Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-25-2020, 08:40 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
U.S.Martial .22RF Rifles by Thomas D. Batha

Who has this book in their library? If so pat yourself on the back! I paid $13.95 plus $3.00 shipping in 2004 for my copy. I was going to recommend to a gentleman that I know he pick up a copy until I saw this: https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...&tn=&kn=&isbn=

and this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...r=1-2&dchild=1

I about had heart failure! Wish my stocks did as well!

AJ
Old 10-25-2020, 10:45 PM
bangbang
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
fwiw,

its on my shelf.

i downsized alot but have kept my specialized books on trainers - so far.

take a look at some of the colt books or Skinnertons books.

those prices are impressive, but chances are no one will open their wallet. Its just a matter of time for someone to find one on amazon or some small book shop.

I spent alot of time waiting for some books, and since i have a nice book seller in town i go there first. Then just start googling.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:58 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangbang View Post
fwiw,

its on my shelf.

i downsized alot but have kept my specialized books on trainers - so far.

take a look at some of the colt books or Skinnertons books.

those prices are impressive, but chances are no one will open their wallet. Its just a matter of time for someone to find one on amazon or some small book shop.

I spent alot of time waiting for some books, and since i have a nice book seller in town i go there first. Then just start googling.
I have Clawson's and Meadows books on the M1911's, Gyde's book on Remington .22's https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...r=1-1&dchild=1
Houze's book on the Winchester 52, https://www.amazon.com/Winchester-Mo...3&unfiltered=1
and a bunch of others. We all have to educate our families as to what these are worth when we no longer are able to use them. What they are worth now compared to what I paid for them is nothing short of ridiculous.

Yes, I too, look on line and in local used book stores and yard/estate sales for books.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2020, 12:43 PM
Artd
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
They Will Pay For Themselves

I got a copy of U.S.Martial .22RF Rifles earlier this year for $99.00 on eBay. It is a handy reference book that I use frequently. The cost of a good reference book is easily recouped when it saves you from a errant rifle purchase.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:28 PM
Chas100

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased Bathaís book a few years ago for $19.99. Also purchased Gary Cunninghamís US Bayonet book direct from Gary and also signed by him and he also sent me a CD that has more information than the book for $29.99. I canít believe what these are going for now
Old 10-27-2020, 10:54 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas100 View Post
I purchased Bathaís book a few years ago for $19.99. Also purchased Gary Cunninghamís US Bayonet book direct from Gary and also signed by him and he also sent me a CD that has more information than the book for $29.99. I canít believe what these are going for now
Have the same book by Cunningham and just looked it up. Unbelievable!!! i think I need to make an inventory of the book shelves. Might be more in books than guns in the house..............
Old 10-28-2020, 12:13 AM
bangbang

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc69 View Post
I have Clawson's and Meadows books on the M1911's, Gyde's book on Remington .22's https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...r=1-1&dchild=1
Houze's book on the Winchester 52, https://www.amazon.com/Winchester-Mo...3&unfiltered=1
and a bunch of others. We all have to educate our families as to what these are worth when we no longer are able to use them. What they are worth now compared to what I paid for them is nothing short of ridiculous.

Yes, I too, look on line and in local used book stores and yard/estate sales for books.
you can try and see where that gets you.

for the most part some of my toys are rare too, but im just going to sell them down the road along with my books and most of my other stuff.

in the end, they really wont care how much they are worth since it will be free $$ to them. If your kids/family ARE really interested, then they MAY appreciate them.

I would just sell them or if you find someone worthy of the resources just give them to someone that would appreciate them.

most people just want them to flip and $$$

good luck and have fun.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:43 AM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangbang View Post
you can try and see where that gets you.

for the most part some of my toys are rare too, but im just going to sell them down the road along with my books and most of my other stuff.

in the end, they really wont care how much they are worth since it will be free $$ to them. If your kids/family ARE really interested, then they MAY appreciate them.

I would just sell them or if you find someone worthy of the resources just give them to someone that would appreciate them.

most people just want them to flip and $$$

good luck and have fun.

Bangbang,

I am lucky in that I have two Grandsons and a Granddaughter that are interested in firearms. The boys like military stuff, the oldest is a Marine. So in that they all want some of it, So I may be fortunate that stuff will go to them. That said tastes change and needs overcome wants so I will keep them apprised of the values.

AJ
Old 10-29-2020, 07:31 AM
schutzen-jager

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artd View Post
I got a copy of U.S.Martial .22RF Rifles earlier this year for $99.00 on eBay. It is a handy reference book that I use frequently. The cost of a good reference book is easily recouped when it saves you from a errant rifle purchase.
careful - the Batha book contains several errors as pointed out in several older threads here -
Old 10-29-2020, 02:59 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
careful - the Batha book contains several errors as pointed out in several older threads here -
I think every book has some errors in them. It is the nature of the beast, once you think you have covered all the bases, someone else finds some updated data in some out of the way place to prove something is mistaken.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:20 AM
BigBill

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I purchased this book decades ago. Are people really buying this book at the new prices? They can put this book next to Steve McQueens book there both over priced. Used $175/ new $1,700 thats Crazy. I’m not sure if I should keep mine or sleezebay it?

https://www.abebooks.com/U.S-Martial...30132062809/bd

Last edited by BigBill; 11-26-2020 at 01:25 AM.
Old 11-26-2020, 09:44 AM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill View Post
I purchased this book decades ago. Are people really buying this book at the new prices? They can put this book next to Steve McQueens book there both over priced. Used $175/ new $1,700 thats Crazy. Iím not sure if I should keep mine or sleezebay it?

https://www.abebooks.com/U.S-Martial...30132062809/bd

They are asking that price, but are they selling any?