Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-25-2003, 03:44 PM
KF9VH
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Aguila Sub-Sonic

Has anyone tried their sub-sonic ammo? If so how is it accuracy wise?

Thanks

Mike
Old 01-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Desert Pete
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've tried both the Aguilla subsonic HP and Solid in my Izhmash. The hollow point did fairly well at an average of .555" for 20 groups at 50yds. The solid didn't do as well at .675". As a comparison, the best load, Wolf Match Target, averages .434" in this rifle. The only other subsonic I tried in this rfle, Remington's, was the absolute bottom dweller on a list of 32 different loads at .810".
Old 01-26-2003, 04:34 PM
sub10/22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
fast twist??

A friend of mine tested the 60gr Aguila in his AMT and the result was the projectile hitting the target sideways! I think for this ammo to shoot well you would need a fast twist barrel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2003, 10:48 PM
Ziplok
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Post Just picked up a couple of bricks of Their Subsonic loads

Both are 40gr solids =The Aguila SE (Super Extra) and a loading I'd only just read about + Their SV Golden Eagle 50/50 Match Pistol.
I've shot the HP SE loadings with good accuracy in the past, so It'll be interesting to see how the solids perform.
The Golden Eagle = gotta see how my Hi Standard likes the stuff, also if the target rifles like it.
I've been a fan of the various Aguila rimfire loads from their Colibris to their 30gr Hypervelocity load. Oh yea, their SSS too if I could just figure out what it's good for in the rifles with a fast enough twist (1/14" or faster) to stabelize those long heavy bullets.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:20 AM
solocatsailor

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
fast twist

The concensus is that a 1:9 twist ratio is ideal for the Aguila SSS. A twist of 1:16 will produce keyholing. Bear in mind however, that a 1:9 twist while ideal for the subsonic heavies like SSS and Scoremax, will produce less than ideal results when used with lighter rounds.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/catalog...r=114131884903

solocatsailor~~~~~~~~~~~~~_/) ~~~
Old 01-27-2003, 04:38 AM
Happy Gardener

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Split Opinions

The posters here seem to run 50/50 on Aguila ammo. My experience with their Match Pistol ammo is good. The crummy ammo brands I have tried seem to have a few things in common: Dirty burning powder, squibs, unburnt powder spewing out the muzzle, failure to fire duds, jamming of gun due to residue buildup. I plan on trying other Aguila ammo but some shooters have been unhappy with it, depends on who you ask???