Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Difference between 702 and 802 magazine?

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Rosscoe 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm on the hunt for a 10 (or more) round magazine for my Zastava CZ-99, and have read that the 702 magazines fit them with only minor modification...

Unfortunately, being a semi-auto rifle, the 702's aren't very common here in Australia at all, but we can get the 802 Plinksters... i'm wondering how much difference there is between the magazines for each of these rifles?

Cheers,
Jason

#2 ·
I read somewhere,,,

I read somewhere,,,
That the only difference is a notch on the 702 magazine,,,
That allows it to hold the bolt open after the last shot has been fired.

It might have been a notch or something on the follower.

But truly, the only way to know if they work,,,
Is to try one out.

Aarond

#3 ·
I just compared my 803 (just a relabelled 802) to my 702 mag. The only difference I see is that the top bar (red) in the 702 mag sticks up high to hold the bold open on the last shot (semi) and the green bar on the 802 doesn't do that.

Just a side note here is the 803 mag is a replacement to the 25 round mag on the 715 semi. The 25 round mag is now prohibited here in Canada as that mag also fits a pistol that I have never seen sold in Canada. The "803" is just a sticker over the "802" on the package. - Bill

#4 ·
The only difference is the LSHO follower, 702 has it, 802 does not. They are interchangeable, but an 802 bolt will not close on an empty 702 magazine and a 702 will lose the LSHO with an 802 magazine.

#6 ·
Hi guys, I'm on the hunt for a 10 (or more) round magazine for my Zastava CZ-99, and have read that the 702 magazines fit them with only minor modification... Unfortunately, being a semi-auto rifle, the 702's aren't very common here in Australia at all, but we can get the 802 Plinksters... i'm wondering how much difference there is between the magazines for each of these rifles? Cheers, Jason
I just reas that the difference between the two is that the 802 is bolt action and the 702 is semi auto

#8 ·
Thanks for the info guys... was hoping that it would be something along those lines! Will see if i can get my hands on/borrow an 802/803 magazine and try it out for size!
I, too am looking to acquire a good 22lr rifle. I have been reading reviews on similarly priced rifles and found that the Rossi RS22 is well reviewed on two different forums I looked up. Retail price of the RS22 is $150.00 here in California. I prefer the semi auto over the bolt action. Can’t beat the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.