Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:59 PM
kgc54

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenatBMS View Post
Sporting a new look. The wood turned out way to "pink" and not what I was wanting. I will have to figure out a way to darken it up.

Smoking it with a propane torch may help. Never tried that technique on a stock but it does do some interesting effects on wood planking.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:55 AM
Sieg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The .17HMR tool doing it's intended job, Hazelnut orchard protection. 310 digger squirrels KIA so far this season.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:01 PM
JustChuck
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been breaking in my RART and getting ready for a NRL22 match next week. She's pretty much stock - I did change out the trigger spring for an ink pen spring. Added a cheek riser, flush cups, and Magpul sling. The scope is a Cabela's Convenant 6-24 X 50 FFP - Christmas tree type retical in MOA.

She eats up CCI SV pretty well with some sub-MOA groups at 50 and the one time I used Lapua Center X produced a .41MOA group after the first 10 rounds.

I almost got the CZ 455 instead of this but since I already had a 10/22 and lots of mags, sooo... here we are. No complaints about this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _BAN0362.jpg (364.4 KB, 20 views)
Old 01-10-2019, 10:23 PM
starlingassassin
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
heres mine

22lr thumbhole model,
with a discovery optics 3-12x44 side focus W/half mil dot reticle,
louse lips mag tray,
and added a rail to the stock for an atlas (knockoff) bipod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190110_152932.jpg (522.7 KB, 26 views)
Old 01-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Black_Catfish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Sighted it in on New Years eve and it's a tack driver. Super happy with this thing.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:06 AM
0reo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My 8yo son's birthday present and his first gun (bottom, top one is mine.) I cut down a Talo 22lr to youth size. The barrel is 16.25" and threaded with a seamless thread/muzzle protector which provides a nicely recessed target crown. Barrel work done by LRI Inc. I swapped the original gold bead front sight for the fiber-optic version. Length of pull is 12.5". I cut the stock myself with a melonite blade and fixturing described by a MidwayUSA video. Grind to fit recoil pad took me two tries to get just right. I chamferred all the sharp edges Ruger left. Brownell's competitor plus sling. Comes in at 5.3lbs with magazine.

I believe this is a better youth gun then the CZ for several reasons. The CZ is heavier. The weight is the first thing my son notices because he's only ever known ultra-light BB guns. The safety on the RAR is preferable imo, as is the bolt release. Then there's the Ruger magazines. Stainless for low maintenance rust prevention. The seamless muzzle protector looks great while providing a lot of much needed protection to the crown. Sticking the muzzle in the dirt seems to come naturally to kids and I'm working hard to break my son of that habbit, but that protector will save the day if he forgets.

Anyway, I'm proud of my son and I'm proud of the rifle I built for him.

Last edited by 0reo; 10-20-2019 at 07:14 PM.