Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:26 PM
GTOBOSS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillOH View Post
When you buy a new car, you can order the options you want. That is not a Custom Car. If you then send your car to a speed or custom shop for modifications, then it is a custom.

When I ordered my Vudoo I picked from their set of options. If I sent it to a gunsmith for modifications, then it would be a custom.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:53 PM
TheShootist

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillOH View Post
When you buy a new car, you can order the options you want. That is not a Custom Car. If you then send your car to a speed or custom shop for modifications, then it is a custom.

When I ordered my Vudoo I picked from their set of options. If I sent it to a gunsmith for modifications, then it would be a custom.
For you and Kyle.

Im not trying to look down on anyone on this thread either.
I hope nobody takes it that way. I just have an unconventional writing style.
I do know how to insult people when its necessary , but that's not what I am doing now. lol

When the folks at Vudoo built your gun, do you think they called in a Used car salesman, or a mechanic, to cut your match chamber, or was it done by a gunsmith?

The barrels on the Vudoo v22 are slugged before the crown is cut.
The chamber is a match chamber cut/reamed for Lapua centerX. The lead is polished. The headspace on mine is .043 with a stripped bolt. Meaning extractors and firing pin removed. ( the right way), The locking lugs on mine are perfect contact. No problems there.
It's called the Ravage chamber. Nobody's reinventing the wheel here. You could send your gun to Gunsmiths X,Y and Z and have them fit a barrel if you like. I'm partial to Mark Penrods work. But mine was done by Jay at Vudoo. I can assure you that he knows what he's doing.

For those of you who don't know,
If I sat here and wrote down all the chambers available for a .22 rimfire, I would be here for some time.......and I would still probably miss a few.

For Sophia who loves to suspend me. Don't do it. Im behaving myself. lol

The barrel is a in house barrel made by an older gent who has been doing it for quite some time. Polished to a mirror finish. I went through the story about the barrel already. It's not a Bartlein 5 groove. I discovered that by chance. Paul and Mike both offered to switch it for the Bartlein. I declined because it shoots soooooooooo soooo good. Jay knew what I wanted. He gave me what I wanted. This gun does NOT throw any cold bore flier. And you don't have to hang/CLAMP an adjustable weight off it. Or , tuner as they call it.

They offer this in house barrel, and if you are not happy with it, they will replace it at no charge. I do not know of anyone who builds guns that will do that. But Vudoo , does.

My gun is Pillared and its bedded. That was at my request. Most often the V22 is only Pillared. Cost you about another 200- 225 bucks if you want this done. I was gonna do it myself.

The Trigger is a Trigger tech Diamond, and mine is set as low as it will go.
It's a little under 4 ounces. I could hang a Jewell in there if I want. take about 10 minutes. And then I could take it down to an ounce and a half. I may end up doing that. But for now , its a nice trigger. I'm not disappointed with it.

Bottom line is Vudoo does not have incompetent people building guns that don't know what they are doing. They are selling 100 to 120 of these per month. Do any of you think people would be buying them,,,,,,and some of them coming back and buying again,,,,if incompetent , non gunsmith people were throwing them together?

Anyway,.,.,,,,,I hope I didnt offend anybody. I know how easy that can happen around here.

T.S.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:57 PM
flatlander
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Seems like a lot of nit-picking going on, just to decide whether a rifle built on a custom action, with a custom bbl, custom trigger, custom stock or chassis, is really a custom rifle. All because Vudoo Gun Works has the skilled riflesmiths to produce a custom rifle in quantity? Guys, I've built custom rifles on factory M700 actions, and they're still custom rifles. Gimme a break - look at GA Precision - they buy their custom actions in quantity, and offer built-to-order rifles, as well as give their customers a choice of ready-built rifles. Tell me these aren't custom rifles.

I put my first precision 22RF rifle together around a Stiller 2500XR action, with a Krieger blank that I fitted & chambered, with a Jewell trigger, in a Manners T4A stock - I sure as heck know that it's a custom rifle. The next two were on CMP 40X & 40XB actions that I'd sent to Jonathan Elrod to have Mike Bush's repeater conversion done, and then had shipped back to me to be barreled. They were/are custom rifles. Then I bought a V-22 action, barreled it here in my shop, bedded it into a Manners T4A Elite, added a Jewell trigger...know what? - I consider that a custom rifle. The next two V-22s were purchased as bbl'd actions, then put into Manners stocks after I'd installed Trigger Tech Diamond triggers. Why in anyone's mind does the fact that the guys at VGW did the bbl work make these non-custom rifles?

Whatever, I'm thoroughly enjoying the three V-22s I own, along with the last 40XB I built. If someone wants to try to make the argument that they're not custom rifles, fire away....
Old 04-10-2019, 10:15 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I guess I now own a few more Custom guns than I did this morning.

