Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:31 PM
jimc00

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Glock 44 Magazine Design

Every 22LR mag that I have ever seen has two sets of lips. The rear lips hold the cartridge down, the front lips lift the rim and align the cartridge with the chamber.

The Glock magazine has one set of lips like a center fire magazine. This is probably why they are having feeding issues.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:40 PM
HJB
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They must have overlooked that when they designed the magazine.
Old 02-10-2020, 04:18 PM
RUSTY OLD COLT
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
GLOCK 44

Put close to 500 rounds thru mine this week-end and had no feeding problems . Used mini mags, blazer, Winchester super X hollow points , federal black pack. Stay away from Remington
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2020, 09:45 AM
Gripen
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
97% (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimc00 View Post
Every 22LR mag that I have ever seen has two sets of lips.

The Glock magazine has one set of lips like a center fire magazine.

That's why the Glock mags are Perfection(TM) and all the other rimfire mags aren't.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:09 PM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
What a bunch of nonsense. Look at all the "FTF" posts on the Ruger MK XX forums. My G44 feeds Mini-Mags boringly reliable.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:20 AM
RCoop
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_AK View Post
What a bunch of nonsense. Look at all the "FTF" posts on the Ruger MK XX forums. My G44 feeds Mini-Mags boringly reliable.
While the haters hate we can just enjoy our G 44's.
My MK II wouldn't run a full magazine of any ammo until I did the Tandemkross tuneup on them.

Last edited by RCoop; 02-12-2020 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelt
Old 02-12-2020, 12:18 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just looking at pictures of loaded mags, the rounds seem stacked in a hodge podge fashion. I can see where they could still work okay, and I can also see where the first (top) round could be problematic getting to load.

Can these mags be disassembled for cleaning? Anyone have pics of one disassembled?

I don't think they would be too hard to mod to clean up the stack for maximum reliability - if they can be disassembled completely. The current mag design is the only thing holding me back from considering a G44 purchase. So pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-12-2020, 04:18 PM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post
Just looking at pictures of loaded mags, the rounds seem stacked in a hodge podge fashion. I can see where they could still work okay, and I can also see where the first (top) round could be problematic getting to load.

Can these mags be disassembled for cleaning? Anyone have pics of one disassembled?

I don't think they would be too hard to mod to clean up the stack for maximum reliability - if they can be disassembled completely. The current mag design is the only thing holding me back from considering a G44 purchase. So pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Looks like they will come apart just like any other Glock magazine...squeeze the base with a GTUL, press the plunger with a punch, and slide the base pad off. That said, no need to "mod" anything. They work great as is. Just give the mag a rap with your palm before inserting it in the pistol like I do with all magazine fed firearms.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:48 AM
Mike_AK

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimc00 View Post
Every 22LR mag that I have ever seen has two sets of lips. The rear lips hold the cartridge down, the front lips lift the rim and align the cartridge with the chamber.

The Glock magazine has one set of lips like a center fire magazine. This is probably why they are having feeding issues.
That's not really an accurate observation. The rear "lips" on a metal magazine hold the cartridge in place until it has slid forward pushed by the bottom edge of the bolt enough for the rim to slide upward between the bolt face and the extractor. From that point forward the magazine is not holding the cartridge...the bolt is. The tabs at the front of the magazine are only there to keep the cartridge from sliding laterally off the bolt face. The reason there are "two sets of lips" is that the difference in their shapes would make it very difficult to manufacture otherwise. Polymer does not share that challenge. It can be molded into compound shapes easily.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:32 PM
new cal shooter
US Coast Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These glock 44 magazines are so simple to load, two fingers help press the follower down and drop one round at a time in, mine has almost 3500 rounds put thru two magazines and I have not had any issues with magazine feeding. I have yet to clean them either, my kimber .22lr 1911 mags get cleaned after every range visit, if not, the small, thin and weak springs will not feed the rounds fast enough to feed the chamber. Glock has a real awesome shooter with the G-44, thank you Glock USA!
Old 02-14-2020, 08:06 AM
harleyhank

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are no feeding issues only loading issues. As the manual states load one round at a time with enough space to put one round in at a time. If you hold the follower tab down to the bottom of the magazine and drop in 10 rounds you will have an issue. Follow the manufactures instructions and it works!
Old 02-14-2020, 09:13 AM
RCoop

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Did This

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhank View Post
There are no feeding issues only loading issues. As the manual states load one round at a time with enough space to put one round in at a time. If you hold the follower tab down to the bottom of the magazine and drop in 10 rounds you will have an issue. Follow the manufactures instructions and it works!
Took all my mags and held the follower all the way down. Then loaded all ten rounds to see what it looked like. The first 2 or 3 would not sit right when finished the loading. Then took the magazine and gave it a rap in the palm of my left hand. And good to go
So follow the instructions and load one at a time or just create your own malfunction.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:40 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
With a thread title like this one, the thread should be about designing a higher capacity magazine.

Love the idea of a full size trainer, just would also like the ability to hold the same amount of rounds....
Old 02-14-2020, 11:05 AM
new cal shooter
US Coast Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
they are coming soon enough.. just wait.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:24 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Test_Engineer View Post

Thanks guys!
Yeah you're the one who mentioned that....mine are lining up perfectly but then I load them as Glock tells you.