Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-16-2020, 09:02 PM
NHcollector2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sunday Gunday

Went to a nice gathering of younger people yesterday. At my age, 73, most people are younger. Anyway one of the attendees brought his full auto M16 SBR and 1,000 rounds of Tulla steel cased 5.56 ammo. We all had a go, it was my first time shooting full auto, a fun thing, though it isn't so special for veterans. Anyway, that steel cased ammo was flawless, not one single hiccup, and that rifle got hot. I shot mostly short bursts but there were a lot of full magazine dumps. With the 10.5 inch barrel muzzle blast and flash was impressive!

If anyone tells you that steel cased ammo should be avoided in ARs all I can say is that it works fine in M16s, it will do fine in semi-auto ARs.
Old 03-16-2020, 10:18 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I found that we struggled with accuracy with the Tulla but it functioned well. By struggling I mean sometimes not hitting a 8 1/2 11" target at 100yds. When I reloaded for the same rifle it shrunk down to under 1 1/2" without even working up specific load for the gun. Rifle has a 1/8 Wylde barrel. If I was just doing ammo dumps I wouldn't hesitate to use the Tulla but for anything else I leave it alone.

For what you guys were doing it would be great. Full auto is fun, unless you have to use it.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:52 PM
timberbeast
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Sounds like a very fun day. I find that you meet a lot of very nice people on the range. You are never too old to try something new.
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2020, 06:28 PM
NHcollector2

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
Sounds like a very fun day. I find that you meet a lot of very nice people on the range. You are never too old to try something new.
This was a private range on one of the people's property. He has 26 acres, woods, hills to shoot into. It actually looked quite a bit like Hickok45's range, steeper hill though. The young family has five horses, three goats, chickens, geese, and a one year old Holstein heifer. That heifer was sweet, very friendly.

But yes, a good gathering of people! Hill people. Actual Hill people, they live in Hill, NH.