Christensen Arms Ranger 22 lr - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-12-2020, 10:08 PM
layer3guru
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

That is correct hope to have a video for us tomorrow on it.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:58 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Picked mine up today. So far I'm diggin' the heck out of it! Shot one mag full thru it this evening to test extraction. 100% extracted just fine. Hopefully it'll cool down enuf to get out and break it in and see how it shoots soon!
Old 08-19-2020, 08:53 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Well I picked mine up the other day, its serial nbr denotes its the 341st one to be built. As mentioned, was told that the extraction issue had been taken care of. Happily, mine has ZERO issues with extraction. Took it apart and adjusted the trigger, fired some tiny little groups with it last night at 50yds. Happy Happy Happy with mine so far! May have to have one in each color!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2020, 08:46 PM
former farmer

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraz3 View Post
Took it apart and adjusted the trigger, fired some tiny little groups with it last night at 50yds. Happy Happy Happy with mine so far! May have to have one in each color!
What ammo were you using and did you measure your group sizes?
Old 08-19-2020, 09:39 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Eley Black, and it shot three shot groups (two of them) that all three shots were touching. I dont get into group measuring since I dont shoot competitively. Minute of Squirrel Head is what I'm after, and it fits that description perfectly! I dont shoot well enuf to shoot those kind of groups anyway. I'm old and have bad eyes. Shot off a picnic table with a bi-pod and rear bag, not concrete. Simple backyard plywood target backer with a target stapled to it. Only person that gets pics is a buddy of mine that shoots better'n I do
Old 08-26-2020, 01:56 PM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Figure a side note worth mentioning, just heard back from Christensen.

They have plans for both 22wmr and 17 hmr, tentatively slated for early 2021.

I'll be getting a 22 wmr as soon as they are out.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Welp, mine is going back this week...after several mags that first day with ZERO issues, I put it away and forgot about it. Nephew was over Sunday. Almost 95% FTE using several diff brands of ammo, and 3 different mags, plus it wasnt wanting to chamber rounds, and was shaving lead off the bullet.

Got me a RA nbr coming and will be shipping it back. Man I sure hope they fix it! Its as accurate as anyone could want in a lightweight hunting rifle. And I really like it...

We shall see I reckon
Old 09-08-2020, 10:51 PM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Quote:
Welp, mine is going back this week...after several mags that first day with ZERO issues, I put it away and forgot about it. Nephew was over Sunday. Almost 95% FTE using several diff brands of ammo, and 3 different mags, plus it wasnt wanting to chamber rounds, and was shaving lead off the bullet.

Got me a RA nbr coming and will be shipping it back. Man I sure hope they fix it! Its as accurate as anyone could want in a lightweight hunting rifle. And I really like it...

We shall see I reckon
Was yours a pre supposed fix of the ejector? or an original batch?
Old 09-09-2020, 09:17 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Mine was suppose to have been post-extraction issue...will post up when I know more
Old 09-23-2020, 01:03 PM
neoteny

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Mine was suppose to have been post-extraction issue...will post up when I know more
I purchased a Christensen Ranger 22 in black yesterday, its on hold until my background check clears. Just now seeing this thread. I spoke to Christensen this morning and they said all black stock units have the new extractor/bolt upgrades. Mine is 2MR002** serial.

Anyone have issues with the black stock version? Jfraz3 - is yours black? Whats the latest on the repair? I noticed you also have a Steyer Zephyr II, hows it compare?
Old 09-24-2020, 06:47 PM
neoteny

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Spoke to CA again today and got a different answer — Tan and Black versions both affected by the FTE issue. They were unable to tell me if this serial had the fix and were also unable to instruct me on how to determine if it had the updates. And for this reason I declined to purchase the Ranger 22. Going with a Tikka T1x 22lr 16” barrel for now, I’ll revisit the Ranger later.
Old 09-24-2020, 09:14 PM
James Cottrell
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to James Cottrell
For that money I would expect better reviews. I just got a Tikka T1X in 17hmr. I would not hesitate to get another in .22RF.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:14 AM
dbr65
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (260)
This was a rifle I was seriously considering, but after reading about all the issues, it's on hold, perhaps permanently. It seems in their haste to get to market, the rifle's design (and it sounds good), testing of that design, and QC have come up short. Maybe they'll get it all sorted out. If so, I hope they haven't soured too many potential buyers.

Doug
Old 10-27-2020, 12:28 PM
dbrk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I bought a black stock Ranger 22 in August. It had feeding and extraction issues right away, I contacted Christensen and sent it back. They said they knew what the issue was and would rebuild it with new parts and it would work great. When I got it back a month later, the paperwork with it said that they had just adjusted the magazine fit, not the complete rebuild I was told.

It definitely works better now, but it is still jamming when feeding, about 1 out of every 10 rounds binds up when loading. I can force the bolt closed, but it will shave lead of of the next round in the magazine and dent its cartridge. This doesn't seem right to me, I expected a gun for this price from a "premium" manufacturer to work better. I have tried three different brands of ammunition, so I don't think thats the issue.

Over the last two weeks I have emailed the customer service representative that was helping me, left a voicemail with their service department, and submitted a service request on their website. I haven't gotten any response from them. I see now they have taken their phone number off of their website so the only way to contact is via email or service request form.

All in all I'm pretty disappointed both with the gun and with their customer service. My serial number is in the 700's, so I would think that would have been after their new "fix" was rolled out.

Last edited by dbrk; 10-27-2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Man this sucks to hear! I was really interested in one of these. I got a Tikka T1X .22lr back in May and I couldn't be happier with it. Was thinking of adding this one later on but maybe not anymore...might just go with a KRG chassis on the Tikka instead.