Christensen Arms Ranger 22 lr - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-27-2020, 06:51 PM
layer3guru
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Does anyone know what serial numbers were past the issue? I ask because I don't think it is known publicly which serial numbers were a problem vs not.

Having said that, I have shared everything about mine and it was rebuilt and hope yours get there also. I do not ever remember Christensen phone numbers being on their website. I got it from an email address when they replied to me. Remember we are in strange times not making excuses for them but this Covid thing is impacting everyone.

Mine is really starting to come together.

I am not affiliated with Christensen and they have never given me anything but I will never feel bad about supporting small family businesses in America.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MRG4.jpg (74.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 10-29-2020, 01:45 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
From when I emailed them a few weeks ago less than fifty have been produced. None were in stock anywhere so I moved on. The rifle looks promising other than light weight as it’s difficult to shoot well with a 5.1 pound rifle and trigger that goes to minimum of 2lbs. It is nice to have the option of 700 benchrest triggers though.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:55 PM
df06
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ranger

I handled one at Scheels an hour ago. Decided to look at the site before buying. Glad I did. It really amazes me that something as basic as feeding and extraction of shells could get by R&D at a gun making plant. Iíll pass.
Old 10-29-2020, 05:25 PM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (54)
I checked out one of these rifles at the local Sportsman's Warehouse yesterday. They warned me that the rifle would likely have to be sent back to fix the ejection problem. Serial was around 275. Seemed like an ok rifle for the money and something different to try out. Very light in weight. The one thing that I don't like is the tiny bolt handle that seems like and afterthought. Feels like a 1/4-20 bolt stuck on there with a tiny head. I like the older Remington 581 rifles and they are the same way, tiny thin little bolt.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:55 PM
dbrk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did finally get a reply from Christensen from the form I had submitted on their website. They said they have a new version of the trigger guard they can send me to see if this fixes the issue. I will report back once it is installed.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:10 AM
Airedale

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Picked up a Ranger this week and mounted a Burris mini 6X target scope. So far so good, at 25 yards she is showing a lot of potential. Took her out yesterday to get zeroed it was cold and windy and just used some Federal auto match stuff to get started. I think the Squirrels around my parts are going to have something more to worry about.

Al

Last edited by Airedale; 11-14-2020 at 07:16 AM.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:55 AM
layer3guru
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nice
Old 11-15-2020, 04:50 PM
Rocket_Monkey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just shot my Ranger for the first time today, it was pretty windy and my scope setup was too tall for a good cheekweld so I'll withhold comments on accuracy. It does not eject and mangles the bullets pretty good coming out of the mag and into the chamber. I'm regretting buying it for sure.
Old 11-15-2020, 11:35 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Its frustrating to me to see these issues popping up. It has to be a known glitch with an apparent fix, that they only seem willing to fix when the owner finds it.

Hemmed and hawed over one today, but the handle was loose and rattled on the bolt and the trigger guard had big molding slag. Combined with a near linear complaint of extraction issues....

This is a bit reminiscent of Christensen of old, hope they remedy it. They have done a good job changing the rep they made from "glitches" in the early days.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:27 PM
Rocket_Monkey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just submitted a repair request, however I'm going to try and return or exchange it for something else. FYI mine is green with a SN in the high 300s. Also, why do I keep buying guns from cabelas? If this doesn't work out I'll have been hosed twice now.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:41 AM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Yeah the green ones should be the newest batch. Wonder if it's time to swap for an aluminum trigger guard and up the price a smidge. Add 150$ to the tage but this bad press kills worse than upping the price.
Old 11-17-2020, 08:06 PM
Rocket_Monkey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think a function test before shipping wouldn't hurt...
Old 11-17-2020, 11:37 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_Monkey View Post
I think a function test before shipping wouldn't hurt...
Probably would save the sales guys and the media managers a lot of grief. The amount of folks reporting ejection issues is high. High enough in a connected world, it could build a bad rap really fast. Seems like a 50 round function test and a little tech to run it, would save everybody a lot of trouble and shipping.
Old 11-18-2020, 09:15 AM
Rocket_Monkey

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A one round function test would have had a 90% chance to catch mine, it ejected about 10 out of 100 rounds. It's pretty clear they have more than a simple workmanship issue, or its a pattern failure anyway.

What's amazing to me is they don't seem to have recalled the guns. I don't know how many they have made or what percentage is problematic, so perhaps the failure rate is much smaller than it would seem. What's the highest SN anybody has seen?

I wonder if current production is still having issues, I've seen a couple accounts of returned guns coming back still not reliable. Which raises the question about the design viability. IIRC some of the early reviewers mentioned the no ejection issue and did tests without proper function. So you know they must have been aware of the issue before sales. Seems odd they were not able to catch it. Doa would seem like an easy one to prevent provided that your design is workable and your inspecting your products.

Anyway, I hope it gets fixed.