Buffers 10-22 - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:44 PM
CATMguy445
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to CATMguy445

Quote:
Originally Posted by doclu60 View Post
Got 'ya CardPuncher! You do a bevel, not a taper, and yes, I am yawning as I type.
Later brother!

Chemical sophistication.........hum? Guess I ain't that smart, I just spit on 'em!! Works great and it's free! BTW, since you are so sophisticated, is there a difference between 'then' and 'than'? Just wondering..........later.
Yeah, "then" is a sophisti-typo you get when typing in a hurry without proofreading before you post it. LMAO.

Original post has been corrected. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:56 PM
armtx

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
KIDD buffer and be done with it.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:56 PM
amrountree

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I made one from a 1/4 in plastic bolt from lowes. 70cents. It's quieter than the steel one from ruger and it doesn't cost 8 bucks from a fancy named company. Works just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2016, 03:44 PM
xdm9mm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
I have only used the Tuffer Buffer that comes from Canada!

My guess is that the pure plastic/silicone is better at absorbing impact than with one with a metal insert. Though i could be very wrong.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:55 PM
PJD642
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm View Post
I have only used the Tuffer Buffer that comes from Canada!

My guess is that the pure plastic/silicone is better at absorbing impact than with one with a metal insert. Though i could be very wrong.
+1! Tough yet flexible - won't shatter, provides a softer impact for the bolt so less felt recoil (minimal, I know, but every little bit helps for follow-through).
Old 10-26-2016, 05:19 PM
steveo1989
Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
The most durable one that I have found to use is the one that you can get when you purchase a Ruger 10/22. They don't tell you it's there, but it is.

That being said, I have a couple Tuffer Buffers and a couple Kidd bolt buffers in some of my 10/22s.

None of them shoot any differently. The soft ones may be a little more quiet, and stop a little vibration, but not much, especially since I always shoot with hearing protection. If I shot a silenced 10/22, I'm sure it would make a bit more difference.

As they say, and as I have been with regards to this... a fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:46 PM
smith627

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Iowa Fox // Years ago the VQ buffer was a steel pin with a rubber sleeve. It was the first that I tried....
Same here. I installed it over ten years ago in my 2003 Stainless carbine with black synthetic stock and the buffer still looks like new and is very easy to remove and insert.
The main reason I replaced the original steel bolt was because it was undersized and would always fall out too easily when reassembling.

Last edited by smith627; 11-03-2016 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:45 PM
Empe

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
I've been using a Yellow Jacket for several years with no problems. Good product and I would use them again.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:31 PM
rawhp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
1/8" fuel line + 1" x 1/8" roll pin inside. 15k+ rounds; looks the same as on day one.

2 piece buffer is easy to install and remove too (pin comes out first and goes in last after the tubing).
Old 10-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Ten22User

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am using Black Acetal / Delrin rod 1/4" dia - 2 ft Bushing from ebay ( actually it's 2 x 1 foot rod , $6.25 shipped). At least on my 10/22, it's a bit thicker requiring you to use a hammer to drive it through, so I sanded it down a bit and works great.

3K rounds on it and still no sign of any wear.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:52 PM
tkl

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Price of these buffers is crazy, ebay is your friend.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:20 PM
Tyendor
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkl View Post
Price of these buffers is crazy, ebay is your friend.
or you could buy them right here in the classifieds:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...o=ad&id=105657
Old 11-03-2016, 10:45 AM
SGW Gunsmith

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicumj View Post
Bevel taper whatever floats your boat, many pins are ground that way. Still don't change my opinion on the Kidd buffer. Truth be known Rugers steel bolt block is all you really need. I've never seen damage due to using the stock pin. In fact this year is the first soft buffer I've ever used in any of my firearms some with thousand of rounds thru them with no damage.
Yup! A steel factory provided pin will certainly arrest the rearward travel of the 10/22 bolt...............no doubt. For the cost of a "buffer" a more caring owner of the Ruger 10/22 rifle may gain a bit more comfort in knowing that the bolt will experience a "softer" encounter with the bolt stop pin.

If the entry ends of the buffer are getting a bit ragged from inserting into the receiver, use a finger to smear a little oil on the entry end of the neoprene buffer. I think I even read a post at one time here, how well "Preparation 'H' " works for inserting items of that diameter.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:34 AM
xdm9mm

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGW Gunsmith View Post
Yup! A steel factory provided pin will certainly arrest the rearward travel of the 10/22 bolt...............no doubt. For the cost of a "buffer" a more caring owner of the Ruger 10/22 rifle may gain a bit more comfort in knowing that the bolt will experience a "softer" encounter with the bolt stop pin.

If the entry ends of the buffer are getting a bit ragged from inserting into the receiver, use a finger to smear a little oil on the entry end of the neoprene buffer. I think I even read a post at one time here, how well "Preparation 'H' " works for inserting items of that diameter.
I tapered my tuffer buffer on one end because It can be difficult to push on my new 10/22, but on my older one it was easy.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:33 PM
Ricekila
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently finished installing Tougher-Buffers in these