Octoberber 2020 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match - Page 7 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-29-2020, 06:45 AM
Hicksville Kid
US Air Force NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Well, I got out early yesterday and had a decent day. Not a breath of wind and the fog was burning off.

Official Entry
10/28/2020
247 7X
Hicksville Kid (Mike)
CZ 453, Mueller 4-16x set at 9x, SK Pistol Match Special
Caldwell Rock BR Protector bags front and rear
68 degrees 90% humidity, wind dead calm (I needed that)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0AD91329-0574-4EF8-ABCE-CCE7334E03E8.jpg (386.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-29-2020, 06:54 AM
Hicksville Kid

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
Wel Kid,,, it sounds like if I'm gonna shoot with you I had better get myself on down to Southport pretty soon. You're subject the kick the bucket at any second.
Naw, Iím not ready for any bucket action yet. Iíll be happy to shoot with you anytime you are in the vicinity. We can also do tennis, golf, trap, skeet, bench, pistol or walk my dog. Think you can keep up?
Old 10-29-2020, 07:20 AM
LeeJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good shooting Mike

Lee
Old 10-29-2020, 07:42 AM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicksville Kid View Post
Naw, I’m not ready for any bucket action yet. I’ll be happy to shoot with you anytime you are in the vicinity. We can also do tennis, golf, trap, skeet, bench, pistol or walk my dog. Think you can keep up?
I might could shoot a couple of pistols if they didn't kick too much. Other than that, I'll sit and pet your dog while we watch you do the rest of it. Oh........ I used to drive a mean golf cart back in the day.
Old 10-29-2020, 01:19 PM
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good target Mike. The reason you had no wind is it's all here in Alabama.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:30 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I give you an X on #3 Mike. Nice shooting.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:06 PM
Hicksville Kid

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1522steelshooter View Post
Good target Mike. The reason you had no wind is it's all here in Alabama.
Well, itís here in Southport now. We shot Trap this morning and it was wild. 10mph with gusts to 24. Iím glad I got out yesterday because today, tomorrow and Saturday are going to be busy and windy. Looking forward to November.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:26 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
I left work early yesterday intending to do some yard, work, did get a little done before I decided to shoot a couple more targets. I removed my Leupold scope as it did not have fine crosshairs, mounted a Burris Rimfire 4x12 on it. I like the Burris better with the fine hairs. Didn't shoot quite as well as my previous targets, but I shot SK Rifle Match instead of Center X. How long do you guys take to shoot a target? I timed myself on last target and was 7.5 minutes. Maybe I would shoot better if I slowed down a bit. My other target was a 247 5X, at least I was consistent.

10/28/20
247-6X
Kurt Yoder
CZ 457 Burris R/F 4x12 Set at 9X
Caldwell Front Protektor Rear
52* Light Wind

Old 10-29-2020, 06:38 PM
LeeJ
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice shooting Kurt. I havenít timed myself but guessing less than 15 minutes.

Lee
Old 10-29-2020, 06:47 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I just scrolled through this months targets , and there was a lot of good entry's.

We got a Springer pup 3 weeks ago, he'll be 11 weeks this weekend. Between him and the weather going downhill I never got the time to shoot my other two attempts. I went back and entered my target shot at the beginning of the month.

Hope to catch at least a day or two next month to try and beat my others.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:54 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
On my first target ,if it's calm it takes me about 15 minutes. When the wind picks up I do some waiting between shots and it takes longer.

If I shoot another target It takes up to 35 minutes, taking short breaks to give the eye a break when I have trouble focusing. Usually that's the better target.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:49 PM
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would guess about 15-20 min per target. I normally shoot two targets a session and it takes me a little over an hour to set up, shoot and break down.
Dan
Old 10-29-2020, 07:56 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1522steelshooter View Post
I would guess about 15-20 min per target. I normally shoot two targets a session and it takes me a little over an hour to set up, shoot and break down.
Dan
I would guess I have at least 15 in set up. By the time I level the target, rest, gun in rest and adjusted. and get ammo lined up.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:20 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Now you guys tell me. I just head downrange with the staple gun and stick the target up. Most of the time it's pretty straight. I usually sit down for a bit after that long walk to catch my breath and I start shooting. The only level I've got is a 4 ft. so I guess I'm gonna have to get some more equipment.

As to the time question, I have never timed myself but would guess between 15 and 20 min. to shoot a target. I use a single shot adapter and like to work on my breath a bit between shots. Then, like Hawkeye said, there's that eye focus thing that always needs attention.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:43 PM
Hawkeye57

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
Now you guys tell me. I just head downrange with the staple gun and stick the target up. Most of the time it's pretty straight. I usually sit down for a bit after that long walk to catch my breath and I start shooting. The only level I've got is a 4 ft. so I guess I'm gonna have to get some more equipment.

As to the time question, I have never timed myself but would guess between 15 and 20 min. to shoot a target. I use a single shot adapter and like to work on my breath a bit between shots. Then, like Hawkeye said, there's that eye focus thing that always needs attention.
When shooting a lot of Tack Driver and No Bull targets before I got into the GM's , I found leveling the target, and the rest from left to right a big help. If they are level your cross hairs should be extending on center of all the bulls left to right and above and below of the bull you are aiming at. By doing so you are sure your gun isn't canted in the rest, and it takes a few more variables out of the mix. Letting me know there was no doubt the miss was on me.

I made a target level with a piece of thick plastic license plate, and a line level. Super glued the level on the plastic. I cut off the hooks for hanging the level on masons line.

Sets on top of the target when stapling.

I use a 9" torpedo on the top of the rest for side to side leveling.

I shoot on a bit of an up hill situation so can't level front to back. I keep my back rest foot adjusted out enough to use it for fine adjustment on vertical. I get close with the spindle of the rest, then fine tune with the foot as I'm setting in for the kill.

It don't show with my scores , but without it they would be lower.

Last edited by Hawkeye57; 10-30-2020 at 03:10 PM.