1416 EXEMPLAR INFORMATION - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-29-2020, 02:18 PM
BladeRimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Fair value on a mint 1416 exemplar xiv? Found a gentleman who has one. No box or paperwork with it. Want to get a fair deal & him be treated the same. Has factory single stage trigger. Front sight is @ 3 inches from the end of barrel. Rear sight behind the receiver. Are the sights removable? Any information anyone could share would be greatly appreciated. It is the 14 inch pistol not the exemplar rifle.

Last edited by BladeRimfire; 10-29-2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:27 PM
Gwelo

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
The XIV's came with a 5091 2 stage trigger factory set at 9.85 oz. Sights are as you describe with the front being hooded. Yes, the sights are removable and there is an 11mm dovetail full length of the receiver for scope mounting. This thread has a couple pics of my XIV that I picked up recently that has factory sights. https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...t=exemplar+XIV

The 14" XIV's are quite a bit less common than the 10" & 12" Exemplars. In the 10 months that I have been following listings/sales of Exemplars, I have seen 48 listings, 6 were for XIV's. FWIW, 3 were for the .22 Hornet.

I would put value in a sale to a friend of $750-$850 if in Ex+ condition. Hopefully it has the original magazine with a black follower. Note that this pistol would likely bring more $$ listed on GunBroker.
Old 10-29-2020, 09:45 PM
BladeRimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you much for the reply! I truly appreciate your time spent replying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2020, 10:11 PM
Gwelo

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRimfire View Post
Thank you much for the reply! I truly appreciate your time spent replying.
Glad to help. Good luck with your friend! You will not be disappointed if you decide to purchase!!
Old 10-30-2020, 12:53 AM
motovita

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Fair value on a mint 1416 exemplar xiv? Found a gentleman who has one. No box or paperwork with it. Want to get a fair deal & him be treated the same. Has factory single stage trigger. Front sight is @ 3 inches from the end of barrel. Rear sight behind the receiver. Are the sights removable? Any information anyone could share would be greatly appreciated. It is the 14 inch pistol not the exemplar rifle.
What currency do you use in your country? Different markets around the world will likely value the pistol differently.
I think Gwelo has his finger on the pulse of the U.S. market.

Last edited by motovita; 10-30-2020 at 01:00 AM.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:09 AM
BladeRimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Motovita we use USA currency only. Everything from a Lincoln penny to a Franklin 100 dollar bill. I'm from Mississippi. Had to go back & edit this text. Wondered why you asked that. I see all of you have a location of origin under your handle. Ill have to see if i can adjust mine where it will do the same. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

Last edited by BladeRimfire; 10-30-2020 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-04-2020, 07:18 AM
Gwelo

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Any update? Did you make the deal?
Old 11-09-2020, 09:23 PM
BladeRimfire

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gwelo! I apologize for the very late response! The gentleman who has the pistol is about a 4 hour drive from me in my same state of MS. Ive always been intrigued by it for years. I have no children & when I pass I'll leave my firearms to my godson. I asked him earlier last week if this pistol would be one that interests him & he said no. I respect his comment and completely understand his opinion. Honestly if I were to try and squirrel hunt with it I might as well tote a rifle. I notified the gentleman that had it my interests had passed. He never gave me a definite price but he shared multiple pics with me. This pistol is clean, clean, clean! He bought it new & only shot 3 boxes in it before stashing it away
Old 11-09-2020, 09:59 PM
motovita

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Quote:
Gwelo! I apologize for the very late response! The gentleman who has the pistol is about a 4 hour drive from me in my same state of MS. Ive always been intrigued by it for years. I have no children & when I pass I'll leave my firearms to my godson. I asked him earlier last week if this pistol would be one that interests him & he said no. I respect his comment and completely understand his opinion. Honestly if I were to try and squirrel hunt with it I might as well tote a rifle. I notified the gentleman that had it my interests had passed. He never gave me a definite price but he shared multiple pics with me. This pistol is clean, clean, clean! He bought it new & only shot 3 boxes in it before stashing it away
If you're looking to adopt, I'm available.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:06 AM
HAWKEYE WIZARD
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Blade runner,
You have a PM.
Thanks,
Hawkeye Wizard