Info on TOZ rings, SOBOL and KORSHUN rifles... - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 AM
beammeupscotty

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Info on TOZ rings, SOBOL and KORSHUN rifles...

First off, I emailed Kalinka Optics warehouse a while back and got no response, so yesterday I did it again and got something back this a.m. According Andrew Koslov at Kalinka, the VOMZ two piece mounts for the TOZ-78 will not be part of their product offerings due to price and quality issues. He indicates

"The best-in-class TOZ-78 top mounts made by EST were ordered and we expect them to arrive in the beginning of September."

He didn't indicate what the price would be. This mount is shown in the TOZ mounts thread. It appears to be a one piece mount and is rather short. I don't know if it is supposed to be mounted straddling the ejection port or behind it.

I also called RAA recently regarding availability of the SOBOL and KORSHUN rifles, because it appears nobody in the country (at least on the web) stocks either of them. The person at RAA I spoke to indicated that he actually had several of each rifle on hand, but that they were not selling because the price was signficantly higher on both of them than on the BB. This is a function of the pricing to him from the factory, nothing really to do with RAA itself. Distributor price on the SOBOL (which appears to be a BB in a fancier stock, with sights mounted) is higher than the price most dealers are retailing the BB at. The KORSHUN, which is likely perceived as competition for the 10/22 , also sells to the distributor at a price high enough to make it unattractive for dealers to carry.

If anyone really feels that they need one of these rifles, they can try to get one of the authorized distributors to order one for them, but be prepared for a shock on pricing. I spoke to a distributor in Idaho that RAA recommended to me, but their price on the BB was nearly $75.00 more than many other dealers sell the gun for, to wit, over $400.00 compared to the $330.00 level others offer the BB for. Not a good choice in dealers and I didn't even bother to ask what his price on the SOBOL would be.

I ordered a BB instead yesterday. Should be at my dealer in 10 days or so.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
30 mm & 1 inch Rings - Improved TOZ-78 Mount by EST

These are questions I emailed to Kalinka Optics Warehouse®. And, the responses I've received.

Incidently, if I remember correctly, another forum member had previously commented
that the mounts were going to be,somewhat, pricey - $50 to $60.

Quote:
That mount looks sweet, but $70 is a little bit pricier than I was hoping to spend.
Moreover, the mounts were displayed at the Kalinka website for a short time - then, no more.
AOM22

I have been trying to locate the telescopic mount shown on the TOZ 78 SOUVENIR
Can you identify the scope and mount shown in the image?
If you can, do you sell the scope and mount?

Quote:
The mount is improved version of TOZ-78 mount made by our partner EST.
We will be able to offer these improved mounts in the beginning of
next year.
As for scopes, they are PO 4x32 Pilad. You could find them there
http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=50.
Fell free should you ask any other questions.

Best regards,

Andrew Kozlov
Kalinka Optics Team

What is the website for your partner EST?
Quote:
Unfortunately, they don't have web-site.

Improved See-Thru Mount by EST

EST Gen 2 Russian TOZ 78, TOZ 99, BE 7 Top Mount w/ 30 mm Rings
This thread for 1 inch (26mm) rings

Quote:
This great top mount is manufactured by the well-known EST factory,
one of the main suppliers to the Tule Arsenal AK factory. The mount is designed
for the popular TOZ 78, TOZ 99 and BE 7.
This mount has never been available in
the West until now and is very difficult to find even in Russia. This is an updated
design just released in 2007. The mount places your optic directly on the
center-line of the rifle and keeps your scope low for ideal cheek weld.
Manufactured from weapons-grade steel to last a lifetime.

According to the diagram from Kalinka Optics
the mounting rail width of the TOZ 78 & 99 is 8.5 mm wide.

Last edited by aom22; 08-28-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Edit Text for Clarity
Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ammo Stows in Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscotty View Post
.... the SOBOL (which appears to be a BB in a fancier stock, with sights mounted) is higher than the price most dealers are retailing the BB at.
The stock has a trapdoor for magazine storage - I think for three.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dealer Quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by beammeupscotty View Post
If anyone really feels that they need one of these rifles, they can try to get one of the authorized distributors to order one for them, but be prepared for a shock on pricing. I spoke to a distributor in Idaho that RAA recommended to me, but their price on the BB was nearly $75.00 more than many other dealers sell the gun for, to wit, over $400.00 compared to the $330.00 level others offer the BB for. Not a good choice in dealers and I didn't even bother to ask what his price on the SOBOL would be.

I ordered a BB instead yesterday. Should be at my dealer in 10 days or so.

Did you ask you dealer (not distributor or importer) for a price quote on a SOBOL or KORSHUM.

It is the dealer that sets the final price regardless of manufactures suggested retail price.
Moreover, since RAA isn't selling their inventory.
Perhaps, a dealer might get a clearance price inorder to move the guns.
You won't know ... unless you ask.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 PM
beammeupscotty

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"Did you ask you dealer (not distributor or importer) for a price quote"

No I didn't and I didn't for a very good reason. The person I spoke to at RAA confided in me that the DISTRIBUTOR price on the Sobol, is higher than the RETAIL price the BB is being sold for in some places. He told me the actual price, however I agreed to not actually reveal it here, or anywhere else. HIS pricing from the factory is very high and drives distributor and retail pricing. RAA does not understand why the Sobol and the Korshun are priced so high, and the factory appears uninterested in budging on the price.

I did, however call the gun shop in Idaho who is the distributor for RAA products in the West, and HIS price on the BB was so high that asking about the Sobol would have been idiotic. I am not really interested in paying close to $500.00 for a BB with iron sights (that I would never use) and a storage area for magazines in the stock. I will be content with my BB I think, which I will be picking it up tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sobol Dealer

beammeupscotty ... If RAA has unsold rifles in inventory?

Stanley's Pro Shop
Sobol - .22LR Rifle - 19.6 Inch Barrel

Availability: Out of Stock Notify me!
SKU:S-IZ-150
Retail Price: $549.96
Your Price: $457.96
You save 17%!
Qty to Order: