New-style Blazers for $7.50/brick, what do you think? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Nick B

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New-style Blazers for $7.50/brick, what do you think?

I'm sorry, I've beat the "what's the best bulk ammo" question to death with a couple previous posts already, but just wanted to know how the new-style Blazers (the ones that look just like Fed. Lightnings) have performed. The local Fleet Farm has these for $7.50/500. I wish I could just go shoot some and find out for myself, but -20F temps tend to keep me indoors! I used a lot of the old-style Blazers several years ago in a stock 10/22 with good results; very reliable, good accuracy, only dirty-burning. Have the new ones given anyone the same results? Thanks.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:18 PM
AK
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Blazers are one of my favorite plinking bullets. I get them for $7.89 a brick and they feed reliably in all my 10/22's. I have never really sat down with them to see what kind of groups my rifles will produce. I have always just used them for shootin cans and whatever else is laying around. I guess that I will have to try them out when the weather gets warmer.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Cornbread2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I shoot these all the time. You can find lots of these that have weak rounds but recently they have been very good.

The last ten or so bricks I have bought have been perfect.

Buy a few boxes first. If they are good buy as many as you can afford from the same lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2003, 03:24 PM
glen1
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like blazers in my 10/22. That is the best price I have ever seen. They're about 11-12/ brick in my area.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:54 PM
Wyatt_Earp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Blazers are pretty sweet. I like them cause they are good enough for plinking and they dont foul up my rifle, especially the magazine, very much.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:01 PM
el solo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
pop, pop, pop, click, pop, stovepipe

Maybe I ougfht to try them again. I bought one brick a few months back that were no good. I mean, they were not half as good as the remmy golden bullet value pack. At least one per magazine would not fire, and one per mag would stovepipe. Happened in both the 10/22 and the colt woodsman. So you guys like em, my experiences are out of the norm?
Old 01-29-2003, 11:33 AM
renman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I recently purchased a brick of these Blazers for about $12 (I'm assuming we are talking about the CCI Blazers) and found them to be a very dirty, sooty, shot. Also I found that at least one or two shots per magazine were very underpowered and did not eject completely. I shot about 300 rounds and my gun has never been as dirty.