Sawdust Challenge - 1/4" @ 25 Yards - Page 63 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:24 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)

I see Vincent updated the list

THANKS, Vince!!

...next time you're around, my Wifama should have been in the "varmint" class... (I should have noted that, my bad!!) The barrel is .726" diameter at the front, right behind the front sight mount, and it weighs in around 8 lbs or so..

Steady rain all day today, or we'd be out trying to get acquainted a little better with her.

She likes wolves well enough.. too bad I blew the 3rd group

Old 03-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Vincent
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'll fix that right now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOn6GqNFdk
Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 AM
.30 HART
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Heres my entry. Using a Marlin 25N with a fixed Leupold 4X fine wire scope and CCI SV. Conditions were calm and 73 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 09:25 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Sorry....not quite. In SuperStock it is three out of four but the rules here clearly state:

Quote:
If you get FOUR out of FOUR you have met the Challenge...........the Sawdust Challenge.
When I started this game I figured it would be easier for bolt actions to make the Challenge so I made it harder. 4 out of 4 groups must be less than .250 and your one group is .294". Keep trying I'm positive you will make it.

One stinking bullet kept you out and believe me just about everyone here has gone through THAT and I know I have a number of times. Enough to make you crazy. It is even worse when it is the last group because you have wasted all that ammo and time to get that far. Been there done that too!!

Just a word to everyone. Just because the SuperStock Bolt rules are similar to SuperStock that does not mean they are the same. Be sure to read the rules for each game on the first page of the game

Last edited by Vincent; 04-06-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 AM
1FJEF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There's another one that is subtly different, barrel muzzle diameter for sporter is .7 in SS/Bolt, .75 in SS/Auto. My GM barrel wouldn't make it in Bolt, but does in Auto.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FJEF View Post
There's another one that is subtly different, barrel muzzle diameter for sporter is .7 in SS/Bolt, .75 in SS/Auto. My GM barrel wouldn't make it in Bolt, but does in Auto.
What rifle do you have this GM barrel on? If you read the rules for SSB Varmint any barrel over .700 is in the Varmint class and is legal in that class. So if you had a Ruger 77/22 for instance and put a GM .920 it would be legal in Varmint.

When we wrote the rules for SuperStock Bolt there was no such thing as a Ultimate Bolt Action Forum (there still is not) so that gave us room to move up in barrel size. We could not do that in SuperStock because a .920 SuperStock would just be an Ultimate and we would be duplicating that Forum and we were asked not to do that.

SuperStock Bolt Action had room to move up......SuperStock did not. Simple as that.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:25 PM
.30 HART

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Sorry....not quite. In SuperStock it is three out of four but the rules here clearly state:

When I started this game I figured it would be easier for bolt actions to make the Challenge so I made it harder. 4 out of 4 groups must be less than .250 and your one group is .294". Keep trying I'm positive you will make it.

One stinking bullet kept you out and believe me just about everyone here has gone through THAT and I know I have a number of times. Enough to make you crazy. It is even worse when it is the last group because you have wasted all that ammo and time to get that far. Been there done that too!!

Just a word to everyone. Just because the SuperStock Bolt rules are similar to SuperStock that does not mean they are the same. Be sure to read the rules for each game on the first page of the game
Well dang it...just dang it!!! Guess its back to the drawing/shooting board. I hate that I have to go shooting again
Old 04-06-2012, 08:31 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .30 HART View Post
Well dang it...just dang it!!! Guess its back to the drawing/shooting board. I hate that I have to go shooting again
Welcome to the games, .30 HART

Those were some mighty impressive groups you had going there!! ...just add one more and Vincent will tack your name over the door!

Glad to have another player aboard!!

Old 04-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Like I said just one stinking bullet away..........

I hate that

Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 AM
OpsMgr
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Like I said just one stinking bullet away..........

I hate that
One flyer is all it takes to spoil a group...
Old 04-08-2012, 10:33 PM
.30 HART

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
No worries........ill keep the ol girl spittin bullets till we make it. I have always been impressed with that Marlins accuracy. Sure there are the CZs and Anshutz etc etc that shoot "consistently" like that but for a 20+ yrs old Marlin that has been ridden around in my truck 95% of its life its pretty dang good........makes me wonder what she wouldve shot like ifn she had been pampered........heck she wouldnt have wanted that!!!! Too many fine meals have fallen to her for me to ever truly pamper her. I do wonder what kinda groups i may be gettin ifn she had a little higher power glass up top. But again the rifle and scope have been together a LONG time so not sure if ill ever change the scope. Ive gotten my 119.00 out of her thats for sure
Old 04-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Vincent

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
The rifle and you are both shooting plenty well to make the grade. When you think about it you only missed it by 5%. The rest of the groups are smaller than needed by plenty. Very good any way you look at it.

This game is not supposed to be easy. I'm asking for 20 straight shots to be 1 MOA or better. I remember when we would have been very happy to have our center fire varmint rifles do that well.

That target was shot with an inexpensive rifle and pretty cheap ammo!!

When it comes to accuracy with rimfires these are the good old days!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:19 PM
.30 HART

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
The rifle and you are both shooting plenty well to make the grade. When you think about it you only missed it by 5%. The rest of the groups are smaller than needed by plenty. Very good any way you look at it.

This game is not supposed to be easy. I'm asking for 20 straight shots to be 1 MOA or better. I remember when we would have been very happy to have our center fire varmint rifles do that well.

That target was shot with an inexpensive rifle and pretty cheap ammo!!

When it comes to accuracy with rimfires these are the good old days!
Heck Im just having fun........Got tomorrow off so ill be out with the 10/22, 25N, 550-1, 60, 510, 22/45.....just burning powder and relaxing.......might do some fishing......................life is good
Old 08-04-2012, 10:42 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Uno mas..

We're having a heat wave here!! Temps were 80+ all day, and (for us), that's HOT, eh!! The weather guys even issued a "heat advisory" for the next couple of days, as the temps are supposed to be about like this till Tuesday. I know 3/4 of you guys are laughing at me now, but we're just not used to this here in western WA!

Took the CZ fullstock out to play today. Still getting her settled in and managed to get an acceptable target this morning before things got too warm.

CZ 452 fullstock (sporter class), warm (80's), fairly calm winds, SK+ on the menu today

Next time this one comes out, we'll try to squeeze the group size a little bit and try for the 1/8" challenge!

Thanks for hosting a fun challenge!!

Last edited by COW 54; 08-05-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 AM
Houndog_1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice shooting Cow