I think Vudoo is overpriced for what you get. - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-07-2019, 11:36 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think Vudoo is overpriced for what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVAGE View Post
Barreled action is $1770 (includes one mag), DBM is $200, magazines are $39.95 each (three for $99).

MB
For $1500, you can buy a good used fully loaded custom benchrest gun with tuner that will shoot way better. My latest Suhl 150 Shilen ratchet 4 groove barrel smithed by Don Blue was about that price and it came with a Japan Tasco 36x scope. My first Suhl won't touch it. My point is why a Vudoo when you can buy way more accurate for less?

Last edited by Sophia; 11-08-2019 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 11:39 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guess I am confused.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:21 AM
SDWhirlwind
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKE1022 View Post
Guess I am confused.
Perhaps you are?

I don't recall reading here or anywhere else where Mr Bush or Vudoo pressured anyone into buying their "expensive" product? However I will be the first to admit my shortcomings.

Accuracy is super important, especially with an expensive rifle like the Vudoo. Perhaps some of your being "confused" is that the Vudoo is compatible with any Rem 700 stock, any 700 trigger, different scope mounting than many foreign rigs and while some don't care for the mag setup I think a larger percentage of buyers buy for that reason. You want BR accuracy guaranteed for your money, well Sir, hate to speak for Mr Bush but he sure as heck had somebody other than BR shooters in mind when he designed, engineered and produced the Vudoo. Also how many different Suhl's or whatever can you order just how you want and have them at the range in a month or so??

Please keep in mind that perhaps Mr Bush forgot to consult with you but I guarantee you he gathered his information on what a different population of shooters other than BR types wanted/would buy. Just how many rifles would Vudoo sell a year if their plan was to only build BR rifles? A pretty small market already with established builders.

Respectfully,
Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 12:29 AM
ocabj

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Couple of 5-shot groups I shot at 200 yards the other day.

• Vudoo Gun Works V-22 (30 moa base)
  • 20" Bartlein MTU Contour
  • TriggerTech Diamond Pro Curved
  • MPA BA Competition Chassis
  • ARC M10 34mm, 28mm height rings
  • Kahles K525i SKMR3 LSW

Old 11-08-2019, 01:13 AM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWhirlwind View Post
Perhaps you are?

I don't recall reading here or anywhere else where Mr Bush or Vudoo pressured anyone into buying their "expensive" product? However I will be the first to admit my shortcomings.

Accuracy is super important, especially with an expensive rifle like the Vudoo. Perhaps some of your being "confused" is that the Vudoo is compatible with any Rem 700 stock, any 700 trigger, different scope mounting than many foreign rigs and while some don't care for the mag setup I think a larger percentage of buyers buy for that reason. You want BR accuracy guaranteed for your money, well Sir, hate to speak for Mr Bush but he sure as heck had somebody other than BR shooters in mind when he designed, engineered and produced the Vudoo. Also how many different Suhl's or whatever can you order just how you want and have them at the range in a month or so??

Please keep in mind that perhaps Mr Bush forgot to consult with you but I guarantee you he gathered his information on what a different population of shooters other than BR types wanted/would buy. Just how many rifles would Vudoo sell a year if their plan was to only build BR rifles? A pretty small market already with established builders.

Respectfully,
Dennis
Hey thanks for the friendly response. I just think Vudoo is overpriced for what you get. Folks that buy them it's their money. But I still don't get it. A lot of money for a barreled action.

My point was a factory barreled gun made way back in the 70's would still out shoot the new Vudoos as well as would the older Anschutz 54's for that matter. And these Vudoo's are made with today's custom barrels.

Now not to offend but either customers aren't doing these Vudoo's justice, or Vudoo is not doing a very good job and cutting their customers short.

Last edited by ILIKE1022; 11-08-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
Quote:
Guess I am confused.
Your Suhl is a single shot rifle, in a benchrest stock with a tuner. The Vudoo can be stocked in anything a Remington 700 will fit in, and feeds from a magazine. It's really that simple.

There are but few benchrest capable repeaters out there and they go for more than a Suhl single shot. Look at the Anschutz 1827, Fortner Biathlons, 54R's, and the 17 series. All are pretty pricey and even the Sako Quad/Quad Range are $1-1.5k. If you want small groups at a set range and are ok with a single shot, you can get something less expensive. But if you want a repeater that's built to run like a PRS gun. The Vudoo is it.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:49 AM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If I want a repeater that is more accurate, I will just shoot my Joe Chacon 10/22.

Last edited by ILIKE1022; 11-08-2019 at 10:53 AM.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:25 PM
KyleAllen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
For $1500, you can buy a good used fully loaded custom benchrest gun with tuner that will shoot way better. My latest Suhl 150 Shilen ratchet 4 groove barrel smithed by Don Blue was about that price and it came with a Japan Tasco 36x scope. My first Suhl won't touch it. My point is why a Vudoo when you can buy way more accurate for less?
Not to be argumentative, but, I have both a Vudoo and a couple of Custom Benchrest Rifles.

They are designed to do different things. My best ARA target with the Vudoo was 2200. The Custom rifles have both shot a best of 2400, but Agg lower at 2270. Fifty yards, Indoors, off of a one-piece Rest.

Please send me a PM when you see one of those $1500, fully loaded, Custom Benchrest Guns come up for sale. I have not seen one recently.

A Shilen barrel is $300 and fitting it is another $300, so curious how you kept your Suhl under $1,500.

Have you shot any ARA Targets with your rifle. The Wallet Groups are nice.