I agree, itís not an argument worth having.

I enjoy them all.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:25 PM
Ett2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hello all,
Let me say first awesome looking action! But I'm interested in a single shot, do the make one? (Finger's crossed)... I would love one if I can get a single shot, I have enough repeaters now unfortunately. And I can't see it shooting any better then my 541-ts .. both are worked by Volker.. so I'm hoping for a single shot.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:47 PM
wolfshoon
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ett2 View Post
Hello all,
Let me say first awesome looking action! But I'm interested in a single shot, do the make one? (Finger's crossed)... I would love one if I can get a single shot, I have enough repeaters now unfortunately. And I can't see it shooting any better then my 541-ts .. both are worked by Volker.. so I'm hoping for a single shot.
They have a SSA single shot adapter : https://vudoogunworks.com/product/si...sert-aluminum/
Old 09-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Tap

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Ett2, I have had several 541-s and HB and T and some 40x.
all worked over by Buch Hongisto , considered the best for that.
NONE shoot as well as my Vudoo. NONE!
Old 09-15-2019, 12:40 PM
Cuzz
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
which stock, barrel, trigger do you have!
Old 09-15-2019, 04:50 PM
Ett2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap View Post
Ett2, I have had several 541-s and HB and T and some 40x.
all worked over by Buch Hongisto , considered the best for that.
NONE shoot as well as my Vudoo. NONE!
I'ma not say your wrong because I've never shot a voodoo. But unless it'll shoot zeros at 50yrds (I don't mean .090 either) it'd be hard to improve upon my 541-T's. I've shoot .075 at 50 yards with RWS rifle, not even the good stuff, Geico match will group at .097.. not saying that voodoo won't, but I can't see spending that much on a repeater when I have 2 that's fantastic. My factory barrel 541-T has gotten Mr a few Hof points in ir50-50 also..
I just want a single shot LV gun.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:59 PM
BillOH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bringing this back to the top.

Vudoo's are great. I'm waiting on UPS to bring the Nightforce 7-35 scope that is going to replace the Vortex 5-25. I decided I need more power.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:36 PM
Cuzz
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Vudoo

Mine is in the county now but the ffl that i used is closed all day today and its 90 percent rain tomorrow but if possible ,i will shoot it tomorrow. I hope to at least get it close to sighted in according to how much rain. I will attempt to post my first 50 shots, including sight in. ive got a colt one piece mount that came with an ar15, does anybody know why that wont work for a while? Weaver t 24 is a 1” tube like the scope mount.

Last edited by Cuzz; 10-30-2019 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:57 PM
triggerfingers
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Guess itís time

Looking to order my Vudoo rifle. Thinking since will be mainly a Benchrest rifle of getting a 20Ē MTU contour barrel in a Foundation Genesis stock. Calvin Elite trigger. I plan on putting my Nightforce Competition 15-55 scope on it and maybe a 10 moa rail. Scope only has 55 total moa in it, I donít plan on shooting past 100 yards, maybe 200. I canít find much in action and barrel color, I will probably go with graphite black.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:20 PM
J Scott

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzz View Post
Mine is in the county now but the ffl that i used is closed all day today and its 90 percent rain tomorrow but if possible ,i will shoot it tomorrow. I hope to at least get it close to sighted in according to how much rain. I will attempt to post my first 50 shots, including sight in. ive got a colt one piece mount that came with an ar15, does anybody know why that wont work for a while? Weaver t 24 is a 1Ē tube like the scope mount.
Cuzz-if you are considering shooting at longer distances with your V22 using the T24, the inclined rail that you have on your V22 and these 1" Burris Signature Rings that have up to an additional 40 MOA using the supplied inserts, should help you get there. https://www.burrisoptics.com/mountin...ignature-rings

I have these same rings for my Leupold 6.5-20x40 which is a one inch tube and use the Burris Signature 1.00" height and I have plenty of barrel and bolt clearance along with the ability to adjust MOA inclination.

Hope you are able to sleep tonight b/c tomorrow is your Vudoo Day!
Old 10-31-2019, 06:23 AM
Cuzz
National Guard Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile

Yup, todays the day, and i am excited, got up a hour early. But im probably gona back out on the 50 shot target today, im seeing 16 mph wind by the time i git ffl’ed scoped and to the range. im sure you dont want my “in the wind“ targets posted, but im not gona cherry pick either. I dont know about most folks but im generally hopeful, when i see a 0’s to 1’s single 5 shot group i tend to hope my guns gona do that all the time. Im afraid im a bit of a day dreamer. I will surely let you know how we are doing. If my additions close, lapua testing put about 400 thru it. Later.
TC
I dont plan to go past 100 yd often.

Last edited by Cuzz; 10-31-2019 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:27 AM
J Scott

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Don't blame you one bit, Cuz. +P winds in TN too. I hope you pass the background check