Tippmann M4-22 triggers - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-07-2020, 03:30 PM
SAPR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

What about the Timney AR-15 Competition Trigger 2-2.5 pds?

Im trying to build a pair of guns for IPSC competition (AR-15 + AR-22) and both should be as similar as possible. The Timney is the trigger of choice for that application. Granted, it costs 1/3 of the gun, but thats ok given the reduced ammo cost
Old 08-21-2020, 10:25 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Has anyone tried the Elftmann SE? Can anyone see a reason the Match would work while the (much cheaper) SE wouldn't? Hammer looks a little beefier
Old 08-25-2020, 07:10 PM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
LaRu Triggers

Has anyone tried the LaRu triggers on the Tippmann?
Trying to stay within a budget and these look interesting, as well as available locally.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:55 PM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a response on another venue that the LaRu triggers will only work with some modifications.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:15 AM
AMB01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CMC Trigger

Installed a CMC trigger works fine. Seem to have a touch of creep on first shot, but fine after. May look into it but, for what I'm using the rifle for pretty much irrelevant. I might add I love the gun, really impressed with it. Have only fired CCI, SK and Federal stnd velocity ammo's through it, but it eats it all no problems or ftf's.

Last edited by AMB01; 10-26-2020 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:23 AM
Pipes1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Timney triggers will work but need to be ordered specifically for the Tippmann as they modify to fit.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fantastic info on which aftermarket triggers work and which don't.

Curious...2 days ago ordered my first M4-22 and it's on the way. What is the factory trigger like, pull weight, take-up, etc? Is it detrimental to accuracy, to the degree that you practically have to replace it?
Old 10-27-2020, 07:49 PM
mrwug
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
What is the factory trigger like, pull weight, take-up, etc? Is it detrimental to accuracy, to the degree that you practically have to replace it?
I'm no trigger snob but I like it better than than the trigger on most of my other guns. I definitely wouldn't categorize it as "must replace".
Old 10-28-2020, 01:35 PM
CJT50
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwug View Post
I'm no trigger snob but I like it better than than the trigger on most of my other guns. I definitely wouldn't categorize it as "must replace".
Agreed!

It's really not a bad trigger, definitely on the upper end of mil-spec style triggers. I just like a shorter reset for speed competitions.

Last edited by CJT50; 10-30-2020 at 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling, gzzzzz
Old 10-31-2020, 05:23 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wonder if the Schmid Tool 2-stage trigger, which is rebranded and sold by many places, would fit in this rifle? I happen to have a spare sitting around....

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...assembly1.html

If nobody else knows, I'll try it once my rifle comes in, I have a 10-day 'jail' period and then can pick it up mid-November.

Last edited by maximus83; 10-31-2020 at 05:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2020, 02:32 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tried the Schmid 1005 2-stage. Alas, it does not fit.

Has anyone tested if the Elftmann match trigger that is shown on Tippmann's site, works with the ambi selector? Interested in that match trigger, but not if it'll later conflict with the ambi safety.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:03 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just spoke with Tippmann CS, he said that the takeaway on triggers is that the M4-22 trigger is proprietary. While any 3rd party trigger in theory can be fitted to work (the differences from milspec are not huge), virtually all have to be milled and fitted to work. It's good news the ALG seems to work as a drop-in for those who tried it, but it sounds like no other trigger outside of the fitted ones on their site has worked as a drop-in.

He mentioned 3 details I thought might be useful here for folks getting new rifles, as I just did:
  • Only the triggers on their site--including the OEM one and the Elftmann--have been specifically milled and tested to work with the M4-22's, and are guaranteed to work with their proprietary safety selector.
  • They might eventually mill and add more aftermarket triggers on the website, such as Geissele.
  • If you have a specific aftermarket trigger you want to use and can't fit it yourself or find a local gunsmith who can, they have a service to fit it for you if you send in the lower and the trigger.

We need either Tippmann service, or somebody here who has fitted some of these triggers to take a popular trigger--Geissele, Timney, whatever--and do a YT video showing how to mill it for the M4-22.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:36 PM
CJT50
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here is a novel idea, why not modify the proprietary safety to accept milspec triggers.

While I love my Tippmans,(3) these are the issues that will pop up when you modify an airsoft receiver set to fire a 22lr. Their are other issue with the lower casting that prohibit using after market parts ie; raised portion of lower by the mag release is different then standard forgings.

I don't think tippmann realized how much the consumer would try and modify their firearm with aftermarket parts.

BTW; The PSA 3.5AR match trigger drops in and works fine in only one of my 3 lowers. Other 2 lowers don't have clearance cuts for anti rotation pins. (The OEM for trigger is CMC)

Last edited by CJT50; 11-25-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 04:22 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Or better yet? Build a milspec receiver so it uses milspec parts at least for FCG. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:54 PM
Jim38885

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A Mil-Spec lower, what a novel idea.

While they're at it wouldn't hurt to read the dimensional specifications for Picatinny rail in the upper receiver. But this would require that they machine the Picatinny slots, they do it in the Elite handguards so I know they can.

Sorry If I'm harsh but I have a low tolerance for stupid %%%%.

Jim