Langford

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

My first "Hogue Ultimate".

LaRue arrow kit
Hogue black stock
Nikon p223 3x32 scope
Warne steel medium height rings
Bolt lock from Collosic (locks the bolt in the closed position, puts all of the energy into the arrow)
Volquartsen exact edge extractor
Volquartsen auto bolt release
And I'll be ordering a Volquartsen target hammer just to clean the trigger pull up a bit

I don't have any targets to post yet, but this thing is extremely accurate. I sighted it in yesterday at 20 yards, and surprisingly, no hold over/under at 10, 20 & 30 yards...it's dead on. I was having to shoot at different spots on the target because I put a crease in one and ripped a fletchings off already. I'm going to push it out to 50-100 yards this weekend to see how it handles. This is more of a toy build than anything, but I'll give it a shot during whitetail rifle season this year, can't use it for archery since it's still a firearm, but it'll be good for a close range shot during firearm season.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:56 AM
Langford

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yes, really. Is it humane to use a crossbow that shoots the same bolts at around 250-350 fps? This setup using .22 lr purple blank rounds shoot crossbow bolts with 100 grain broadheads at well over 400 fps, which has MUCH more energy than some of the bows that I've shot over the years to cleanly harvest whitetail. These bolts penetrate my target much further than my compound bow does, which is one of the faster bows currently on the market.

I guess next time, before trying to be "that guy" and call somebody out to try to make them look foolish, do a little research before you post.

Last edited by Langford; 11-12-2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:08 AM
OleFreak
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Every arrow I’ve put on the goody zipped completely through, exiting and leaving behind a wound channel that’s a couple to three times the broadhead’s razor sharp blade tip to tip diameter. An arrow can do a whole lot more damage than a bullet that doesn’t expand adequately, or worse, pencils through with no expansion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2015, 10:24 AM
Langford

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Out of curiosity, I threw the numbers together...305 grain bolt , 100 grain broadhead, 425 fps...162.4 ft-lbs. How many bows can compare with that?

This setup makes my bowtech look slow, so even if the 425 fps is an overestimation of the actual speed, it's still well over the 300+ fps my compound shoots. Which will put more than enough energy on target to humanely take large game.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:58 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
My new Hogue Ultimate build

Ever since Hogue came out with this color , I wanted to do a 10/22 build with one . Not for the Zombie connection , I don't even like the show, but I thought it was a cool color and thought it would look cool with a SS barrel .
I found this one on sale for half price and ordered one . Picked up the 18" Green Mountain SS barrel for a good price too . I need to strip the receiver and find a silver trigger housing . That or pick up another donor rifle in silver . Always room for one more .
This one so far has a JWH Bolt kit , an old style factory metal trigger and a home polished hammer that breaks just over 3# , wearing a BSA 3-12X40 airgun scope for now . Kirby
Old 02-06-2016, 07:56 PM
langbanger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dlask DAR 22 soon to have a brimstone tier 1 trigger in a tan hogue stock. "Sporter" barrel chambering. Great little truck gun.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:44 PM
langbanger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanman View Post
Put together a lightweight plinker with a PWS barrel. Trigger is probably the only other thing I will mess with. Maybe get the bolt worked on..

What red dot is that you have on there, and how does it work with the nodak spud sights? I want to put together the same setup but I'm not sure about the bushnell TRS that NDS claims works best as co-witness. Great looking rifle by the way!
Old 02-28-2016, 05:54 PM
cwlongshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Anyone ever try to increase the comb height for better cheek weld using a scope?

LOVE the feel, but could use more height.

CW
Old 02-28-2016, 08:09 PM
rawhp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwlongshot View Post
Anyone ever try to increase the comb height for better cheek weld using a scope?

LOVE the feel, but could use more height.