Using TargetScan to measure groups, my Vudoo will shoot 20 shots (compiled from 4 groups of 5 shots each) w a Max Spread of .46” and a MR of .139”. Fifty yards, Indoors, off of a one-piece Rest, Center-X, feeding from the magazine.

The Custom guns are more accurate than the Vudoo. Shooting an ARA target and using OnTarget to evaluate:

Brand
Eley Match

Lot #.
1019-06213

Mean Radius .083

Max Spread CTC .38

Converted to Meters 16.1mm

Last edited by KyleAllen; 11-08-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:03 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Hey thanks for the friendly response. I just think Vudoo is overpriced for what you get. Folks that buy them it's their money. But I still don't get it. A lot of money for a barreled action.

My point was a factory barreled gun made way back in the 70's would still out shoot the new Vudoos as well as would the older Anschutz 54's for that matter. And these Vudoo's are made with today's custom barrels.

Now not to offend but either customers aren't doing these Vudoo's justice, or Vudoo is not doing a very good job and cutting their customers short.
Quote:
If I want a repeater that is more accurate, I will just shoot my Joe Chacon 10/22.

You certainly have the right to think whatever you want, but generally, people think what they do based on their own capacity to fully understand the subject matter. Those in this thread making comments contrary to yours are doing so based on practical experience you likely don't have.

So, a couple questions to quantify my position here and to see if you posses the practical experience displayed by others; have you ever shot a Vudoo? Do you own or have you owned a Vudoo? If so, were you pleased with its performance? Displeased? Have you ever spoken to anyone from Vudoo and asked various questions to ensure a comprehensive understanding of what it's all about? If your answers to these questions are, "no," then my opening statement is accurate.

While you obviously have a nice rifle, you're entering this thread with an apples-to-oranges mindset. I know Joe Chacon and have spoken to him in depth numerous times about the proper execution of methods that contribute to accuracy and performance (most recent conversation was last week) and your targets illustrate the fruits of his efforts to deliver an incredible rifle.

However, V-22s that go through the Lapua and Eley test facilities easily produce the same or better level of accuracy and consistency displayed in your targets. So, bear in mind, I know the targets you posted were shot after your rifle was paired with ammo capable of producing those groups.

The Vudoo targets posted here, not so much; hence the apples-to-oranges mindset/comparison and your inability to understand the subject matter at a level that allows you to make relevant comments in this thread. Not trying to be contentious, pompous, arrogant, etc., just keeping things in proper perspective.

Thanks,
MB
Old 11-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Cuzz
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
if your gun aint like mine, you paid too much for it and its no good😳
Old 11-08-2019, 05:34 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well lots of eyebrows raised. Well I knew I would be the underdog in this race so to speak. I mean after all it's a Vudoo thread and I am a outsider.

So the $1500 used custom was asked and where. Ok I will bite. Answer was here in classifieds. Suhl 150 hardly even shot. Smithed by Don Blue with a Shilen ratchet 4 groove barrel. It has a cone breech and yes it shoots. I stole it for that price. But I have seen other good used guns here for right around that price maybe $300 more. But make no mistake they do exist.

Now I bought this gun as it sits below.

Here's what it did after 1.5 boxes of Eley Match black box off #1 machine and after small tuner tweaks ended up on setting 57.

I put it up after that.

Now I am giving you my view on what I have seen here and the targets. For using today's custom barrels as Vudoo is doing, I am still asking the question why.

Last edited by ILIKE1022; 11-08-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:45 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Well lots of eyebrows raised. Well I knew I would be the underdog in this race so to speak. I mean after all it's a Vudoo thread and I am a outsider.

So the $1500 used custom was asked and where. Ok I will bite. Answer was here in classifieds. Suhl 150 hardly even shot. Smithed by Don Blue with a Shilen ratchet 4 groove barrel. It has a cone breech and yes it shoots. I stole it for that price. But I have seen other good used guns here for right around that price maybe $300 more. But make no mistake they do exist.

Now I bought this gun as it sits below.

Here's what it did after 1.5 boxes of Eley Match black box off #1 machine and after small tuner tweaks ended up on setting 57.

I put it up after that.

Now I am giving you my view on what I have seen here and the targets I have seen. For using today's custom barrels as Vudoo is doing, I am still asking the question why.
Do you have pics of the targets prior to tuning? Do you shoot this or other of your similar rifles in NRL22 or Rimfire PRS events? Do you ever use a bipod and rear bag as your method of shooting off the bench or prone? Are your bolt action platforms single shot or repeater?

A bit closer to remedial here....the Vudoo's in this thread don't have tuners, was designed for a completely different shooting discipline, they're repeaters, most everyone is using a bipod and rear bag.

If you bought a used rifle for $1500, then that's awesome, great job, but no one posting about the actual topic in this thread has purchased a used Vudoo, so what relevance does anything you're trying to convey have to do with what others here are posting?

MB

Last edited by RAVAGE; 11-08-2019 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:48 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well judging by the targets here it will take more than a tuner to help Vudoo guns.
Old 11-08-2019, 05:52 PM
RAVAGE

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Well judging by the targets here it will take more than a tuner to help Vudoo guns.
Good job Dude, there ya go....point well made. Can't intelligently answer the questions I'm asking, but can certainly arrive at an irrelevant conclusion by effectively misunderstanding what's truly relevant. You win the internet tonight....

MB

Last edited by RAVAGE; 11-08-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:00 PM
ILIKE1022

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Look all I gave here was my honest opinion. If a Vudoo is what you are wanting in the gun you need, by all means get one. Heck, buy 2. It's your money.