Bummed about my 922M - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:46 AM
handirifle
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

OK
Will have to wait and see what they come up with. It did click into place, I made sure of that in the field.

The more we talk, the more it seems like it's going up too far, but since the dealer has it, nothing I can do just yet.

No other 922 anywhere in this valley, let alone the shop.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:57 AM
Wolf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got a 922M and had a great deal of trouble with ejection issues. It did come with the 7 round mags.

I contacted Marlin and sent it back to them at their request. They ended up doing a bunch of stuff, I can't recall but I think they replaced the bolt among other things, maybe they just worked on it.

Anyway, they also exchanged the mags, two for one and sent it on back. Since then it has worked flawlessly. I guess they had some problems with the rifle as they soon after removed it from their lineup, but they were able to satisfactorily fix mine.

Hurray For Indy
Old 03-17-2007, 03:42 AM
smbob

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Feed Problems

I agree with Chunkchucker. Keep your chamber clean and get a different mag. You might want to try different brands of ammo as well.

Robert
Old 03-17-2007, 10:58 AM
snogator
US Army

in the middle of the chippawa national forest Northern MN
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
922m

My 5 shot clip says 5 SHOT on the bottom . The bottom is blued. Marlin worked on my feed problems --no cost, just shipping one way---also replaced original clip--this one is blued on the bottom. Bill
Old 10-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Newtire
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Chunkchucker. I think this may be the troubles I am having! I was about ready to give up on it.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:51 AM
Newtire
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
922 M Fixed finally

Just to say Thanks! for the help in fixing my 922 M.

To clarify the fix for mine:
The magazine lip sticking up in the front interfered with the rim of the case and caused it to get stuck halfway out of the chamber. In addition, the next round coming into position would get hit by the bolt and push the bullet in. Just lucky that it didn't set off the round!

I ground off enough of the magazine lip to allow a chambered round to fall freely from the chamber. Such a simple fix. Makes me wonder how long it will hold up considering the magazine well and magazine locking parts are made out of some sort of polymer. I guess we will see.

So, once again, Thank you for helping me bring back this old soldier.

Newtire