CW
I made an add on Kydex cheek riser for a little less than $15 when I had my 10/22 in an old school Hogue stock. Didn't take much time, and I was able create a pattern to follow the lines of the stock better than buying an add on riser (if you care about the aesthetics). The smaller knurled knobs that added later, were a good improvement in both form and function:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1076742

Last edited by rawhp; 02-28-2016 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:05 AM
bobpensik

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have been working on this build for a little while

Dlask Arms DAR22 Receiver
Leupold 4x28 Scope
Hogue Overmoulded Stock
KIDD 16.5" Ultra Lightweight Barrel
KIDD Scalloped Bolt
KIDD Single Stage Trigger
KIDD Cocking handle, bolt buffer, receiver pins

Old 02-29-2016, 12:39 AM
LAZ1
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dlask built dar 22 custom

I posted my DLASK custom built DAR 22 in the ULTIMATE 10/22 section. Another
picture of the rifle in the very nice HOGUE pistol grip overmoulded tacticool stock is there.

This stock is ideal for off the bench and standing. The sticky rubber pistol grip really helps get a consistent grip on the rifle stock.
Will add a light/short Harries bipod soon and smaller, more practical field optics.
(;-[)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160228_204218.jpg (400.5 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by LAZ1; 02-29-2016 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:30 PM
cwlongshot

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAZ1 View Post
I posted my DLASK custom built DAR 22 in the ULTIMATE 10/22 section. Another
picture of the rifle in the very nice HOGUE pistol grip overmoulded tacticool stock is there.

This stock is ideal for off the bench and standing. The sticky rubber pistol grip really helps get a consistent grip on the rifle stock.
Will add a light/short Harries bipod soon and smaller, more practical field optics.
(;-[)
VERY NICE LAZ!!

How is the comb rise? I mean opposed to stock the way your eye lines up with the scope?

I need more rise and am liking this stick allot.

RawHP,
THATS AWESOME TOO!!

I have some kydex, Ill be trying this it should work GREAT!!
Old 03-01-2016, 04:16 PM
LAZ1
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dlask hogue build feedback

I am 5' 9", 230 lbs, and this set up fits me well. As always, YPMMV.

I like this stock and scope combination on the bench and standing offhand. This stock was designed by people who really know their stuff. It has "Tacticool" features that really are PRACTICAL as well as mere marketing "BLING". For me, and for a few others who handled this set up, they all liked the ergonomics and balance of this rig. The 16.5" FLUTED DLASK barrel just feels RIGHT.

The only downside to the Hogue overmoulded material, is that achieving consistent and permanent receiver screw tension is awkward. I store the rifle and stock in two sections, so that screw will go in and out a lot. I seat the rifle in the stock with a butt strike to the ground, and then try to tighten THE SCREW consistently. But if I check after a few mags, I CAN FEEL THE SCREW TENSION HAS LIGHTENED UP A BIT. I may look into pillar bedding the screw, and adding a round head screw at the rear in the cleaning hole. Or as a simple solution, use a longer bag and keep the 10/22 assembled. But so far, near MOA at 100 yds with BLAZER ammo is good enough as is, for a baseline to start from. Final tuning should cut that down some.

That UTG ACCUSHOT scope is a monstrous 8 - 32 X 56 mm that sits in HIGH rings Those high rings are necessary for clearance on a flat top rail gun, like an AR 10 with railed forearm, or my LSP fitted M14, but on the 10/22, I could drop almost 1/2" in height with lower rings. I swap this scope around on different rifles and it is used primarily for range testing ammunition and accurising tweaks. This scope is really too large to be practical in the field ... but it sure is nice having a built in 32X spotting scope to watch each shot as it hits.
(;-[)
Old 03-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Citadelgrad87

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawhp View Post
I made an add on Kydex cheek riser for a little less than $15 when I had my 10/22 in an old school Hogue stock. Didn't take much time, and I was able create a pattern to follow the lines of the stock better than buying an add on riser (if you care about the aesthetics). The smaller knurled knobs that added later, were a good improvement in both form and function:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1076742

This is an easy mod, and I stole it, IIRC, from you, sir.

Here's mine, and it's an ultimate Hogue.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:15 PM
langbanger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
hogue, 10/22

Ruger receiver, Kidd trigger kit in an older metal trigger guard, tacsol barrel, nodak spud sights, Dlask bolt and charging handle.