it is perfectly legal. Hope it helps you make that 250 a reality.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:09 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hicksville and Hawkeye: I've been experimenting with different removable bedding material since I got into this Match a few years ago.
I thought of rubber, but it is too flexible and doesn't age well. It changes over time. I tried Aluminum Tape which works well for a while but again, the adhesive will change over time, especially if it gets hot.

So, ever the Science Major, I decided I needed a material that is waterproof, Heatproof, non-sticky, freezeproof and can be easily moved or removed.

I ended up cutting up a hard plastic expired insurance card (like a credit or debit card) and bedded the forward receiver and tang with it. It worked so well I did the exact same thing to my other 452. Both are still bedded with the card pieces and both still shoot the same with floated barrel. It has been three or four years now. So the stuff is holding up well.

Took all the Aluminum Tape out of my other rifles since I found this works better. Lots of stuff works when you first put it in. The trick is using something that won't change.

Whatever you use, choose a material that won't get soft in the Summer, crack in the Winter or soak up humidity and rust your rifle.

Last edited by Squirrelbark; 10-06-2020 at 06:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:15 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Official Entry

Them 250's and 249's last month must have scared everyone off.

I'll be the guinea pig.

I shot two today. best one first.

Official Entry

10/ 06 / 20
247- 8X
Hawkeye57, Ken
CZ 455 Varmint ( Cinnamon Girl ), Weaver V-24 @9X, SK +
Bald Eagle front, Protektor rear
60* sunny 10-15 mph

I shorted myself an X on the target, but it's in my header.

243-8x

Last edited by Hawkeye57; 10-29-2020 at 06:36 PM.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:49 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hawkeye, That first practice shot on the top target comes pretty close to why we do what we do
Old 10-06-2020, 07:51 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That's a good one to start off the month Ken. Should get everybody bearing down from the git go. I was beginning to wonder if I had actually posted the thread for this month or not.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:52 PM
Squirrelbark

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Went squirrel hunting this morning. Only shot three squirrels; but one of them was free-handed. I almost never take off-hand shots because I miss half the time, so I avoid them. But Danny Creasy would have been proud of me this morning.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:06 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelbark View Post
Hawkeye, That first practice shot on the top target comes pretty close to why we do what we do
If you blow that up you'll see that's a double. Made a hard act to follow.