Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:35 PM
nicezielklein

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope Mount Height Mm410b ?

Hi, do you reckon that 21mm clearance between the top edge of the dovetail rail and the bottom of the dovetail rail would be enough clearance for a basic 1" tube, 4 x 32 scope on an Mm410b. I haven't got my rifle to measure it at the moment and have an offer of a set of mounts.

Many Thanks
Old 04-03-2020, 10:38 AM
Capie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I currently have about 20mm clearance on my (interim) BSA mounts. Have an old Kahles 2,5x20 mounted. While it opens and loads fine, I can't remove the bolt without removing my scope... Seems as if I will need about 24 to 25mm clearance. And when I get proper mounts, the process starts all over again
Old 04-03-2020, 12:51 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
There are three serious clearance issues with the Mauser B series. The bolt handle and bolt removal have been mentioned, but the operation of the flag safety will require the highest scope mounting, depending on the diameter and location of the power ring. I don't have specific dimensions, and that will be highly dependent on your scope dimensions, but these pics might be of some help. The scope is an El Cheapo Mueller 8.5-24x44mm with large power ring and ocular diameter.

Good luck,

TBR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2020, 08:45 AM
Capie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Oh yes, did not mention it, but my 410 came without a safety. So, I wouldn't know about how much clearance is required for the safety. And is that little thing a pain to source! Only option I seem to have is that USD90 option out of the US. Would have preferred an original, of course.
Teddy Bear Rat, what mounts are you using and what is the distance between your scope and rail? About 25mm?
Old 04-06-2020, 10:29 AM
beartrax
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MM410b Rings

I use BKL 257H rings. They are inexpensive and work very well for European dovetails. If I remember correctly, I had to use the "spreader" function on the rings to get them on. Check out the BKL website for information. They are marketed by plenty of outlets as well.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Capie

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Much appreciated. I'll put them on my shortlist. Would prefer though, to have a set similar to Akah mounts in order to use my open sights frequently. About every other week about I need to get rid of a Mamba or a Moz (Mozambique Spitting Cobra). Quite a pest here on the farm, sometimes barely 40cm long.