Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:03 PM
klw
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
POF Rebel

Bought one at the local Sportsman's Warehouse. Failed on the first shot. It was trying to eject spent cases to the left. The ejection port was on the right. Also it would mangle spent cases with the round coming up from the magazine. Then too it could stuff this stuff down in the guts of the gun. Sometime they would jiggle out. Sometime not.

Sportsman's Warehouse refused to send it back to the factory. It was my gun so it was my problem.

POF did agree to pay return shipping. They got it on 4/30 and promised two day turnaround. As to 5/25 I haven't heard from them. No one is answering their phones. If you leave a message they do not return your call. E-mails are ignored.

I expected better from them.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:39 PM
JTJ
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That is a bummer. With their prices I would expect better from them too.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:58 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I have several POF rifles.

There customer service is second to none.
Let us know how they deal with the problem. If they donít deal with the issue, which I think they will, PM me. Iíve bought enough of their products over the years, I will contact them.

I will put my POF Revolution against any 308 for accuracy, reliability, weight and durability. Itís overall performance is unbelievable. When you can have a 308 that is about the size of an AR-15, the accuracy better than many bolt guns, that weighs about the same as an AR-15 and is extremely reliable, what is there to complain about?

Check out the old meltdown video on YouTube. That rifle is an old SWAT Team rifle. It performed better, by far, than any other firearm tested. It never completely failed. It would hiccup on full auto because there wasnít much rifling left so there wasnít enough back pressure to reliably cycle it in full auto. You can tell by the 1í+ flame coming out the muzzle. In semi auto it functioned fine. As I recall they quit testing at around 2700 rounds. Most other rifles quit at around 900 rounds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2020, 10:30 PM
klw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
POF

I have a couple of their other rifles. No complaints so this experience surprised me.
Obviously anyone can have a bad experience. That is understandable. But NOT handling it well is another matter. Here they clearly messed up.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:56 PM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I donít have their 22, but there centerfire firearms are awesome.

Iím sure they will make it right.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:25 AM
mykdee
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Any updates?
Old 06-25-2020, 02:57 PM
klw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes

POF promised when I sent the Rebel back that they could turn it around in a couple of days. It came back about a month later. During that month they did not respond either to phone calls or e-mails.

Today was my first chance to take the "fixed" gun out and try it. This time it did not fail on the first shot it failed on the 44th. I was shooting ten shot strings. During all of them there were frequent failures to fire. Also there were several cases where the round went off but the recoil seemed more than a bit low AND the spent cases were not ejected. There were also a couple other problems.

After the 43rd shot the gun just stopped working altogether. I chambered and tried to fire six or seven cartridges but none when off. So I picked up all the unfired cartridges laying on the ground and examined them. NONE show any signs of being hit by the firing pin.

I put all these cartridges in another 22 and all fired without incident.

So I tried calling POF just now and just like before no one answered. I have also sent them an e-mail but I have no real hope now that this gun will ever be fixed.

I think that maybe the owner has died but I am not sure. What I do know is that whoever fixed this pistol might not be in the right line of work.
Old 06-26-2020, 07:29 AM
mykdee
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Frank the owner of POF did pass away last week.

In regards to the issues with the Rebel 22, that is not good to hear. No matter what is going on at POF, for the money they charge on their firearms, they should run flawlessly!! No excuse for the problems plenty of people are having with the Rebel, just go read all the reviews on Sportsmans Warehouse, not good!! I just picked mine up yesterday, fingers crossed.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:07 AM
M2HB

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I knew Frank for years. He was the most honorable, pro Constitution, pro American person you would ever meet. He would always stand behind everything he built. If there are issues, give the company a chance to make it right. Their centerfire ARs are the most reliable in the industry. Check out the YouTube meltdown videos. Nobody has come close to his, and the subject rifle was an old returned Phoenix SWAT rifle. Everyone at POF is grieving right now. The 22 Rebel was not their primary firearm, and if there are issues, they need to be addressed. The last time I was there, they were so busy they couldnít keep up with current orders, so my bet is they didnít give the time necessary to insure that the OPís Rebel worked properly.

