Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Fixing a Misaligned Hole In reciever

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  BobSc 
#1 ·
Is it possible to fill in/fix a misaligned scope base hole & then redrill the receiver correctly through part of the fixed hole

#7 ·
The gun in question here is a Remington 511 that has been previously drilled and tapped for a 1 piece 3/8" dovetail scope base with only one hole both in front and behind the action openung. I ran a piece of string from the front screw hole for the rear sight down to the back hole that I thought was misaligned and the string actually appears to be running straight. So more then likely the rear hole is in the right location after all. But I will be taking it to a gun smith to have it drilled and tapped for 2 weaver bases and I will let him just decide.

#8 ·
Sometimes it is just easier and less costly to buy gunsmith bases and drill the holes in the base to match the receiver holes. Warne, Weaver, and Leupold make them and they aren't real expensive. I made up some Leupold bases for my Win 75 Sporter to match up to some existing holes in the receiver and they came out great, fit like a glove, and are rock solid.

Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.