Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-13-2021, 12:00 AM
motovita

TPC Rating: 
100% (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old 39 View Post
If the appearance of rifles is of no importance then why do people go out of their way to find full stocked CZ rifles? The full stock doesn't add anything to the functioning of the rifle, it just looks good.

Remember what Finn Aagaard said about the Brno Model 1. "They were built like proper rifles and they look like proper rifles." And Aagaard was a very practical and no nonsense sort of fellow.
It was Aagards writing that led me to my first BRNO. I can't remember if it was in American Rifleman or elsewhere. Do you have a link, or any info, about his writings on the BRNO .22?
Old 10-13-2021, 12:11 AM
old 39

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As a matter of fact, I typed that article out and posted it out this website. The easiest way to find it is to google "Brno Model 1 Finn Aaagaard Rimfirecentral Old 39". It comes up quicker than using the search feature on this website.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:27 AM
Gator49

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have 457 cz American while shooting . Every time I bolted a round in chamber was firing on its on. Did three times then would not shoot. Thought it was in trigger installed timney trigger. Still would not work. Had another 457 removed the bolt from it. Installed the bolt into the American that was having problems. It would work fine in my American. When putting in different 457 bolt. Then thinking had to be in firing pin installed new one. Still did not solve problem. Disassemble bolt several times looking for a problem to no avail. Then I Disassemble it again looking at different things could still see anything wrong. Put all back together decided I would try one more time slipped bolt back in gun. To see if it might work. Then it miraculously started working . Its working fine now. Just still can not figure what caused the problem was. what was wrong with it causing the issue. Just hope it does not malfunctions again.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:40 AM
Gator49

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any suggestions what caused my problem with cz 457 American . With the bolt
Old 10-15-2021, 12:19 PM
dodj
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gas_gunner View Post
Well......
I always do. Remember; "It is better to look good than to be good, but looking good and being good can be the same thing".

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Pretty sure kestrel was applying a touch of sarcasm there gunner
Old 10-15-2021, 02:04 PM
NIB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator49 View Post
Any suggestions what caused my problem with cz 457 American . With the bolt
Catching and not catching on the sear/tang good enough? Trigger possibly adjusted with too little contact? Adjusting trigger for more sear contact might be all that is needed. Assuming all else is correct with the working mechanism.

Sear/Tang @ 9:13 video location.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJnh...nel=MadMaxTrac
Old 10-16-2021, 07:38 AM
541X
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
My Tikka T1x did that when the trigger was adjusted below 2#. It is not nearly as nice a rifle as the CZ452/453/455/457. That's why I got the CZ457.