Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:35 PM
JEC
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
The weekend grab bag surprise

I got out of the blistering desert heat and spent the long holiday weekend in the pines at the cabin in northern Arizona. There are no level 2 fire restrictions (which would include a target shooting restriction) in the national forest surrounding the cabin, so I grabbed the Buckmark, the GSG 1911-22, then closed my eyes and reached into the ammo bin for a brick of whatever bulk .22 my fingers landed on.

I don't remember where I bought this, or exactly when, although I'm sure it has to be around 10 years ago. I generally won't buy bulk plinking ammo unless it's $20/brick or less, so I'm sure I paid no more than that for it. I wish it were on the shelves today; it performed better than the bulk plinking ammo I've bought lately.

Win.JPG
Old 07-07-2020, 01:42 PM
robs9

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well? How'd it work?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2020, 02:00 PM
johnrr65

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2020, 08:43 PM
JEC

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
The weekend was spent plinking for pine cones, pop cans, steel plates and dead and down tree limbs in the forest, so I have no input on what bullseye target groups might look like.

Reliability was great. We shot most of the box after polishing off some federal bulk, and the Winchester was solid; no duds, and more powerful than the federal so as to work the semi-auto actions more authoritatively. Consistency was likewise good, with no perceptible velocity/recoil difference between shots.

The accuracy input - an embarrassing admission that my adult son - who enjoys shooting but only does so when we both get to the cabin - put me to shame. He with the iron sights on the GSG 1911, me with the green dot on the Buckmark, and he smoked me. What he was hitting consistently, offhand, with iron sights says good things about the Dynapoints. I prefer not to dwell on what it says about me and my shooting . . . .

The Dynapoints had more pop than the Federals, which I liked. I'm not sure if that's a result of more powder, a heavier bullet, or both.

Not sure what the "GT" business is on the box. Not sure if it's the same stuff as the old white box Dynapoints I used to buy at Kmart for $9.86 a brick (those days are gone, never to return). If I could still get these black box Dynas for $20 or so a brick, I'd scoop up a bunch.