Adams & Bennett Fluted/Compensated how does it compare? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:29 PM
biggrizzly
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Adams & Bennett Fluted/Compensated how does it compare?

I have been out of the rimfire shooting for a few years, as I got the .40 cal bug for a while. Now I'm digging out my old stuff and buying a new MKIII. However my question has to do with my 10/22. I built this gun several years ago with a Hornet VQ trigger group and an Adams & Bennett Heavy Match grade fluted/compensated barrel. This is set into an older Fajen silhouette thumb-hole stock. I only shot this combination on a few occasions and probably have less than 1000 rounds through it. I recall getting good groups, but was wondering if this is still considered good hardware? or is there better stuff out there now? How does it compare to some of the newer stuff out there?
Thanks
Old 11-24-2006, 08:43 PM
laplanteohio

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Shoot it and see. Might be the best you will ever find. Might not,but only one way to find out.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:16 PM
ChargerTom
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I think its great hardware. Take it out, and shoot it. If it shoots teeny groups, then that'll confirm my suspicions.

Of course, unless you have a lot of property ... you'll have to go to a range. (I just moved back to Utah from Glen Burnie this year.) Gotta love them wide open spaces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2006, 10:19 PM
biggrizzly
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerTom
I think its great hardware. Take it out, and shoot it. If it shoots teeny groups, then that'll confirm my suspicions.

Of course, unless you have a lot of property ... you'll have to go to a range. (I just moved back to Utah from Glen Burnie this year.) Gotta love them wide open spaces.
Yeh, I miss South Carolina sooo much. Lots of open area there with shooting ranges everywhere. I found an indoor range just a few miles from the house. I can shot the 10/22 there, but it still not the same as an outdoor range. I'm still looking for a good place to shoot outdoors, not too far from home.

I want to get this gun warmed up again.
Thanks for the reply

Take Care
Don Haller
Severn, Maryland
Old 11-25-2006, 12:11 AM
OILsmoke

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That really close to my Rig.

Mine is in Stainless with a Fajen Coffee silhouette with 8 layers of Tung oil.
VQ hammer & spring kit, Extractor. Scope is a World class Tasco target silhouette 6x24x44. I biuldt it about 4 years ago and It shoots great.

I need to do some more tuning to it, Not sure what i should do next.
I know i can't use my old hot lip 25rd clips. Stock ruger clip feed fine. but the Hot Lips jam after a few rounds .SO i found this Mag and Slipped the Hint to my Son's for Xmas. Has anybody used this Clip before?http://www.tacticalinc.com/ti25-adva...022-p-532.html
It's adjustable & should fix the feeding issue the Bentz & hotlips had.

So what should be my next area to improve, Any ideas?
Old 11-28-2006, 12:43 AM
JoeCichlid

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via ICQ to JoeCichlid Send a message via Yahoo to JoeCichlid
I used to have an A&B barrled rifle....

Tack drivenist thing I ever owned. I had the now gone blued, fluted with comp (they didn't sell that version very long) and I loved that thing. On a good day with the right ammo I could shoot 0.7500 inch or smaller groups at 100 yards all day long.
I wound up selling that rifle to get an STI Open pistol for USPSA shooting. As much fun as it was to shoot that thing I just didn't have time or access to a 50 or 100 yard range enough to make it worth keeping. Wound up getting $1200 for the whole rig.

Joe W.