I like the Rebel and I will purchase one in the near future. Iím not going to fight lines and the craziness, but as soon as I can I will get one. Iíve handled one, but Iíve never shot one. I like it much better than the Charger.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:20 AM
mykdee
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
I knew Frank for years. He was the most honorable, pro Constitution, pro American person you would ever meet. He would always stand behind everything he built. If there are issues, give the company a chance to make it right. Their centerfire ARs are the most reliable in the industry. Check out the YouTube meltdown videos. Nobody has come close to his, and the subject rifle was an old returned Phoenix SWAT rifle. Everyone at POF is grieving right now. The 22 Rebel was not their primary firearm, and if there are issues, they need to be addressed. The last time I was there, they were so busy they couldn’t keep up with current orders, so my bet is they didn’t give the time necessary to insure that the OP’s Rebel worked properly.

I like the Rebel and I will purchase one in the near future. I’m not going to fight lines and the craziness, but as soon as I can I will get one. I’ve handled one, but I’ve never shot one. I like it much better than the Charger.
VERY SAD to hear about Frank! My heart goes out to his family!!

I am also in the industry, I definitely don't think their rifles are anywhere near the most reliable in the industry, OK AT BEST!
There is a reason MOST shops don't carry POF firearms.
Regardless if the Rebel is their primary firearm or not, at the price point it should be close to perfect! Busy or not, if they charge $600+ for a 22lr they should make sure it is ready to go! There have been way too many negative reviews and the fact the OP had the problems he had, says a lot about the firearm and POF!!!!

Last edited by mykdee; 06-27-2020 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 08:19 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Well Iíve had a POF Rebel since mid May this year.

1st range session didnít go so well. I had a bunch of FTE and a few FTF. I was trying bulk ammo (fed auto match, Winchester, etc... as well as some mid grade ammo).

2nd range session was totally different. I had taken the gun apart and wiped all the excess lube off (POF says to lube it liberally) and tried the same ammo (tried ruger 10 round, 15 round, and 25 round OEM mags and some butler creek 25 round mags).

2nd session I didnít have any FTE or FTF. It ran like a sewing machine.

3rd range session I mounted a 4-16 scope on it to test accuracy and once again it ran like a sewing machine. No problems.

Accuracy is someone lacking IMHO. With the ammo that I was testing it was minute of pop can at 50 yards. Totally good enough for my kids but after shooting Kidd barrels, reworked ruger barrels, tikka, CZ, etc... this gun is just a range/plinking gun.

I might pull the barrel and see how it is retained and see if randy canít do something with the barrel.

I will say. With it running like a champ my kids love shooting it. Itís their favorite 22 to shoot.

Also dropped in a POF 3.5 pound trigger in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2020, 09:13 PM
klw

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Update

Today I got an e-mail from POF about the second time it has been back for repairs. They found a spent case jammed into the trigger mechanism. That was one of the many things it was returned for the first time. I would have thought that they would have fixed this problem but, obviously, they did not.

So it would seem that this will just happen occasionally and you need to know how to clear such a jam. That does seem to be covered in the instruction manual, maybe.

Still this is, at least in my opinion, clearly a design flaw and one, apparently, that they are not going to address.
Old 08-03-2020, 08:02 PM
chipneedmore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klw View Post
Bought one at the local Sportsman's Warehouse. Failed on the first shot. It was trying to eject spent cases to the left. The ejection port was on the right. Also it would mangle spent cases with the round coming up from the magazine. Then too it could stuff this stuff down in the guts of the gun. Sometime they would jiggle out. Sometime not.

Sportsman's Warehouse refused to send it back to the factory. It was my gun so it was my problem.

POF did agree to pay return shipping. They got it on 4/30 and promised two day turnaround. As to 5/25 I haven't heard from them. No one is answering their phones. If you leave a message they do not return your call. E-mails are ignored.

I expected better from them.
I have the same problem with their customer service. No one answers the phone. Voice mails are not returned and emails are ignored. Sent my Rebel back for multiple problems over a month ago. Will NEVER buy from this company again !
Old 08-03-2020, 10:28 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipneedmore View Post
I have the same problem with their customer service. No one answers the phone. Voice mails are not returned and emails are ignored. Sent my Rebel back for multiple problems over a month ago. Will NEVER buy from this company again !

Thatís strange.

Which guy are you dealing with?

I sent another email today to Luis and got one back today.

Other than when Frank died they have been super fast on responding to my emails *shrugs*.

I even have the new booster (thank goodness my Rebel doesnít seem to need it or a suppressor to run well).

It would be interesting to see the difference between those that run and those that donít.

You guys that are having issues, how much lube do you have on yours?

I wiped a lot of my lube out and havenít had an issue and havenít cleaned it in almost 500 rounds of mixed ammo.

Accuracy is still not where I want it but I am tempted to pull the barrel and see what it would take to get it rechambered by Randy at cpc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk