Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-28-2003, 07:32 PM
flip_ohio

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to flip_ohio
just got dpms ar15 panther .22 lr

This is one great and really fun shooter. At approx. 25 30 yrds with a bushnell red dot i was getting dime to quarter size groups and plan to go farther out tomorrow. Also hit a chuck with it today also.

Kinda funny story, this chuck was pretty dumb. i was just going out to target shoot in the back yard when i saw him. I wasnt even loaded yet. so i walked quietly out loaded a mag with 3 rounds and still didnt spook him. Needless to say my 1st shot off the tripod i was using to zero in my red dot was right on.

I was just wondering if anybody else out there has any experience with this rifle.

So far i love it but wondering what others think since info on the net is sparse on this gun.
Old 06-28-2003, 10:42 PM
BigMac
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sounds cool. Several of us have talked about this unit and the one made by CZ that is similar. Not too many folks have them yet but they sure sound nice.

You need to scope it and put it on a bench and see just how good it really shoots.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:56 PM
NorthFork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I have a Professional Ordnance Type 22 and really like its look and it shoots great. Your Panther 22LR sounds similar. Where did you purchase it? Cost? What is its weight? Overall length? Any chance you could post a photograph?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2003, 08:38 AM
flip_ohio

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Heres some more info for you on my dpms.

barrel 16" chrome-molly steel bull barrel, 4140.
length 34.5"
weight: 7.8 lbs
stock black zytel composite A2 buttstock with trap door assembly
sights: scope only
features: investment cast lower receiver, flat top low prow upper, aluminum free float hand guards, steel bolt carrier assembly machined from bar stock
rifling: 1x16 twist

Purchased from Fin - Feather - Fur Outfitters in Ashland, Ohio 419-281-2557 for 600.00.

If it ever stops raining today i plan on putting the scope from my 10/22 on it and see what groups i can get from 50 and 100yds.

http://www.gunblast.com/SHOT_2003_3.htm
for a picture check out this link and scroll down a bit and read the captions. Not sure how to post pics but hope this will do.

brian
Old 07-01-2003, 12:03 PM
Big Kahuna
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Big Kahuna
DPMS A22

Hi Flip_Ohio, I picked one up two weeks ago also.
They are a sweet shooter. I wanted to let you know that Midway has extra mags for it and that they were on sale for $19.95... Just got my UPS today.
Old 07-01-2003, 07:22 PM
flip_ohio

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks kahauna i was just thinking of picking up a couple more.

Hows yours on accuracy. Today i zeroed it in on a rest at 50 yrds using a bushnell trophy 1.5-4x32mm scope and i got some good results with target rifle remingtons. 4 shot group with in a dime and 2 thru the same hole

This rifle sure is fun !
Old 07-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Big Kahuna
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to Big Kahuna
flip_ohio

When I have been using Remingtons at 50 yrds, (using a bench and bags), I've been averaging about the same.... I tried Winchester Dynapoints, and it loves those.... My best groups though have been with Federal Match ammo ...My groups are real tight now... Best so far is three through the same hole, four and five drifted and opened up the group..
Your right through..... these are sure fun guns.... Best part is the wife don't care how many .22 are bought... She figures it's cheaper in the short and long run..... Doesn't yet realize that I switched from bricks to cases. ( hahahahaha)
Old 08-04-2003, 12:02 AM
sven

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NorthFork:

Please contact me. I'd like to discuss the Carbon 15 .22 LR.

Best,

-sven
Old 08-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Jimmy Mac

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tripod?

The last tripod I saw was on a .50 caliber M2 heavy machine gun.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:13 PM
flip_ohio

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Jimmy i made a rest that attaches to a camara tripod. It works pretty well and was easy to make.